Ahmed Al-Ghamadi

Atlantic

4 hours ago, Atlantic said:

Permanently joins Al-Ittihad 

I’d put his shot at playing for Canada at less than 0.001% but still not officially gone forever yet 

Do we know if he was called up to Saudi Arabia's WC qualifiers this week?

23 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Do we know if he was called up to Saudi Arabia's WC qualifiers this week?

Yes, he was called up for their World Cup Qualifiers.  He is one of 31 players included so I’m not sure where he ranks in their group but given he is 22 years old and these are qualifiers, he could be cap tied to them after this week.

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Didn't realize the transfer was for so much.

Must be some weird oil money at play, but that would rank in the top 10 of biggest transfers by a Canadian.

It's amazing. As someone who follows BC youth soccer closely, it's most exciting that this is another guy who seemingly never played EA/BCSPL or Whitecaps soccer. Blaise Nkufo seems to have been his primary coach through his youth, before time with Rinos, school soccer at St. Georges, and a cup of coffee with PFC.

1 hour ago, nolando said:

It's amazing. As someone who follows BC youth soccer closely, it's most exciting that this is another guy who seemingly never played EA/BCSPL or Whitecaps soccer. Blaise Nkufo seems to have been his primary coach through his youth, before time with Rinos, school soccer at St. Georges, and a cup of coffee with PFC.

I think he spent the majority, if not the whole season with Pacific. I believe he was commuting to and from Victoria for training before he finished school 

4 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Didn't realize the transfer was for so much.

Must be some weird oil money at play, but that would rank in the top 10 of biggest transfers by a Canadian.

Yeah but still in the bottom percentile of transfers for allocation money

51 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I think he spent the majority, if not the whole season with Pacific. I believe he was commuting to and from Victoria for training before he finished school 

Someone close to that team told me two months. But I have no definitive info.