WCQ: Honduras vs Canada - Thursday, Jan 27, 8pm EST / 5pm Pacific - San Pedro Sula, Honduras

LeoH037

Just now, Pottsy3 said:

I'm going to say this again... Liam Fraser has played well in big moments when called upon. USA in the Nations League, and now today. I am so much more confident with relying on him as a depth piece, as opposed to introducing players with less familiarity. Same can be said for Piette who seems to be getting more hate again in recent weeks. Both were great in their time on the pitch today.

I have always rated him but must admit he scared me when he first came on with a quick yellow and dodgy play, he settled well and had a good 2nd half and that was one amazing pinpoint 40yd pass!

8 minutes ago, SirBobsaget said:

I have been watching dodgy streams hoping

Glad your still with us @SirBobsaget . Thought you had passed on earlier this month. ;)

---

@Unnamed Trialist were you the one who posted about those Mexican talking heads making Octagonal predictions in early September?

If so, do you have a link to that?

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

12 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I remember walking out of Grace O'Malley's in a daze a decade ago.  First game I've ever left in progress.  I was absolutely shell-shocked.

Goddamn that feels good.

I couldn't walk out on that match, I was in the stadium. Shell-shocked doesn't begin to describe it. And now ... CATHARSIS!

Borjan - He gave me a few nerves coming out of his net but again was flawless.  His shot stopping is next to none.  That save before David's goal was massive for our result.  He is quickly having one of the best Qualifying campaigns in Concacaf history imo as a goalie.

Kennedy - Thought he was fantastic tonight.  I was a little nervous with him in the lineup but proved to be incredible.

Vitoria - Quiet but solid.  What you want from a CB and what you expect from him during this campaign.

Johnston - See Vitoria above.  Quietly solid

Hutchinson -  I didn't think it was his best game but his leadership is so important for us.  Going 90 makes me hope that Herdman has Eustaquio in mind for USA 🤞

Piette - Defensively a rock as expected.  I still believe we need to have more control in the center of the pitch with him and Hutch.

Hoilett - I thought he had a solid game.  Held the ball up well and aside from Tajon was the only decent attack in the first half.

Tajon - Absolutely great again.  So dangerous going forward.  For 60 minutes, I thought it was going to be his moment of magic early that saved us.

Adekugbe - Relatively solid overall.

Larin - Not great, spoiled a few good attacking opportunities.

David - Not a great start but came up huge.

Fraser - Looked real rough to start but what an absolute masterclass pass that was.  Settled in the second half as well.

Osorio - Brought something different in the midfield when he came on.

Laryea - Similar to Adekugbe.

Cavallini - Fantastic first chance and solid to bring on late in games.

Miller - Looked a bit shaky for his short cameo.

This was a good game. With a few weak moments from the #CanMNT :

- Fraser does look poor sometimes but is absolutely brilliant in others

- David and Larin doesn't work. Even Wheeler sees that! It's one or the other.

- Those Simon Eaddy corner kicks. We had 3 I think? All poor. I've got to include my usual FIRE SIMON EADDY !

6 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Glad your still with us @SirBobsaget . Thought you had passed on earlier this month. ;)

---

@Unnamed Trialist were you the one who posted about those Mexican talking heads making Octagonal predictions in early September?

If so, do you have a link to that?

I never remember what I post, nor what I say. So sorry...but I suppose you could find some.