Jan 30: Canada vs US

JAJ14

22 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

The number was just something I threw out. It’s the range of games Steffen plays at Man City. Not a serious guess. Leno is almost assuredly gone.

For reference, Steffen started 12 for Man City for the entirety of 20/21 and they made it to the finals of almost every competition they are in

24 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

For reference, Steffen started 12 for Man City for the entirety of 20/21 and they made it to the finals of almost every competition they are in

Fair enough. I knew Steffen had played in at least 10 games but less than 20 so that was the number I threw out. It’s possible if Arsenal are in conference league they play Turner similar to what Spurs did but who knows. 

3 hours ago, pod818 said:

Anyone up for Ugbo starting against the US?

I can see it tbh.

David looked a bit ginger coming off the field. I think the plan was to start Larin against the US, given his early substitution. Whether that’s alone or in a pair, Idk.

This was the lineup in Nashville:

Larin

Davies            Kaye          Eustaquio        Hoilett

Adekugbe    Kennedy Henry Johnston   Laryea

Borjan

I see that exact same backline starting again. Maybe Cornelius in or Miller in for Kennedy if he needs the rest.

I’m guessing the front 5 looks something like

Larin/David

Millar.         Kaye.          Eustaquio.      Buchanan

or 

Larin.         David/Ugbo        

Osorio

Kaye.              Eustaquio

If Eustaquio is a no go, then you have to figure it’s a lone striker to get an extra midfielder on.

Larin/David

Millar.  Kaye   Fraser  Buchanan

Edited by footballfreak

30 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

I wish OneSoccer could have a second feed that was the game with an overlay of the Davies live stream 

Davies was watching the game with his chat on a second monitor without them being on a delay...I don't know how he does that lol I'd hate to have everything spoiled

31 minutes ago, P-O said:

Am I the only one to think we should go full rotate, play tight and aim for 1 point.

Let's go for the W in Salvador.

If soccer was more established in Canada, I'd be completely fine with some gentleman's agreement between the two teams to treat the match as a recovery training session and then go out and stomp the team you'll play on Wednesday.  That said, the game is important for mindshare and branding given the expected viewing audience so I'll assume they go all out for the three points.

5 hours ago, footballfreak said:

I can see it tbh.

David looked a bit ginger coming off the field. I think the plan was to start Larin against the US, given his early substitution. Whether that’s alone or in a pair, Idk.

This was the lineup in Nashville:

Larin

Davies            Kaye          Eustaquio        Hoilett

Adekugbe    Kennedy Henry Johnston   Laryea

Borjan

I see that exact same backline starting again. Maybe Cornelius in or Miller in for Kennedy if he needs the rest.

I’m guessing the front 5 looks something like

Larin/David

Millar.         Kaye.          Eustaquio.      Buchanan

or 

Larin.         David/Ugbo        

Osorio

Kaye.              Eustaquio

If Eustaquio is a no go, then you have to figure it’s a lone striker to get an extra midfielder on.

Larin/David

Millar.  Kaye   Fraser  Buchanan

I definitely think we see Millar and probably Ugbo. Herdman has been consistent with rest in the middle game

Millar for Junior and Ugbo for David (since Larin was the first replaced yesterday).

MAK for Piette provided MAK is healthy.

Kamal for Kennedy

Atiba for Oso

I would also expect either Vitoria or Johnston to start on the bench with probably Lareya or Cornelius (or Henry to set the tone versus US) in their place

Edited by blueseeka

This will be the first time I'll be watching us play live. Can't wait!!!!!

I'll be coming in from Mississauga. What's the best time to get into THF? Is it reasonable to drive and find parking near the stadium in one of those municipal parking lots at 1:30pm (so getting into the stadium by 2pm latest)?

Just trying to plan the day out. Super pumped!!!

37 minutes ago, Canadlan said:

This will be the first time I'll be watching us play live. Can't wait!!!!!

I'll be coming in from Mississauga. What's the best time to get into THF? Is it reasonable to drive and find parking near the stadium in one of those municipal parking lots at 1:30pm (so getting into the stadium by 2pm latest)?

Just trying to plan the day out. Super pumped!!!

There's a thread going on this with an amazing Google Doc that should help you out: How to get to Hamilton - Please help here. 

1 hour ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

There's a thread going on this with an amazing Google Doc that should help you out: How to get to Hamilton - Please help here. 

I recommend you give yourself more than an hour before kick-off in case of delays.           

Here is the google doc, Travel Information for Canada vs. USA at Tim Hortons Field which includes multiple transit and parking options.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z1rB4zKpceA1_x47zAekNcTC8mGQrKXPme03VlqSB3s/edit#

3 hours ago, blueseeka said:

Atiba for Oso

This is about the third or fourth time that i have seen someone suggest or post a lineup that has Oso in a DM role.   But when has Osorio ever played DM?   
never seen it, ever.  

Oso plays primarily in the final third of the pitch and is a link-up player.  Unlike Atiba or Piette, or Eustachio, his primary role is not that of a ball winner.  

edit:  my mistake. I just saw that you suggested the opposite.  But my point still applies,  there is a difference in roles and responsibilities and skills of a defensive MF and an attacking midfielder. 

Edited by Free kick

2 minutes ago, Free kick said:

This is about the third or fourth time that i have seen someone suggest or post a lineup that has Oso in a DM role.   But when has Osorio ever played DM?   
never seen it, ever.  

Think he’s done it at times for TFC (or at least as more of a box to box midfielder than attacking mid/wing) but yeah I agree, that’s not really his role with CMNT.