TFC - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

23 hours ago, narduch said:

Isn't just a Twitter handle at this point?

No idea. A person said "There are some of the us that split off from the Inebriatti proper. We are trying to promote different approaches to the ultra mentality. More diversity in approach leads to more ideas, better support etc. That's the way we see it at least" 

I'm still confused about it though.

59 minutes ago, YorkRegionFan said:

Is there something brewing between Coach Bradley and Chris Mavinga?  On RBP forum, someone posted a clip of some disagreement between the two, on the sidelines during the game.  TFC might be in trouble next game, with Salcedo out.

I wonder the possibilities of Singh being recalled on emergency basis, similar to what happened with Sirois last year.

1 hour ago, YorkRegionFan said:

Is there something brewing between Coach Bradley and Chris Mavinga?  On RBP forum, someone posted a clip of some disagreement between the two, on the sidelines during the game.  TFC might be in trouble next game, with Salcedo out.

He had a bigtime subpar season last year, I wondered if he would be one of the "bad attitude" guys that got moved.  When they kept him I thought it was a sign everything was oky dokey......but maybe it isnt.  It sure looked like Bradley was bring him in for Salcedo when he hyperextended his elbow, but didnt.  I didnt see the clip though....care to share??  

8 hours ago, Bison44 said:

He had a bigtime subpar season last year, I wondered if he would be one of the "bad attitude" guys that got moved.  When they kept him I thought it was a sign everything was oky dokey......but maybe it isnt.  It sure looked like Bradley was bring him in for Salcedo when he hyperextended his elbow, but didnt.  I didnt see the clip though....care to share??  

Here is the Clip  posted by Rydermike on rpb. 

On 4/3/2022 at 5:36 PM, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

The bits and bobs I’ve seen of TFC this year have definitely been interesting and as a Canadian, I’ve enjoyed watching the youngsters get a run out.

One thing that has stuck out to me is the vast numbers of different players that have featured. I know there has been a few injuries but it seems like Bob Bradley has still to work out his best 11. It will be interesting to see who cements their position and again how that changes with Insigne. 

Luca Petrasso has been a pleasant surprise but didn’t look as impressive yesterday. I felt like him and Shaffelburg ended up playing a bit too similar and instead of combining, they got in each other’s way. Also, am I the only one amazed by how much taller he is than Michael? If the MLS site is correct, Luca has 5 inches over Michael. 

I’ve also been pleasantly surprised with MacNaughton and O’Neil on the back but left a bit wanting by Salcedo. I’ve not see most of the matches so I’d be interested in what others think of Salcedo.

Because the team is so young, TFC literally have two guys they can play in every position minus the CBs. I think this will benefit them in the long run. 

12 hours ago, Bison44 said:

His play fell off a cliff last season, possibly in part due to a family issue (daughter?) while durability hasn't been his friend.  However, I get the feeling that maybe a change of scenery might get him back on track.

Edited by BearcatSA

13 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Salcedo lucky not to have 2 reds for that, wonder if he’s on the chopping block.

he’s awful, might as well go to the can PL and get Didic or Zator, TFC have space, they can’t be worse than Salcedo.

TFC do not have space to jettison a DP midseason, especially after they paid Jozy Altidore to go to the Revs.

Salcedo's been Jekyll and Hyde. When he's good, he's far and away the best defender they've had in years. When he's bad, he has a second half like he did last night.

Bob Bradley's biggest challenge this year may be figuring out how to harness the good from Salcedo and eliminate the bad.

15 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

I wonder the possibilities of Singh being recalled on emergency basis, similar to what happened with Sirois last year.

I would rather keep him in the CPL to see how he does , I’m not sold on Singh and won’t be surprised if he actually struggles in the CPL too, hopefully he proves me wrong .

Edited by SoccMan

One interesting wrinkle I've not seen before and I don't know if it was shown or commented upon on the telecast, but on each corner kick or free kick that TFC had to defend, Bradley Sr pushed Shaffelburg & Nelson (or Kerr in the 2nd half) all the way up the field to the top of their own half. This had the effect that Philly felt the need to leave three players at the centre-half line to defend against the possibility of a counter-attack at either end, which subsequently meant they had fewer players in the box to attack the corner.

Speaking of Kerr, much better from him today than in game 1 - looked like he has some speed and yet another young Canadian attacker with some one-on-one ability.