Jan 30: Canada vs US

JAJ14

11 hours ago, CanMNT Memes said:

Americans always blame their issues on Berhalter playing MLS players.  True a European 11 sounds great but it is all about the right players in the right places, and buy in from the team, not just where your players play.  And when you have difference makers like Davies, David, Larin, Eustaquio you can have MLS players in the right roles.  Biggest American issue is their difference makers have either been hurt (Reyna) or haven't consistently made enough of an impact (Pulisic, McKennie)

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Floortom said:

This seemed pretty inevitable so I'm not surprised. I do think a capacity on 1000 for outdoor events is a bit extreme though. If you're capped to 1000 indoors, then outdoor should be able to accommodate 10,000. Not sure why there is no distinction

I agree.  I’m biased because I have tickets so I hope it happens.  I got my booster last weekend.  Let’s say they cap it at 1000.  I wonder if they’ll wait a few weeks to see if the variant has a significant drop off in cases before making changes.  Say January 20th rolls around and the case numbers have dwindled and capacity numbers can increase again.  So many moving parts here 

15 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

I agree.  I’m biased because I have tickets so I hope it happens.  I got my booster last weekend.  Let’s say they cap it at 1000.  I wonder if they’ll wait a few weeks to see if the variant has a significant drop off in cases before making changes.  Say January 20th rolls around and the case numbers have dwindled and capacity numbers can increase again.  So many moving parts here 

Unfortunately they quickly drop capacities but take a long time to raise them

1 minute ago, Floortom said:

Most experts are saying the "case peak" will happen mid to late January - there's no way the capacity constraints will be lifted or increased until mid February at absolute earliest.

Note: i am not saying I agree or disagree with this approach, it's just an informed prediction

Yep...at this time just hoping the Jamaica game is full capacity

13 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Unfortunately they quickly drop capacities but take a long time to raise them

For sure.  Wishful thinking on my part

11 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Most experts are saying the "case peak" will happen mid to late January - there's no way the capacity constraints will be lifted or increased until mid February at absolute earliest.

Note: i am not saying I agree or disagree with this approach, it's just an informed prediction

You’re probably right.  I assume if there is a crowd allowed, it would be a lottery system in who gets tickets.  Would Forge season ticket holders get the preference here?  I’d be pretty livid if that was the case.  If it’s random and fair, that’s the way it goes whoever wins 

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

The $600 in non-refundable airfare hurts more than the waiting….

I know a lot of airlines are offering no-change fees/flight credits in the case of cancellation, maybe enquire if you can just pay the difference for a future flight? I had to do it for Aeromexico and I had purchased through a third party, it was a hassle but in the end they honoured my money. 

2 hours ago, Floortom said:

my flights to Toronto were just cancelled by Air Canada and instead of accepting the change, I took the refund.  I’ll buy a new plane ticket if this game actually happens with fans.

25 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

my flights to Toronto were just cancelled by Air Canada and instead of accepting the change, I took the refund.  I’ll buy a new plane ticket if this game actually happens with fans.

Honestly, at this point I’ll be happy if the window actually happens with a reasonably full squad.