TFC - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

I missed the first half, so I was surprised to see that it was 4-0 for TFC at the start of the second half.  My surprise just got deeper through the rest of the game because the team was playing exactly like they did before this game, i.e. they couldn't hold on to the ball when going on the attack and spent most of their time in their own half of the field making weak clearances.  I really need to catch the first half next game and see what I was missing.

38 minutes ago, Free kick said:

You obviously weren’t there.

Not sure that makes any difference to the observation but, no, I wasn’t.

However there were hundreds of seats quite clearly empty on television, including many that make up the large white maple leaf on the far side of the pitch. 

Excellent crowd there for sure but his statement was false. 

Edited by gwsmith63

2 minutes ago, gwsmith63 said:

Not sure that makes any difference to the observation but, no, I wasn’t.

However there were hundreds of seats quite clearly empty on television, including many that make up the large white maple leaf on the far side of the pitch. 

Its was a sell out.  Trust me.   I was there.  I could post pictures, but i wont bother.  Also,  why is it that when the topic of attendance at soccer games in Canada comes up,  its always the attendance at TFC that gets questioned?   are people suggesting that the MLSE lies about their attendance?  I never see any topics or discussions relating to poor attendance or questioning attendance numbers when it comes to other canadian clubs.   Or are they all exceptional.  

2 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Its was a sell out.  Trust me.   I was there.  I could post pictures, but i wont bother.  Also,  why is it that when the topic of attendance at soccer games in Canada comes up,  its always the attendance at TFC that gets questioned?   are people suggesting that the MLSE lies about their attendance?  I never see any topics or discussions relating to poor attendance or questioning attendance numbers when it comes to other canadian clubs.   Or are they all exceptional.  

Lol.

Pretty obvious you don't frequent the CPL sub forum.

1 minute ago, Free kick said:

I’m not questioning attendance of any team at all. It was a terrific crowd tonight that looked fantastic overall. But his comment was wrong. There were quite clearly empty seats. 

10 minutes ago, gwsmith63 said:

I’m not questioning attendance of any team at all. It was a terrific crowd tonight that looked fantastic overall. But his comment was wrong. There were quite clearly empty seats. 

That is only from the usual Toronto nonsense of people arriving late, leaving early (for each half) etc. As others who were there have already said, It was clearly (to those of us in thee stadium) sold out.