WCQ: Honduras vs Canada - Thursday, Jan 27, 8pm EST / 5pm Pacific - San Pedro Sula, Honduras

LeoH037

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The ref will be Daneon Parchment

https://www.worldfootball.net/referee_summary/daneon-parchment/1/1/

He was the ref for our stoppage time loss to Mexico at the Gold Cup this past summer and our 2-0 win against the Yanks in October 2019.

I like this. The Honduran players will not be able to speak spanish to him, while Doneil will be dishing out some patois. Too bad Junior won't be there

9 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

He was the ref for our stoppage time loss to Mexico at the Gold Cup this past summer and our 2-0 win against the Yanks in October 2019.

Interesting that the VAR ref is from CONMEBOL and will be doing both Honduran home games.

11 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

If I remember correctly he reffed that match pretty well. My only gripe was not dishing out more cards during the little scuffles (namely when MAK had a hand around his throat from Herrera(?) just before their first penalty), but that was probably more on the VAR ref than on him

27 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

If I remember correctly he reffed that match pretty well. My only gripe was not dishing out more cards during the little scuffles (namely when MAK had a hand around his throat from Herrera(?) just before their first penalty), but that was probably more on the VAR ref than on him

The penalty was soft.

found myself watching the highlights of Canada’s last away trip to Honduras.  That James goal has to be one of my top 10 favourite Canada goals.  On the flip side, the Elis/Quioto link up on goal two was impressive. Henry just outrun on that one.

Edited by trc2014

21 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

found myself watching the highlights of Canada’s last away trip to Honduras.  That James goal has to be one of my top 10 favourite Canada goals.  On the flip side, the Elis/Quioto link up on goal two was impressive. Henry just outrun on that one.

Just watching that pisses me off.  Fuck I can’t stand that team and those horns going off in the stadium are infuriating. God I hope we smoke them on Thursday 

6 hours ago, trc2014 said:

Obligatory FH. We better smash them on Thursday.

Edited by Ally McCoist

7 hours ago, trc2014 said:

The goal we gave up right before half was the killer - was a pretty weak effort and we seemed to have nothing left after that. Honduras destroyed us in the second half - could have easily added another 2-3 goals

Edited by Floortom

I didnt even get past the second goal on that video.  Anyone still complaining about Wheeler better listen to that performance by that announcer.  It makes my blood boil what is it 8 years later??   Grr......I want Henry to be in this lineup just to do a bodycheck like he did against Mexico...set the tone right off the bat.  

38 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I didnt even get past the second goal on that video.  Anyone still complaining about Wheeler better listen to that performance by that announcer.  It makes my blood boil what is it 8 years later??   Grr......I want Henry to be in this lineup just to do a bodycheck like he did against Mexico...set the tone right off the bat.  

Same with me, only it was the third goal where i stopped.  What struck me more now than when I watched the game at the time,  was the lack of effort.  In some cases, i see guys jogging when they should be running.   As I type this,  i am finding myself looking for the match summary of that game to match up the numbers on the jerseys to names.  That's because there were some numbers that really stood out for their lack of effort and minimal commitment.  

Edited by Free kick

40 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Same with me, only it was the third goal where i stopped.  What struck me more now than when I watched the game at the time,  was the lack of effort.  In some cases, i see guys jogging when they should be running.   As I type this,  i am finding myself looking for the match summary of that game to match up the numbers on the jerseys to names.  That's because there were some numbers that really stood out for their lack of effort and minimal commitment.  

According to Hart, a lot of guys were extremely ill.