All purpose ‘Going to Qatar’ thread

EJsens1

1 hour ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

So you think it would be easier to go through CSA? I highly doubt that especially if we make it. Family and friends are definitely gonna get the majority of those. As just fans, we will probably have to go through FIFA directly. 

Again, I'm i am not 100% sure of this,   but I recall that the Nationals associations get allocated tickets and the amount is based on whether they're playing in the WC finals.  In the past, i seem to recall that Canada got a very tiny portion (something 8K).  And that was because we didnt qualify.

29 minutes ago, Free kick said:

it should be much much more that 15K...

My reasoning for that arbitrary number was 6 of the 8 stadiums are only 40000 seats (other two are 60 and 80 grand).  Assuming the other country gets the same amount, that’s 30 grand of most of the stadiums gone already.  You can’t allocate 30000 to a country when 75% of the time, a stadium can only accommodate 40000 people.  

Yahoo article says this is first application phase running till Feb 8. 

Cheapest ticket is cat 3 level for US$70. A bit cheaper than Russia. Which other sport org drops their ticket prices for any tiers?

Qataris get it cheaper with cat 4 tickets at US$11 - the cheapest since Mexico 86 US$3 local price. Article says low price is to make easier for migrant workers - apparently the 2019 World Track & Field Championship local tickets were $US17 but still didn't sell.

90k in rooms will be made available later this year on a website. Peak rooms needed is estimated to be 128k between Nov 27-28.

https://sports.yahoo.com/qatar-world-cup-ticket-sales-220426013.html

35 minutes ago, red card said:

Yahoo article says this is first application phase running till Feb 8. 

Cheapest ticket is cat 3 level for US$70. A bit cheaper than Russia. Which other sport org drops their ticket prices for any tiers?

Qataris get it cheaper with cat 4 tickets at US$11 - the cheapest since Mexico 86 US$3 local price. Article says low price is to make easier for migrant workers - apparently the 2019 World Track & Field Championship local tickets were $US17 but still didn't sell.

90k in rooms will be made available later this year on a website. Peak rooms needed is estimated to be 128k between Nov 27-28.

https://sports.yahoo.com/qatar-world-cup-ticket-sales-220426013.html

Great article.  Thanks.  Continued lower prices for the host country.  I’m curious in 4 years if they will have lowered pricing in Canada, the US and Mexico.  I suspect not.

Really looking forward to tomorrow!

3 hours ago, EJsens1 said:

Great article.  Thanks.  Continued lower prices for the host country.  I’m curious in 4 years if they will have lowered pricing in Canada, the US and Mexico.  I suspect not.

Really looking forward to tomorrow!

The prices for 2026 are going to be absolutely wild.

Just applied. Was pretty straightforward. Asks for a passport number, but I just put TBD and was able to submit the application. Hope it's eligible.

My total came close to $10,000 QAR, which is currently about $3,400 CAD. That was for the final and a four-match Canada package in Category 1. So, that's single admission to five different matches.

I didn't bother applying for guests, because things are unclear on that front and I would have had to provide their names, etc.

Fortunately, there is an option to join groups so that you can be seated with whom you want, as long as they apply, too. 

Deadline is Feb. 8. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

1 hour ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Just applied. Was pretty straightforward. Asks for a passport number, but I just put TBD and was able to submit the application. Hope it's eligible.

My total came close to $10,000 QAR, which is currently about $3,400 CAD. That was for the final and a four-match Canada package in Category 1. So, that's single admission to five different matches.

I didn't bother applying for guests, because things are unclear on that front and I would have had to provide their names, etc.

Fortunately, there is an option to join groups so that you can be seated with whom you want, as long as they apply, too. 

Deadline is Feb. 8. 

Good for you.  However, there was no rush to submit.  Doing it immediately without the other names involved doesn’t speed up your process.

Also, you applied for all 7 games, not 5

Edited by EJsens1

So the day is here…

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/qatar2022/tickets

Everything you need to apply is above.  @DeRo_Is_King applied for the actual final game though in his package in case you’re wondering about why it is that expensive.

