Lukas MacNaughton

PiedPilko

11 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

No Zimmerman tonight, which means McNaughton marshalled the backline in this one and becomes the first defender in MLS history to marshall a clean sheet against Messi. No doubt the brainwashed-by-Westhead twits that post anti-CSB rhetoric on a daily basis on Facebook will blame the CSB for this.

No Zimmerman is a big one for me. He needs to become the key leader in a backline if he wants to get minutes for CMNT as his mobility isnt great for an outside CB role (assuming we keep playing 3atb). 

Without herdman and on his current form, I am starting to be more optimistic that he can become a contributer to CMNT. 

12 hours ago, Shway said:

What a moment to capture.
Just a few years ago he's going up against Escalante, now it's Messi.

I will continue to say this..."God bless the CPL"

And he was getting burned by players like Escalante a few years ago. His first season with Pacific wasn’t great, but he improved drastically after being exposed to the professional game and it looks like he continues to improve  

24 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Fucking annoys me that there's no NT games for us this month. Guys like MacNaughton are the ones who suffer the most from this.

It's more than annoying, it also means we're stuck reading about @Obinna 's dreams and @Unnamed Trialist and @WestHamCanadianinOxford sleeping arrangements and couples counselling.  We all suffer, not just Lukas.

It's gonna be a long month.

Edited by costarg

2 hours ago, costarg said:

It's more than annoying, it also means we're stuck reading about @Obinna 's dreams and @Unnamed Trialist and @WestHamCanadianinOxford sleeping arrangements and couples counselling.  We all suffer, not just Lukas.

It's gonna be a long month.

We're waiting for you to open up a bit, too, @costarg, you've been on the board for a while now so let's see the real you.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Back in 2016, I convinced my wife that we should go to a L1O game with our young children for Father's Day. We went to watch North Toronto Nitros against the Kingston Clippers. A defender by the name of Niba MacDonald really caught my attention and I thought he could turn pro one day. Now he plays for Atletico Ottawa.

I recently dug up the game day program for that game and looked at the rosters of the teams. I was surprised to see Lukas MacNaughton was also on the roster that day (no idea if he played or not).

image.thumb.png.ba287b277a2c88647a3f38b74ea3d4d5.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

I'm surprised because I thought he already broke out

He kind of did, but at the same time I think he's still undervalued.  Despite all his starts last year, he did miss a lot of games due to injury (~10+??).  They are one of the best defensive teams in the league, he was quite strong in the Leagues Cup helping Nashville to the final, if he keeps healthy and keeps his spot in the starting XI he could probably finish the year with 30+ games played and cement himself as one of the better CB's in the league and either sign an extension or move to a club in the league that will pay him to be a key starter for the next 3 seasons.

Edited by Footyeh

52 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

He kind of did, but at the same time I think he's still undervalued.  Despite all his starts last year, he did miss a lot of games due to injury (~10+??).  They are one of the best defensive teams in the league, he was quite strong in the Leagues Cup helping Nashville to the final, if he keeps healthy and keeps his spot in the starting XI he could probably finish the year with 30+ games played and cement himself as one of the better CB's in the league and either sign an extension or move to a club in the league that will pay him to be a key starter for the next 3 seasons.

Fair enough. I've watched him for 5 seasons so my perspective is probably pretty biased

5 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Safe to say you’re high on him ? Can he get to a level of play where he’s behind Miller, but he’s the 2nd choice by a bit ? Or does a guy like McGraw or Cornelius end up being that ?

18 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Safe to say you’re high on him ? Can he get to a level of play where he’s behind Miller, but he’s the 2nd choice by a bit ? Or does a guy like McGraw or Cornelius end up being that ?

If he's a regular starter in the MLS, he definitely should be in the national team picture.  Whether we all agree or not, our options aren't great.  I personally don't rate McGraw, at least not higher than Lukas.