REVEALED: 2021 Voyageurs Player of the Year

Shway

Thanks for doing this.

My one bit of feedback is that I watched the video and thought that Jonathan David had won the vote, because I assumed that it was counting down all the players who polled votes, from least to most. Then, right at the end, it popped up that the Phonz had actually won. Maybe I just missed something at the beginning of the video, though.

Appreciate the work you've put into this, though.

6 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Thanks for doing this.

My one bit of feedback is that I watched the video and thought that Jonathan David had won the vote, because I assumed that it was counting down all the players who polled votes, from least to most. Then, right at the end, it popped up that the Phonz had actually won. Maybe I just missed something at the beginning of the video, though.

Appreciate the work you've put into this, though.

I tried to take a page out the ballon D’or video release. However if you noticed there wasn’t numbers given for the final two like the other 12 guys, and in the video at the end before it says and the winner is…

It’s only confusing if you’re not watching and reading 😉

@Ozzie_the_parrot Understood.

Edited by Shway

1 hour ago, Shway said:

I tried to take a page out the ballon D’or video release. However if you noticed there wasn’t numbers given for the final two like the other 12 guys, and in the video at the end before it says and the winner is…

It’s only confusing if you’re not watching and reading 😉

Sorry, man, I don't feel like you are listening to the room here. It's only confusing because it's confusing.

And in a year when we have more talent to showcase about a poll we clearly hold so dear, with the Voyageurs name on it, it deserves to be clearer at the end.

29 minutes ago, nolando said:

Sorry, man, I don't feel like you are listening to the room here. It's only confusing because it's confusing.

And in a year when we have more talent to showcase about a poll we clearly hold so dear, with the Voyageurs name on it, it deserves to be clearer at the end.

The room being two people?

It’s a reveal video. 

I think you’re just complaining for complaining sake at this point. Considering there is also a link to an image that displays it “clearly”. 

Happy new year. Hope you are okay. 

35 minutes ago, frattinator said:

Great video! 

I did find it funny that Kamal Miller was the only one who didn’t get a short highlight reel in the countdown 😂

Yea man it was tough finding clips of him, and I didn’t want to hold up the video any longer for my impatient wife who wanted me to stop working on it and the others who desperately couldn’t wait - only to complain lol. 

Edited by Shway

43 minutes ago, Shway said:

It’s a reveal video. 

I think you’re just complaining for complaining sake at this point. Considering there is also a link to an image that displays it “clearly”. 

1.   Thanks for doing this.  Very cool.  

2.  Don’t take the suggestions, meant to be constructive, as personal criticisms.   Everyone appreciates the effort you put in.  

3. I tend to agree with the spirit of the suggestions.  By counting down it does imply that the order is the final result.  It would be super easy to remedy.  Either don’t number the nominees as you preview them (could post the full result list later) or stick to the actual order for all of them.  

Seriously not meant to be hyper critical.   Part of the reason I think it warrants tweaking is because it is a really good overall piece of work and could get serious views.  Hell, I would send the link to someone at One Soccer to see if it gets any traction.  

Anywho, just my $0.02.  Really do appreciate the work.  

I agree with dyslexicnam, Shway — appreciate all the effort and really liked the video generally, but I was also very confused by how it ended, and I’m positive it’s more than a couple who were.  Don’t sweat it though. We are a small punchy subset of 8 billion punchy people at the moment. Love that 13 players got votes. Underscores how far we’ve come. Happy New Year all. 🥳

1 hour ago, Shway said:

It’s a reveal video. 

Could you post the final voting results, full list? Either here, or, for example, on the other thread since it's still sticky: It would be great to see how it all came out.

40 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

If you click the link in his post it shows everyone who received a vote.

Thanks I'm dumb.

Surprised Eustaquio was so clearly no. 4. Also surprised Tajon rated so highly. And Johnston.

I put those top three as top 3, but admit that our bias to attacking rather than defensive players is pretty telling. Telling that we have the same biases as other fans elsewhere, we don't seem to appreciate who's holding things down at the back.

I edited video for a living and have a love hate relationship. I was also born in the early 80s. 

For those two reasons I clicked for the text results right away first before going back to watch it. 🤣 

Well done and thanks for the time this took Shway. This is the type of stuff that makes this group great. 

3 hours ago, Califax said:

I edited video for a living and have a love hate relationship. I was also born in the early 80s. 

For those two reasons I clicked for the text results right away first before going back to watch it. 🤣 

Well done and thanks for the time this took Shway. This is the type of stuff that makes this group great. 

Man I would no way call myself a video editor. Tbh this was my first video lol, and I don’t like doing it - especially doing it for the good of the community. I thought we would enjoy something like this as oppose to how it’s typically done. Secondly part of my mindset of contributing to the football community/ the voyageurs in whatever way I can. However, I definitely wouldn’t  do this in isolation again as it’s just better to do things like this without a sole onus. 

@dyslexic nam I always appreciate criticism, positive or negative. Growing up in a close big family has prepared me for that, and I hold no grudges when it may be something I don’t want to hear.

To my main point of doing this presentation, I had this epiphany to myself of what skills can I lend to grow/help with Voyageurs or my local football community beyond simply engaging in conversation and being reactive to measures that are done (everybody had ideas and suggestions for ticketing after it became a “mess”). This video isn’t something I do, but I did it in effort to contribute to evolving the things we do and see around here.

So a challenge to the frequent posters, members new and old. What can you do to better support this group. Is it donating? Is it volunteering when hands are needed? Is it offering your talents and skills? 

We all come from different backgrounds, and I’m sure we can come together to evolve all aspects. Don’t complain if you don’t contribute. 

(Forgive me if members of the leadership think Im overstating myself - I’m only speaking from the heart)

Edited by Shway