AWAY TRIPS: Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Panama   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to which games

• Honduras
    • El Salvador
    • Costa Rica
    • Panama

48 minutes ago, pod818 said:

I booked a flight to CR. Don’t wait, the fares will go up quickly. It’s also around March break time too. 

This could be a potential game to clinch as well. It will be my first away game in another country. Will there be tickets through the CSA? Usually any meetups organized?

I'm going too, and I'm kinda hoping we bottle it in El Salvador on Wednesday so that the games in CR and Panama are still meaningful. 

5 minutes ago, Carefree1905 said:

I'm going too, and I'm kinda hoping we bottle it in El Salvador on Wednesday so that the games in CR and Panama are still meaningful. 

I am the opposite. I hope CR are mathematically eliminated so that the chance of any incidents is basically nil when we beat them in San Jose.

Plus - I just want the qualification issue settled as soon as possible.  No need to go to central america needing a result - new team identity or not.  

Sorry if this has been asked (and answered comprehensively) but is there still a chance of any group deal/arrangement for the away game in CR?  I am still on the fence but am looking at plans and will probably reach out to a travel agent to maybe do some of the planning legwork.  For me it would be a family thing and ideally we would would land in Toronto on the 26th to minimize time/costs there for the Jamaica game.  

16 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am the opposite. I hope CR are mathematically eliminated so that the chance of any incidents is basically nil when we beat them in San Jose.

Plus - I just want the qualification issue settled as soon as possible.  No need to go to central america needing a result - new team identity or not.  

There is no chance of Costa Rica being mathematically eliminated by the time we play them. 

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

There is no chance of Costa Rica being mathematically eliminated by the time we play them. 

Ah, fair enough.  I was more thinking about it from our perspective (having already clinched) but that makes sense insofar as they would have lots to play for (and would probably take a home loss poorly). 

On 1/31/2022 at 11:32 AM, Buchta said:

The old stadium where Costa Rica played was in a really rough area on the edge of San Jose.  It was not that  safe of a place to be after a night game. I think the new national stadium is more central, and should be in a better location.

You are probably thinking of the Ricardo Saprissa Stadium which located north of the city in Tibas. Costa Rica played a number of WCQ there in the early 2000s - the fans are very close to the pitch and it used to be turf.

The new national stadium is in the lovely La Sabana Park. The park is nice escape from the concrete jungle that is San Jose. You can definitely feel comfortable there during the day, but I would hold off on any late night jogs.

7 hours ago, pod818 said:

lets hope this CR fiasco doesn't end up in some sort of ban on fan attendance

Since its not a stadium related issue I doubt they would ban fans for the game.

I could see the players that tested positive and played being suspended though.

If they award Jamaica the win they would be technically not out.

1 hour ago, Carefree1905 said:

So, will there be a section for visiting supporters? I booked my flights and hotels months ago but I'm still waiting for information on game tickets for CR and Panama. Is anyone organizing anything? Or am I on my own?

The Voyageurs will be bringing this up to Canada Soccer.  Will probably start a thread shortly for this to gauge numbers for CR and Panama.  But want to give Canada Soccer a few days to breathe as I know they have been run off their feet.  Then there's the home game against Jamaica which will be massive...lots of work and planning ahead.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

The Voyageurs will be bringing this up to Canada Soccer.  Will probably start a thread shortly for this to gauge numbers for CR and Panama.  But want to give Canada Soccer a few days to breathe as I know they have been run off their feet.  Then there's the home game against Jamaica which will be massive...lots of work and planning ahead.

That's terrific! Seriously with 3 games left, I don't think there could be too much kudos given to everyone who worked behind the scenes to make this run a special one. We went from that Salvador game at BMO where visitors were out in droves, to games being sold out before opening of general sale, team bus being greeted with flares, stadium a sea of red. Media is on board now, but this buzz was created through these forums, social media and word of mouth way before CANMNT became flavor of day. Let's finish this in style and make next few games epic! Cheers to all who contributed to this! 🍻 

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Thanks. I've been keeping track of the Voyageurs forum and this one, but I've never been to an away game before so I don't know what the procedure is. I just want to make sure I don't miss the boat.

55 minutes ago, Carefree1905 said:

Thanks. I've been keeping track of the Voyageurs forum and this one, but I've never been to an away game before so I don't know what the procedure is. I just want to make sure I don't miss the boat.

No worries.  I think the most that could be expected would be tickets and potentially a pregame and/or postgame gathering.  But will let people know once we find out more.

Anything like a package tour or accommodations would be up to each individual.

On 2/1/2022 at 1:49 PM, sloth8 said:

You are probably thinking of the Ricardo Saprissa Stadium which located north of the city in Tibas. Costa Rica played a number of WCQ there in the early 2000s - the fans are very close to the pitch and it used to be turf.

The new national stadium is in the lovely La Sabana Park. The park is nice escape from the concrete jungle that is San Jose. You can definitely feel comfortable there during the day, but I would hold off on any late night jogs.

Sounds like they are thinking of having the game at the Ricardo Saprissa stadium

6 hours ago, pod818 said:

Sounds like they are thinking of having the game at the Ricardo Saprissa stadium

That article posted above translates to "Costa Rica expects to play at home in March with 100% capacity and the use of the Ricardo Saprissa stadium is not being considered"