Lukas MacNaughton

PiedPilko

14 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Suárez was sanctioned multiple games, then months, over ten years ago, in what was one of the longest recent bans to a major player. He also publicly apologized for the biting incident. He was judged, sentenced, served, and came back with virtually no incident of note outside of habitual discipline since early 2013. He's also a legendary footballer and was the only striker in the world to rival the Cristiano-Messi hegemony when they were at their peak.

McNaughton, he's dead for club and country. He'll never play for Canada again most likely.

Are you his cousin or something? 

Incident? It was 3. Chiellini got bit in 2014 so there's that.

He's arguably our 3rd best centreback but somehow he'll likely never play for Canada.

You're championing a cheating racist scumbag of the highest order but a good Canadian boy who's one of the first CPL success stories makes a questionable at most challenge to set the tone on a tax evader and he deserves to have his career ruined.

It's nonsensical.

18 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Incident? It was 3. Chiellini got bit in 2014 so there's that.

He's arguably our 3rd best centreback but somehow he'll likely never play for Canada.

You're championing a cheating racist scumbag of the highest order but a good Canadian boy who's one of the first CPL success stories makes a questionable at most challenge to set the tone on a tax evader and he deserves to have his career ruined.

It's nonsensical.

I was not the one who ever brought up Suárez, it is just the goons defending the goon who figure, hey, a Barça supporter, let's see what we can find.

I appreciate if you can't appreciate Lucas is a mr nobody looking for notoriety with a rash play against a major player then boasting about it smirking, you won't appreciate that he's the one that has painted himself out of the picture all by himself. We saw a Danish defender boasting about injuring Lamine Yamal the other day, similar deal, if you can't make a name for yourself as a player, do it by getting your studs into someone else.

This is not the board to be defending self-proclaimed losers.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

23 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Everyone gets put in the place they deserve, not in life but in football.

Anyways, he's a goon for beaming proud about that, he wasn't even measured in his remarks, and he fell injured for months almost immediately. God exists.  

McNaughton: may God rest his soul in peace.

McNaughton, he's dead for club and country. He'll never play for Canada again most likely.

Are you his cousin or something? 

Pas ça UT...

Pas aujourd'hui...

Pas après tout ce que tu as fait...

3 hours ago, narduch said:

I still say Messi fouled MacNaughton 

The on-field decision and VAR concur.

Incidentially, there was not one Suarez biting incident ...

..there were three that happened on the field and only one of those happened in England. (with Ajax in 2010 and with Uruguay in Brazil in 2014.)

Not to mention the racial abuse and the explicitly unapologised-for handball, if being contrite is important.

To compare the two players discipline records is wildly biased, let alone coming out in favour of Suarez in such a comparison, whether he played for your club side or not.  

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I was not the one who ever brought up Suárez, it is just the goons defending the goon who figure, hey, a Barça supporter, let's see what we can find.

I appreciate if you can't appreciate Lucas is a mr nobody looking for notoriety with a rash play against a major player then boasting about it smirking, you won't appreciate that he's the one that has painted himself out of the picture all by himself. We saw a Danish defender boasting about injuring Lamine Yamal the other day, similar deal, if you can't make a name for yourself as a player, do it by getting your studs into someone else.

Keep digging mate

Care to tell us how it is okay to call Larin "low IQ" again.

Just honestly step back and realise the wild things your biases will allow you to post.  

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Sometimes it is hard to distinguish between Javierf and UT.

This is just bizarre.  The guy has come back from a serious injury, returned to play in the last game of the season and the board (well 99.9%) are giving him the thumbs up.  Glad to see you've recovered.  

"McNaughton, he's dead for club and country. He'll never play for Canada again most likely."

Thats very harsh on a CDN player on a board that is built around supporting CDN soccer and CDN players and more importantly not true.  

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I'm glad you guys were able to get all this deep set rage out thanks to the thread, because of course none of you has anything interesting to say about him as a player. 

Unless arguing he was 3rd in our CB depth is anything but a drunken stupor talking. 

He's not one that has ever given any indication of being dirty, or of seeking notoriety through on field or off field antics. He plays fairly and respectfullly. I chatted with him numerous times during his stint in Victoria, both at the stadium and around town, and he was never anything but friendly and humble. Even when my puppy stole his sandal at the beach. 

I agree with him about the play. It looked like an everday soccer play, that accidentally resulted in contact on the follow through from clearing the ball. Unfortunately for him, it happened to be Messi that challenged him late. He's more than paid the price for that. Not through some divine intervention from God, but through abuse from zealots

10 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

This is a board to defend Canadian soccer players, isn't it? Not a Barca, or Messi, or Ronaldo fan page.

Granted, you blocked me because I once said the coverage of Messi and Ronaldo was overbearing, so you probably won't even see this. 

1 hour ago, maplebanana said:

This is a board to defend Canadian soccer players, isn't it? Not a Barca, or Messi, or Ronaldo fan page.

Granted, you blocked me because I once said the coverage of Messi and Ronaldo was overbearing, so you probably won't even see this. 

Don’t feel bad. I was blocked for pointing out that Isaak wasn’t eligible for the 2020 golden boy award. 

29 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Don’t feel bad. I was blocked for pointing out that Isaak wasn’t eligible for the 2020 golden boy award. 

Well, feel bad.   I gave my honest opinion about someone pickling a shoe and calling it art, and he wrote one of his 10,000 word essays telling me how offended he was, but he didn't block me.

12 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Well, objectively speaking, Lukas is a great looking guy. Surely you can give him a pass based on looks alone.

Norm Macdonald GIF

Edited by Macksam

7 hours ago, Aird25 said:

He's not one that has ever given any indication of being dirty, or of seeking notoriety through on field or off field antics. He plays fairly and respectfullly. I chatted with him numerous times during his stint in Victoria, both at the stadium and around town, and he was never anything but friendly and humble. Even when my puppy stole his sandal at the beach. 

I agree with him about the play. It looked like an everday soccer play, that accidentally resulted in contact on the follow through from clearing the ball. Unfortunately for him, it happened to be Messi that challenged him late. He's more than paid the price for that. Not through some divine intervention from God, but through abuse from zealots

Threw in the puppy there, who can argue with that. That's effective communication. 

The folks saying shit about Messi to justify a goon action, however isolated, are still proving serious soccer ignorance. Messi is the player to be give the most play-ons in history, meaning the ref didn't call the foul on him because Messi immediately kept going. I've seen penalty fouls he got up from in a flash and scored after, the ref not having time to point to the spot. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

3 hours ago, blueseeka said:

Can't believe we are still bring this up from April. Messi will always embelish everything. His fans and his security guard are insane.

According to transfermarkt, his contract expires at end of the year. Be interesting to see where he winds up.

Screenshot_20241021_212439_Firefox.jpg

Anyone saying "always" about Messi then solely referencing his security in Miami is just proclaiming to the world he never watched the player in any of his first 15 prime years.

But you agree McNaughton was third on our depth chart?

It doesn't matter where he is on the depth chart, he definitely is there. Could come in handy when they need a tough, take no BS CB. If they switch to a back three, he could definitely be in the starting lineup depending on his form next year.

Hard to rank him this year since he barely played. I personally think he is better than Miller, McGraw and Waterman. Last year, I would of ranked him on the same level of Bombito and Cornelius.  Alot can happen in a year, Nashville died after he was injured. I am glad he is a part of the extended team