Tani Oluwaseyi

Shway

On 7/13/2024 at 10:58 AM, BearcatSA said:

I like his movement, pace, and anticipation but you can see a guy who also needs technical skill refining (first touch, body positioning set up for shielding, etc.); he would be one to watch with Minny for the Leagues Cup and the rest of the MLS season to see if he can continue with his impressive first half of the year performances.

The interesting part is that he has scored a lot of goals in MLS this season given the mins he has played, so you would expect him to be more clinical. He is getting into the right spots for glorious scoring chances. I lost count of the number he had yesterday. But the experts always say that as long as a striker keeps getting chances the goals will come. 

4 hours ago, Kadenge said:

The interesting part is that he has scored a lot of goals in MLS this season given the mins he has played, so you would expect him to be more clinical. He is getting into the right spots for glorious scoring chances. I lost count of the number he had yesterday. But the experts always say that as long as a striker keeps getting chances the goals will come. 

Yes for the limited numbers of minutes he's had in this Copa he could of been our leading scorer by far. Not complaining about him as I think he'll be our future #9 replacing Larin (the sooner the better as I'm concerned), but if only he'd converted a couple of those chances.....

13 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Yeah there are two ways to look at it: A) He missed a lot of chances B ) He positioned himself well to get a lot of chances

Honestly watching the game Tani surprised me in opposite ways. His finishing was not as good as I thought but other parts of his game like passing and playmaking were better than I expected.

Honestly at this point Larin and Tani are interchangeable to me. Basically 50/50 on who could start.

Not slaggin Tani at all, but remember larin wasnt getting any love for getting in the right spots and just getting the chances.  He was getting bashed for missing them.  WHich is exactly what Tani did too, hahaha.  Not so easy to score in the copa and we look at the missed chances very differently depending on who missed them.  I'd love to see Tani take this big experience bump back to MLS and continue to tear it up.  Win a starting gig and bag another 7 this summer.  

If it came down to one game, one chance I would still put my money on Larin, but Tani does a lot Larin doesnt (speed) and is easily the most exciting up and comers scrambling for that starting spot.  He has shown he can play with the worlds best on the biggest stage....now punish the poor defending in MLS and punch your ticket to europe.  

On 7/14/2024 at 3:48 PM, Kadenge said:

I believe it in his case. Regardless, it was much better seeing him blow chances than not getting chances.

• 4 weeks later...