TFC - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

If the new signings are going to have a significant impact on playing time for the kids, I am hoping they land in a spot where their development can continue uninterrupted.  I think each of Priso, Nelson and JMR are clearly already able to play at this level so if any of them are anticipated to be benched by the new signings, I would rather they play elsewhere (as much as I have enjoyed watching some/all of them play for TFC each week).  

If you are bringing in a star winger, maybe some of the youngsters are expendable now (Shaff), move them out if they arent going to play, get a back up CB/depth.  Somehow this is prob just going to be a "get Salcedo out" and TFC get GAM/TAM/SAM/FLIM FLAM, free up an INT and DP spot.  

Just now, Bison44 said:

If you are bringing in a star winger, maybe some of the youngsters are expendable now (Shaff), move them out if they arent going to play, get a back up CB/depth.  Somehow this is prob just going to be a "get Salcedo out" and TFC get GAM/TAM/SAM/FLIM FLAM, free up an INT and DP spot and BAM!

fixed.

21 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

If the new signings are going to have a significant impact on playing time for the kids, I am hoping they land in a spot where their development can continue uninterrupted.  I think each of Priso, Nelson and JMR are clearly already able to play at this level so if any of them are anticipated to be benched by the new signings, I would rather they play elsewhere (as much as I have enjoyed watching some/all of them play for TFC each week).  

I think with the new signings Priso, Nelson and JMR will still get a lot of play off the bench and starts once in a while. I do not think that is a reason to look to move to another team.

After the loss against Seattle, Bob Bradley said in the post-match presser that their entire offense runs through and is based upon Pozuelo, which I thought was a curious comment given that this isn't likely to be the case with the most expensive player in the league coming in to presumably run the offense.

These rumours are making me think that it's Pozuelo, even though replacing Salcedo (to let him be with family) makes more sense off and on the pitch. If Bernadeschi is a legit rumour, that would probably require another DP slot. Although if that happens as well, at the rate they are going they might as well trade Salcedo to LAFC for Chielini and the rights to Henry just to get the rest of the former members of Italy's Euro champions team here.

Like the way Onesoccer covers all of Canadian soccer without falling into a CanPL vs MLS mindset:

They seem to think it's Pozuelo that TFC really want to move but it makes sense to also explore what could happen with Salcedo. Interesting angle from Garth Wheeler about there being interest across MLS because Pozuelo might not be able to refuse a transfer in that context.

23 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Yikes why….. not the move I want for him. We just don’t need him blocking Priso and Okello from playing sorry. 

Priso yes, but Okello may have to move on eventually. He is having a tough time getting into the side already as it is.

On that note, is he injured or something? I haven't noticed him on the bench lately, let alone on the field.

Your reaction on Kaye was my initial reaction. However, it could be an upgrade depending on what the trade piece is. 

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Priso yes, but Okello may have to move on eventually. He is having a tough time getting into the side already as it is.

On that note, is he injured or something? I haven't noticed him on the bench lately, let alone on the field.

Your reaction on Kaye was my initial reaction. However, it could be an upgrade depending on what the trade piece is. 

Yes, Okello has been injured for 3-4 months now.  Since before JMR got injured. Apparently a leg injury of some kind but it's been next to impossible to find out what it is.

I am torn about Pozuelo.

Part of me would have liked to see this front 6...

Insigne----Jiminez (Akinola) ---Bernardeschi 

----------------Pozuelo-----------------------

---------Osorio--------Kaye (Bradley)-----------

Sounds like his departure is imminent. Oh well.

Perhaps it's going to be Osorio higher up in Pozuelo's spot, with Kaye and Bradley holding the middle (and Priso coming off the bench). That's still a very good side, but Poz is a unique player who I thought could maximize Insigne (and I guess Bernardeschi) by getting them the ball. The TFC brass clearly thinks otherwise. Maybe there really is an off field element to this, whether that's Poz being toxic or TFC simply wanting to move him to get bigger Italian names in the door. Maybe both?

Edited by Obinna

4 hours ago, maccaliam said:

When is osorio’s contract up? Is it this year?  
Could TFC be looking to move him if they don’t believe he will sign a new deal on terms they are happy with?

It is up this year, but I don't think it would be a good move to trade him for Kaye, if that is where you are going with this - it feels very much like Oso is the heart of the team right now (unlike the Captain). I am also not sure why Colorado would go for such a deal as they would get saddled with the prospect of losing Osorio for free at the end of the year and they gave Kaye a big long-term contract when they traded for him last year (I don't see them trading him at all, but now that I've typed that, it will probably happen).

Meanwhile Bernadeschi as the replacement DP seems done: