Luka Gavran

rydermike

8 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

From an outsiders perspective, it seems like TFC is speedrunning the Herdman experience. Starts well, hits a stride through sheer motivation power, cracks in the foundation appear, and then it all goes to shit. It took us like 2 years for that to happen, for TFC it’s been like 8 weeks.

Sirois breathing a sigh of relief that the MLS shaqting a fool award won’t be going to him this year for the wind gust goal. 

How long before Herdman starts blaming others? Seems to have been hinting at it lately but surely the levee breaks soon and he starts complaining about personnel. 

Even if defenders didn't point it out, it should be second nature to do a look back, like checking a blind spot while driving. I was taught that when I was young. You see it all the time where keepers will pick up the ball look back and then stand still and basically wait for the guy behind them to walk by while staring at them. The ref was probably also just waiting for him for him to kick it, he didn't even need to put the ball down, just drop kick it, whistle. He will never do it again, but it's inexcusable. 

5 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

How long before Herdman starts blaming others? Seems to have been hinting at it lately but surely the levee breaks soon and he starts complaining about personnel. 

Started that a few weeks ago after the Chicago game.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, rydermike said:

Even if defenders didn't point it out, it should be second nature to do a look back, like checking a blind spot while driving. I was taught that when I was young. You see it all the time where keepers will pick up the ball look back and then stand still and basically wait for the guy behind them to walk by while staring at them. The ref was probably also just waiting for him for him to kick it, he didn't even need to put the ball down, just drop kick it, whistle. He will never do it again, but it's inexcusable. 

Tamudo scored this goal for Espanyol to win the Spanish cup vs. Atlético de Madrid, in 2000. A bit different but really sneaky stuff. 

Tamudo scored against Canada in our 2005 friendly against Spain in Santander, ended 2-1.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, maccaliam said:

I was at the game and someone I was chatting with at halftime said they saw and heard Heardman telling Gavran to push higher up the pitch right up to the turnover and shot that went over him. 

Really? If he is asked in the presser, I wonder how Herdman will spin this?

I’m not saying it is true or it isn’t. Just what someone said they saw, and I thought it was an interesting if true. Either way, as someone said above, not a good look for a few of TFC’s players and coaching staff. 

9 hours ago, maccaliam said:

I was at the game and someone I was chatting with at halftime said they saw and heard Heardman telling Gavran to push higher up the pitch right up to the turnover and shot that went over him. 

Maybe spent too long in women's soccer if that's accurate because it's the sort of thing that would be a lot less risky in that context. I was flabbergasted when I saw in the highlights where Gavran was positioned by the time Badibanga got that shot away. Disrespectful to the Forge to assume they could get away with that.

John Herdman didn't name any CanPLers when he was putting together preliminary 60 man rosters for the Gold Cup so maybe he just received a wakeup call that the gap between MLS benchwarmers and CanPL standouts isn't that big if it even exists at all in some cases. Some players prefer to stick at a level where they are a near automatic starter than risking having a Russell Teibert type career.

11 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Thats the only reason to do it.   No business on that kind of play being that far up unless someone has told you to do it all the time eh??  

That's the part I don't understand (and said as much when it happened to Max) - there is very little reason to be THAT high up the pitch.  Maybe if a long ball is lobbed over the top with the perfect weight, a pushed-up keeper can get there first when a stay at home keeper might not, but the risk is absolutely not worth it.  A keeper at the top of the 18 can still be an active outlet for a pressure-relief backpass if that is the intent, but the risk of getting chipped when you are higher up the pitch should keep you at home.  Any turnover near half - which happens at a reasonable rate - can result in a  clear goal scoring chance.  

10 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Tough go for him, damn.

Badibanga is a baller though. That chip was even nicer than Chile’s on Crepeau, IMO. 

Wasn't a chip.  More of a beeline to the goal.  Impressive.

11 hours ago, maccaliam said:

14 hours ago, narduch said:

This seems to imply neither Herdman or Gavran have been watching recent CANMNT matches.  

Just now, costarg said:

This seems to imply neither Herdman or Gavran have been watching recent CANMNT matches.  

DIdnt you catch the cheesy line from one of the talking heads on TSN, Herdman has been so busy he hasnt had time to watch any of the euros or Copa.