It is a very easy process, I think.  I’ll just get right to point here about ticket prices.  The prices are listed.  Once you’ve created your account, you’ll apply under the international ticketing process obviously. Couple basic steps through that and you’ll get to this point..7AF4FF73-ADEE-45CA-B43E-FB853670B107.thumb.png.d4a9bb6170cd10b2737651435eca5315.png

I picked the team specific ticket series.  Once you get through that you’ll get this page..

64EBE176-F8DE-4DBA-AEFD-AFB01AFA3EDA.thumb.png.4493f59ee0a493fd8ea43e57c389f6b7.png

So whatever amount of games you plan to stay for, in this case 4 (through round of 16), I choose the Canada TST4.  Once you select that below will be the category of seating you want and the number of people (up to 6)

6C6C7750-7E65-43FA-B108-B72AFAB77F56.thumb.png.9f96ad9b963f161f4de4ee5c0ca21e84.png

Here is the pricing into Cdn dollars

1 cdn dollar=2.92 qatar rial approximately 

If you want the Canada TST 3 games 

Cat 1- 2640 QR=$904 CDN

Cat 2- 1980 QR=$678 CDN

Cat 3- 825 QR=$282 CDN

If you want Canada TST 4 games 

Cat 1-3740 QR=$1280 CDN

Cat 2-2805 QR=$960 CDN

Cat 3-1210 QR=$414 CDN

Again, these are approximations, but should be pretty close with the exchange rate.  I can’t get over how cheap Cat 3 tickets are if you do the 3 game package.  

When you are filling out all the information from the other people going with you this is the info you will need as a heads up

D7625DC1-00AE-4974-A0B1-617B6A4ED06E.thumb.png.71e441cb49eba14721824b96b57bb412.png

I hope this gives you an idea.  There was nothing released on hotels, or whatever accommodations yet unfortunately 

Edit..upon closer look, you can see the disparity in the number of tickets they have allocated for each Category (category 4 are for the people of Qatar and don’t apply for international supporters) so keep that in mind if/when you apply.  Just a couple of examples here..

05B41C4E-344A-40F8-9D4F-2D223AC08FE2.thumb.png.a607673a51d9de3eb0130e1661939fe7.png

966EB6A6-D341-478C-BE40-87EFB89398C0.thumb.png.bbf2ff12ef84e3c2a76ce1e5f4ccfbef.png

Edited by EJsens1

9 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

What happens if you go the 4 game package and Canada is out in 3? Out of luck, refunded or given another round of 16 match?

Good question..I couldn’t find the answer to that.  My best guess, you are refunded the money.  Essentially if Canada doesn’t make it, it would mean another country(and their supporters) obviously would fill that spot. I’m personally not planning to apply until after this deadline (Feb 8th) but that may change.  I’ll see if I can get the exact answer for this.

There is a FAQ page as well

https://fifa.powerappsportals.com/en-US/qatar2022/

Edited by EJsens1

2 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

Good question..I couldn’t find the answer to that.  My best guess, you are refunded the money.  Essentially if Canada doesn’t make it, it would mean another country(and their supporters) obviously would fill that spot. I’m personally not planning to apply until after this deadline (Feb 8th) but that may change.  I’ll see if I can get the exact answer for this.

I suppose another question is: what happens if Canada doesn't make it altogether? 

Appreciate all the information.

Edited by CanadaFan123

14 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I suppose another question is: what happens if Canada doesn't make it altogether? 

Appreciate all the information.

Good timing..just went and saw this. I was wrong. So if you get the 4 game package and Canada doesn’t make it out of the group, you still have the ticket for the game in the round of 16.  I suspect you can try to resell it back through the FIFA ticketing portal but I’m not sure.  If your intention (flight and hotel already booked anyway) was to stay for Canada, you might as well enjoy the game as disappointing as it will be if Canada were eliminated.  That’s my take on it.

Yes if Canada doesn’t make it you can get a refund for a small fee (less than $20 cdn)

E14F6454-8071-4582-9A5C-47FE763A1E62.png

D24A61B4-B8DA-47B5-8056-61E41DB8E5E5.png

Edited by EJsens1

If you are successful in this draw does it preclude you from possibly getting supporter tickets in the next round?

