AWAY TRIPS: Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Panama   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to which games

• Honduras
    • El Salvador
    • Costa Rica
    • Panama

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

They will be at 60% capacity for the next home match.  

https://ticotimes.net/2022/01/11/tickets-for-the-la-sele-vs-panama-qualifying-match

I bought a refundable plane ticket to San José a few days ago for the March game crossing my fingers that I can go.

Where did you find a refundable ticket?  I could only find "no change fee" tickets on Travelocity.

Booked my hotel at a little place maybe half a kilometre from the stadium, called Casa Jardin del Mango (House of the Mango Garden).  Arriving the 23rd, departing the 26th.  It was pretty cheap.  I'll book airfare when we find out about match tickets.  Anyone have any idea when that might be?

14 hours ago, umpiredice said:

Booked my hotel at a little place maybe half a kilometre from the stadium, called Casa Jardin del Mango (House of the Mango Garden).  Arriving the 23rd, departing the 26th.  It was pretty cheap.  I'll book airfare when we find out about match tickets.  Anyone have any idea when that might be?

I booked a hotel in Escazu on points as it also has a hospital w/a PCR test location about 150 m from the hotel.

So the only response so far is that in order to buy tickets in Honduras, you need a Honduran phone number to use an app called Tengo.

I am not sure if you can put a chip in or buy a burner phone and use it that way. 

They say 'some outlets' may have tickets but have not provided any info on what those might be.

During non covid they would not get away with this shit. 

1 hour ago, rob.notenboom said:

So there’s a guy named AJ Jakubec (he does radio play by play for Atletico Ottawa I think) who is going and looking to meetup with some other Canadians. Not sure if you’re interested, but do you mind if I connect the two of you?

Yes that would be great. Is he going to both games as well? 

17 minutes ago, Joe1973 said:

@patstew19, @rob.notenboom, @admin gentlemen! For those who are going to El Salvador game, would you have information on possibility of securing last minute tickets if necessary? Depending how things go this week, I might go to Salvador. Thank you and feel free to DM me.

I will ask again. 

But they did not give us any information about El Sal

7 minutes ago, Joe1973 said:

Thank you really appreciate it

Normally all of this would be done through Canada Soccer. 

With Covid and rules changing constantly... I don't think anyone in either federation wants to touch this with a ten foot pole.

1 minute ago, admin said:

Normally all of this would be done through Canada Soccer. 

With Covid and rules changing constantly... I don't think anyone in either federation wants to touch this with a ten foot pole.

It's a shame but understandable too. In the outside chance that everything goes 100% right in this window, and that Salvador game becomes a potential clinching game, to have 0 fans there from Canada would be a bit of a downer. Especially for us older guys. ;) 

5 minutes ago, Joe1973 said:

It's a shame but understandable too. In the outside chance that everything goes 100% right in this window, and that Salvador game becomes a potential clinching game, to have 0 fans there from Canada would be a bit of a downer. Especially for us older guys. ;) 

I think you can get in, I just don't see either federation arranging anything.

Honduras limited it to an app called Tengo and requires a Honduran phone number.

I am assuming there are federation lawyers in the background slowly shaking their head no no no.  

14 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Sadly I'm now 100% out for Honduras and El Salvador. I've rescheduled my vacation to late March so I hope to go down to Costa Rica &/or Panama.

To those going, have fun and stay safe!

That's a shame you couldn't go this month, but I'll see you in Costa Rica in March - just booked my flights!