Lukas MacNaughton

PiedPilko

25 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Sapong is more in the mould of the striker they need, and clearly Peruzza and Ayo need a fresh start.

I don't think Ayo has any suitors in this league at the moment.  Peruzza is just-another-guy at this level (I really haven't seen anything special with him, so I will agree to disagree with others on him).

4 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

...and according to some is supposed to be close to an impossibility when there is no homegrown player status. Think MacNaughton is American as well as Canadian though in citizenship terms? This trade is about two clubs with a dire need for a player in the relevant position they are trading for who are happy to jetison the players they are trading away because they play at positions where they have more depth.

Classic self own by OTP here.

Lukas actually proves the opposite of the point your trying to make.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m not surprised, he is their kind of player. They love those high potential great value lower league players. They signed Isaiah Johnston from Can PL and surely must have known of MacNoughton for awhile. 

This won’t be the last Canadian low cap hit player they grab. 

15 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

He's now tied with C.J. Sappong in goals since the trade. I didn't get where I am today without noticing an equal number of goals scored by a defender and a striker when I see one.

That's the same total if you add Diomande and Akinola's contributions.  $1.8 million total vs what? $90 K?

1 hour ago, narduch said:

The goal is great but for me what's even better is that he has started 4 games in a row with Zimmerman out injured and his team have 3 wins and a draw to show for it.

Really an indictment of Bob Bradley/TFC.

Lots of TFC fans were happy to see him go.

I was critical of them letting MacNaughton go and I still am, but it's better for Lucas to be out of there, so from a NT perspective this is a good thing.

Maybe they should ship Rutty down there too. Nashville has been kind to Canadians so far.

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I didn't realize you specialized in arbitration.

Actually it's Sunshine Desserts. For those who don't get the reference to C.J. (which is probably everyone except me), this was his catchphrase in The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin

i didn't get to where i am today without Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

I was critical of them letting MacNaughton go and I still am, but it's better for Lucas to be out of there, so from a NT perspective this is a good thing.

Maybe they should ship Rutty down there too. Nashville has been kind to Canadians so far.

Thing is, it's soo difficult to gauge some of these guys while they're playing for TFC.  I've been on both sides of McNaughton.  I saw Lucas live once last year, and he looked great.  Had Quioto in his pocket all match, the guy barely touched the ball.  But then we all saw some of the highlights and it was like "ya, ok not soo sure anymore".  But perhaps its just the situation with the team and morale. 

Really hope it works out for him.  Playing next to Zimmerman can only help his development.  

4 hours ago, narduch said:

The goal is great but for me what's even better is that he has started 4 games in a row with Zimmerman out injured and his team have 3 wins and a draw to show for it.

Really an indictment of Bob Bradley/TFC.

Lots of TFC fans were happy to see him go.

I have noticed a lot of TFC fans through the years are always hard on the Canadian players 

3 hours ago, costarg said:

Thing is, it's soo difficult to gauge some of these guys while they're playing for TFC.  I've been on both sides of McNaughton.  I saw Lucas live once last year, and he looked great.  Had Quioto in his pocket all match, the guy barely touched the ball.  But then we all saw some of the highlights and it was like "ya, ok not soo sure anymore".  But perhaps its just the situation with the team and morale. 

Really hope it works out for him.  Playing next to Zimmerman can only help his development.  

Same for me. I saw him live last year vs. Vancouver. The game where Hasal got injured on the Nelson goal that was called off. Never did anything outstanding defensively, but on the ball he was very assured and composed. Just struck me as a defender with a lot of upside. Agreed that defensively he looked exposed at times during highlights, but it's not as if he was turning the ball over with missed passes or taking silly fouls due to a lack of composure, so I was always glass half full on him.

Now it's only 3 games and I haven't watched any of them, but the fact he started 3 games in a row is encouraging despite the absence of Zimmerman. Would be awesome if he's Walker's partner when he returns.