Tani Oluwaseyi

Shway

Just now, jhoops__ said:

I’m sure Jesse likes his pace compared to Ugbo/Bair…

But Bair isn't slow. And I haven't seen any difference in pace from Tani.

For me, I would drop Ugbo if he's up against Bair, but Brym could be thrown into the drop conversations.

8 minutes ago, Shway said:

But Bair isn't slow. And I haven't seen any difference in pace from Tani.

For me, I would drop Ugbo if he's up against Bair, but Brym could be thrown into the drop conversations.

It is really tough to compare them - at least for me.  Tani and JRR are having a solid impact in MLS, Bair was killing it in a weaker league, Ugbo only did okay but in a tougher league, and Brym got dropped to the bench but has proven he can at least play in the Eredivise - which is the highest level league of all them.

That is part of the value of having those friendlies - at least Marsch can directly compare the guys who were invited over a decent period of time.  Still a tough call tho.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

It is really tough to compare them - at least for me.  Tani and JRR are having a solid impact in MLS, Bair was killing it in a weaker league, Ugbo only did okay but in a tougher league, and Brym got dropped to the bench but has proven he can at least play in the Eredivise - which is the highest level league of all them.

That is part of the value of having those friendlies - at least Marsch can directly compare the guys who were invited over a decent period of time.  Still a tough call tho.  

Right now I would take Tani, JRR, and Bair . UGBO has never really impressed me much 

7 hours ago, gigi riva said:

Right now I would take Tani, JRR, and Bair . UGBO has never really impressed me much 

Well they make up the next generation and we need to usher in that next generation of players into the team

7 hours ago, gigi riva said:

I don't disagree.  It is just interesting to think about how your trio (and probably mine TBH) would perform in similar circumstances and levels as Ugbo and Brym.  Would they still look effective if they jumped to the Championship or Eredivise?   Hard to say. 

I still think they offer a bit more of an edge - but the difference in league quality makes it a less-than-straightforward equation.   

11 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

You rate the Eredivise a lot higher than I do. 

8 hours ago, gigi riva said:

Not so sure about Ugbo.  He's only gotten garbage minutes until now and that Trinidad match where the formation did no one any favors with 3 strikers and 2 wingers tripping over themselves.

Costa Rica    7'
USA        6'
Costa Rica    10'
Panama        3'
Curaçao        14'
Honduras    59'
Qatar        30'
Uruguay        17'
Trinidad    70'

I'd like a real look at him in a proper system.

7 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

You rate the Eredivise a lot higher than I do. 

Definitely don’t claim any sort of deep knowledge.  But I would think their top teams outdo the top teams of other leagues.  IMO teams like PSV, Ajax, and Feeyenord (sp?) would generally outperform the strong Championship or MLS teams.  And the SPL is so skewed by the big 2 that it is hard to rank it very high.  

14 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Definitely don’t claim any sort of deep knowledge.  But I would think their top teams outdo the top teams of other leagues.  IMO teams like PSV, Ajax, and Feeyenord (sp?) would generally outperform the strong Championship or MLS teams.  And the SPL is so skewed by the big 2 that it is hard to rank it very high.  

Their top terms are their top teams (and to be fair that rotates a little) but it falls down from there.  I would put the first two you mention above them from top to bottom. 

Ajax right now are not a good team. 

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Their top terms are their top teams (and to be fair that rotates a little) but it falls down from there.  I would put the first two you mention above them from top to bottom. 

Ajax right now are not a good team. 

There's no perfect way to do it, but I always try to pay attention to where a countries league ranks in the coefficient and how the "non-big" clubs do in Europe. So for instance, right now Netherlands is up 6th while Scotland is down to 14th. And historically, Scotland's other teams tend to crash out of Europe in the qualifying stages while Netherlands might have a team like AZ make the group phase.

On a related note, this is also why I'm interested in seeing what would happen with Cornelius if he jumped from Malmo to Ajax or Feyenoord: because he'd be moving from one of the "big" clubs in the 28th ranked league up to a big club in the #6 league.

1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

There's no perfect way to do it, but I always try to pay attention to where a countries league ranks in the coefficient and how the "non-big" clubs do in Europe. So for instance, right now Netherlands is up 6th while Scotland is down to 14th. And historically, Scotland's other teams tend to crash out of Europe in the qualifying stages while Netherlands might have a team like AZ make the group phase.

On a related note, this is also why I'm interested in seeing what would happen with Cornelius if he jumped from Malmo to Ajax or Feyenoord: because he'd be moving from one of the "big" clubs in the 28th ranked league up to a big club in the #6 league.

Again no perfect way, as you say. Opta  does do stats for all the teams in the leagues in question and does a metric. I haven't seen one for last year.

Not get a lot of argument from me about Scotland.  I actually enjoy watching it but it is probably mid Championship in the  3rd-6th ish range but then League 1. 

AZ did really well the year they played us, didn't make it out of the group stage this year.  

But again the Dutch European teams even with Conference League are only 1/3 of the league.

Just looking at his goal highlights it's hard to get a feel what is standout attributes are. I know he is scoring but why?

I guess he seems pretty clinical in his shooting? Maybe the area where he would stand out from Larin?

3 hours ago, mpg_29 said:

Just looking at his goal highlights it's hard to get a feel what is standout attributes are. I know he is scoring but why?

I guess he seems pretty clinical in his shooting? Maybe the area where he would stand out from Larin?

Plus Tani is younger hence why we need to be grooming him to be the next big striker for this national team

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...