TFC - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

18 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

That was the biggest defensive piece of shit I have see in a long time.  MacNaughton may not be a world beater but he was light years ahead of where Mavinga was tonight.   That was terrible.  

I'm not sure why Mavinaga is still here.  Yes, he occasionally steps up.  At least (if not more) often, he makes egregious errors or boneheaded plays.  He's also 30 years old and isn't going to get any better than he is today.  Surely we can put in a young defender who will do a comparable job today and a better job with some additional time.  Or at least find an older player who is better.

9 hours ago, Shway said:

Here's what we know about TFC roster:

- They currently have 25 players signed of a potential 30. 
- 2 of those guys are on season long loans (Auro & Singh) making it only 23 guys.
- Insignie is coming in June to 24.
- Kobe Frankin, and Themi have used 2 out of 4 short term loan agreements (meaning they are likely to be given HG contracts soon)
- A lot of the players who have played a part in the season so far are not on the senior roster.
- TFC has a lot of salary cap to play with in bringing in additional talent. 

Rather then paying millions for 1 or 2 European players,, why not pay for several Argentinian or Brazilians that would love to get paid $100k USD a year.

7 hours ago, Kingston said:

I'm not sure why Mavinaga is still here.  Yes, he occasionally steps up.  At least (if not more) often, he makes egregious errors or boneheaded plays.  He's also 30 years old and isn't going to get any better than he is today.  Surely we can put in a young defender who will do a comparable job today and a better job with some additional time.  Or at least find an older player who is better.

Yea he's been surprisingly regressing, looks disinterested and just makes mistakes that he can't make up for anymore. Maybe he needs a new challenge? 

The fact he's probably on TAM money (850k+) and he's performing the way he is also alarming. However, his contract is up this year

Edited by Shway

2 minutes ago, ATM said:

Rather then paying millions for 1 or 2 European players,, why not pay for several Argentinian or Brazilians that would love to get paid $100k USD a year.

Sounds good when playing FIFA or Football Manager, but you need to do impeccable scouting to find a player willing to play on that money. Most of the Argentines in the league are on upwards of 500K. Majority are either DP's or Young DPs. 

9 hours ago, Shway said:

Here's what we know about TFC roster:

- They currently have 25 players signed of a potential 30. 
- 2 of those guys are on season long loans (Auro & Singh) making it only 23 guys.
- Insignie is coming in June to 24.
- Kobe Frankin, and Themi have used 2 out of 4 short term loan agreements (meaning they are likely to be given HG contracts soon)
- A lot of the players who have played a part in the season so far are not on the senior roster.
- TFC has a lot of salary cap to play with in bringing in additional talent. 

I should add that I'm actually happy with the way the squad is currently built, and where they currently are in the table with 25% of the matches played. 

Salary Cap = 4.9M
TAM Allocation = 2.8M
GAM = 1.625M plus

- 400K from Delgado trade
- 50K from Lawrence
- 50K from Dwyer
Total: 2.125M

Kerr - 65K
Petrasso - 65K
MacNaughton - 65K
Chung - 65k
Thompson - 65K 
Achara- 67K
Perruzza - 67K
Priso - 75K
Ranjitsingh - 85K
Marshall-Rutty - 106K
Nelson - 106K
Okello - 111K
Shaffelburg - 117K
O'Neil - 147K
Akinola -   uncertain (but it confirmed he's a YDP 200K)
Westberg - 288k
Bono - 483K
Jimenez - TAM player (612k) transfer fee was paid. 
Osorio - 876K (612K) could be bought down with GAM or TAM 
Mavinga - 888K (612K) could be bought down with GAM or TAM
Bradley - 1.5M TAM player (612) could be bought down with TAM
Salcedo - uncertain (DP 612k)
Pozuelo - 4.7M (DP 612k)

17 players count for  2M of the salary cap. That's a masterclass, and Insigne's budget charge will only be 300K.
Considering this was a rebuilding year, they have a great foundation to continue to build on. 

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

That was a match where the casual fan would have been asking, "How are the Jays doin'?"

A lotta bad play out there, particularly from the CBs, not to mention the high priced defender with the durability issues

Aesthetically it was the poorest match they have played, and Salcedo is playing as though we would be better off with Soteldo at the back

Salceido has been very mysterious to me, sometimes he plays a very nice pass out of the back and then he makes poor rookie mistakes...was he a good player before he came here....seriously??  Annnnnd now Mavinga is hurt.   Oh boy this could be shaping up into a long season cause Oneil doesnt look like he is the answer either. That should have been a winnable game, its a shame they are wasting the finishing of Jimenez.  

And Mr Parrot, always throwing out the strawman "stop the divisive CPL VS MLS" pearl clutching, when no one mentions CPL and they are calling him out on his cognative dissonance on attendance numbers and crowd pictures.  Seriously, we cant even mention TFC attendance in the TFC thread without this clown trying to shout it down??  Personally the TV shot at BMO has always looked sparse to me over the years, but i never thought it was some sort of scheme to fool us (why would they?) i just assumed that a couple of crowd shots didnt tell the whole story and the numbers were accurate.  But maybe I am too trusting....