WCQ: Honduras vs Canada - Thursday, Jan 27, 8pm EST / 5pm Pacific - San Pedro Sula, Honduras

LeoH037

Ah yes, thé Classic “Jan 27: Canada vs Honduras and you’re all a bunch of Nazi trucker Maoist CCP antivaxxers let’s now spew unnecessary garbage at each other 4 hours before kickoff” thread we ALL know and love. I guess we have a very loose definition of “interesting takes on football” on this forum lol…

21 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

interesting to see ollie platt talk about 4 or 5 points being a good window for us. we definitely have set ourselves up to the point where we can afford a loss somewhere in there, but anything less than 6 points would be a disappointment to me. not standings-wise, but because we should beat the states at home and el salvador in the third matchday of a window with their absolute lack of depth.

I'm booking 4-6 but it could go much better.  

Much better.  The Full Monty if the stars align.  Too many unknowns playing with my head though, with the travel especially.

1 minute ago, Cheeta said:

I'm booking 4-6 but it could go much better.  

Much better.  The Full Monty if the stars align.  Too many unknowns playing with my head though, with the travel especially.

i'm definitely more confident about this game than our last few forays into san pedro sula.

playing in the evening instead of the middle of the day in front of half a crowd could be huge.

my x-factor for this game is the increased number of subs. i really feel like this could be a huge advantage to us.

and of course the fact that all of our players are better than all of theirs, i guess that could help too 🤣

The anticipation is killing me! I'm already down in my man-cave getting my food and beer ready for the big match!

Will flip between watching the first half of  US/El Savador and Mexico/Jamaica. I've got the Ecuador/Brazil game on right now - damn it's a reminder of the volume and depth of drama that can occur in a soccer game. 19 minutes in and there has been a goal (by Brazil), 2 separate red cards, and now Ecuador is all over Brazil. Soccer really is a beautiful game! Omg - as I typed another Brazilian red card!

Whatever happens tonight my heart is with our boys! We'll see this through and come out of it with a WC birth. Everybody enjoy this night - its nights like this we've been waiting for our whole lives!

Edited by Wayverider

• Admin changed the title to WCQ: Honduras vs Canada - Thursday, Jan 27, 8pm EST / 5pm Pacific - San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Just now, Obinna said:

#tradition

Now hopefully the thread will look more official and stay on track ( this goes for me too I contributed to the derailing :D )

49 minutes ago, theaub said:

Haha too much waiting around need kickoff to come already

That's the Honduran's fault! They didn't give us the 3pm special! The fact that they went for another evening kickoff feels like they have half given up already but the presidential inauguration may have had a factor to play in that as well.

So Roberto López and Devron García back in. All the attacking big guns are still there for Honduras. I think it more likely that they will score first.