WCQ: Honduras vs Canada - Thursday, Jan 27, 8pm EST / 5pm Pacific - San Pedro Sula, Honduras

LeoH037

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I think it more likely that they will score first.

That's something I'd like to see get corrected, you can't always make the comeback even when you are confident and dominating.  Sometimes you just run out of time.

If anyone wants to learn more about this check out the excellent Doneil Henry interview where he talks about the confidence of the team.

I would make a suggestion for people to actually watch and enjoy the game and not try to go back and forth between here and the game but I know nobody will listen :)  But I found I did enjoy the game and pay more attention when I did.

Pregame ritual:  Instead of the Dominos special deep dish half price (Monday) tonight will be homemade pizza, with homemade crust made in breadmaker (45 minutes and I don't even touch it)  Hint:  use beer instead of water and it will taste more like a pizzeria.

What's everybody else having?

5 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Pregame ritual:  Instead of the Dominos special deep dish half price (Monday) tonight will be homemade pizza, with homemade crust made in breadmaker (45 minutes and I don't even touch it)  Hint:  use beer instead of water and it will taste more like a pizzeria.

What's everybody else having?

As promised, just ate my pre-game poutine. After 7 years of searching we finally found a good poutine place here in California, so I've been doing this since just before the Panama match in October. 3 poutines, 3 wins. Hoping for 4th ... and not a heart attack.

Crap, my night to feed the kids!  (I rarely eat before game time, and I sure as shit can't eat while the game is on.) Poutine would be amazing, a singular food group that all three kids will actually eat. My concentration is waning fast but I've got so much work to do. Time to flip off the boss and call it a day, methinks.

35 minutes ago, maplebanana said:

As promised, just ate my pre-game poutine. After 7 years of searching we finally found a good poutine place here in California, so I've been doing this since just before the Panama match in October. 3 poutines, 3 wins. Hoping for 4th ... and not a heart attack.

For me it'll be about 50 chicken wings, a few bags of Lays Ketchup chips, a couple of Mackintosh toffees, a box of Timbits, wash it down with 7-8 pints of craft beer and ensure I'm wearing an over-sized bib so I don't get anything on my Alphonzo Davies jersey!

1 minute ago, Wayverider said:

For me it'll be about 50 chicken wings, a few bags of Lays Ketchup chips, a couple of Mackintosh toffees, a box of Timbits, wash it down with 7-8 pints of craft beer and ensure I'm wearing an over-sized bib so I don't get anything on my Alphonzo Davies jersey!

Great: I can envision all this going in--and out--of the ol' pie hole. You might need a bigger bib.

Edited by The Beaver 2.0

39 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

That's something I'd like to see get corrected, you can't always make the comeback even when you are confident and dominating.  Sometimes you just run out of time.

To an extent it has been corrected: Canada scored first in each of their most recent matches.

18 minutes ago, Wayverider said:

This calls for Sussex Golden Ginger Ale, by the bucket or by the pail :)

Edited by Joe MacCarthy