I know for Euros the supporter tickets were done through federations (ie I randomly signed up for the Portugal one the day before tickets launched as was able to get for any of their matches that I wanted) but not sure if WC is different.  

12 minutes ago, Razcal said:

It would be nice to have an idea of the date range these games would be played on.

The first round runs from Monday November 21st through Friday December 2nd.  The last possible day Canada would start would be Thursday the 24th of November.
Second round goes from Saturday December 3rd through Tuesday December 6th.

If they qualify, you’ll obviously be able to piece together when they start and when a possible round of 16 match is exactly and then plan accordingly for flights and accommodations.  

4 hours ago, EJsens1 said:

Good for you.  However, there was no rush to submit.  Doing it immediately without the other names involved doesn’t speed up your process.

Also, you applied for all 7 games, not 5

I'm well-aware that it won't speed up the process, but I figured I'd get my application out of the way and maybe join a group later. 

Actually, I applied for Canada TST 4  and then the final as an individual ticket. So yeah, it's five tickets with the final being played by any two teams.

For those interested in knowing more about game dates, here is a link to the full tournament schedule:

https://www.qatar2022.qa/sites/default/files/documents/FIFA-World-Cup-Qatar-2022-match-Schedule-EN.pdf

1 minute ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

I'm well-aware that it won't speed up the process, but I figured I'd get my application out of the way and maybe join a group later. 

Actually, I applied for Canada TST 4  and then the final as an individual ticket. So yeah, it's five tickets with the final being played by any two teams.

For those interested in knowing more about game dates, here is a link to the full tournament schedule:

https://www.qatar2022.qa/sites/default/files/documents/FIFA-World-Cup-Qatar-2022-match-Schedule-EN.pdf

Ok my mistake 

2 hours ago, theaub said:

If you are successful in this draw does it preclude you from possibly getting supporter tickets in the next round?

I know for Euros the supporter tickets were done through federations (ie I randomly signed up for the Portugal one the day before tickets launched as was able to get for any of their matches that I wanted) but not sure if WC is different.  

I’ve seen that brought up about federations issuing tickets. I just don’t know. I’ll post below what FIFA is saying about ticket purchases. I’m not sure if applying for the Canada TST package puts you in a designated supporters area or randomly in the category section you choose.  Sorry I don’t know.

E4852735-C705-4E87-923C-12302977132E.thumb.png.1ec4e68078a23e746a7b1dd28e81bfad.png

There’s also going to be a fan ID card needed within the country.  Not much info yet on that 

3E5D000D-76DA-4CEB-A22E-BE7C3B17C090.thumb.png.41fc68448753326dfefdacc7c47eb4d6.png

8 hours ago, Razcal said:

It would be nice to have an idea of the date range these games would be played on.

Yes,  that's the problem. We know when the tournament starts but that's it.   And not knowing adds to the costs.  We know the group stage lasts two weeks but, you don't need to be there for two full weeks and may not want to.  Just knowing that you need to be there 10 or 11 days (for example)  versus 14 days is significant.   Much wont be known until the draw in April but is it too late to start planning then?

Edited by Free kick

2 hours ago, Free kick said:

Yes,  that's the problem. We know when the tournament starts but that's it.   And not knowing adds to the costs.  We know the group stage lasts two weeks but, you don't need to be there for two full weeks and may not want to.  Just knowing that you need to be there 10 or 11 days (for example)  versus 14 days is significant.   Much wont be known until the draw in April but is it too late to start planning then?

It’s a tough dilemma.  That’s the nature when attend a sporting event that is a tournament setting like this.  There are 3 different phases for applying.  You can wait it out, see where Canada lands and apply in the next phase (phase 2) after the draw in April.  Problem with that, from my memory, is that is the phase that has the most applicants.  It only makes sense as you can better plan your trip.  Phase 3 is later and I believe it’s first come first served for the tickets left.  I don’t see Canada being a huge draw but if they get stuck in a group with like England and the Netherlands for example, there will be a lot of demand.  It’s not an easy decision to make, especially if you’re going with multiple people and coordinating schedules/vacation time from work