Jan 30: Canada vs US

JAJ14

43 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

I would assume all that happens is that the person who bought the tickets is reimbursed the money regardless of who they transferred it to, hence if you bought it off a scalper, good luck 

If someone bought off a scalper on Ticketmaster or any reputable site then they're fine. If they bought it off some random person on the internet with a bank transfer then they're screwed.

Edited by afurry91

1 hour ago, afurry91 said:

If someone bought off a scalper on Ticketmaster or any reputable site then they're fine. If they bought it off some random person on the internet with a bank transfer then they're screwed.

If you bought off of Stubhub you would get a complete refund, they  charge the sellers credit card to get the cash back. I am a TFC season ticket holder and sold my pair through the account manager for a game later in the 2020 season that was eventually canceled. When the buyer at some point requested a refund through TM it was deducted from the cash that I left in my account with TFC. Now with all the tickets sold say through the Vs message board at least you know the seller was a member and you should be able to easily get a refund. It is all about a communication. 

Another question is this... in the resale, will Voyageurs members still have priority access to seats in what were previously our assigned supporters sections?  Because otherwise, ticket holders from anywhere in the stadium can buy into the Voyageurs section during the resale.  It would be a shame if the supporters section is diluted by random fans and Voyageurs members end up scattered throughout the stadium because those are the only seats that they can get.

Logistically, it seems like the best way to keep us together would be if the Voyageurs sections are assigned a different presale code than the rest of the stadium and that code is sent only to ticket holders who had previously bought seats in one of those sections.  Or maybe the Voyageurs sections will require two codes:  a resale code and a Voyageurs code.  Another alternative would be that previous holders of tickets in the supporters sections get early access to the pre-sale (a pre-pre-resale) but that somehow seems less likely,

Edited by spinrack

28 minutes ago, spinrack said:

Another question is this... in the resale, will Voyageurs members still have priority access to seats in what were previously our assigned supporters sections?  Because otherwise, ticket holders from anywhere in the stadium can buy into the Voyageurs section during the resale.  It would be a shame if the supporters section is diluted by random fans and Voyageurs members end up scattered throughout the stadium because those are the only seats that they can get.

Logistically, it seems like the best way to keep us together would be if the Voyageurs sections are assigned a different presale code than the rest of the stadium and that code is sent only to ticket holders who had previously bought seats in one of those sections.  Or maybe the Voyageurs sections will require two codes:  a resale code and a Voyageurs code.  Another alternative would be that previous holders of tickets in the supporters sections get early access to the pre-sale (a pre-pre-resale) but that somehow seems less likely,

Check out the discussion under "Ugly choices - Picking the least worst option for Canada vs USA 50%". It seems V's will have a seperate pre-sale for allocated sections, much like the first one.

10 minutes ago, Shway said:

It’s funny how they always do it conveniently before us.

These are not done through TM the way our are.  

If we were doing it old school, where I had all the tickets we could do something similar. 

Even for this, if we had an extra week even a few days we could have done it differently. 

10 minutes ago, admin said:

These are not done through TM the way our are.  

If we were doing it old school, where I had all the tickets we could do something similar. 

Even for this, if we had an extra week even a few days we could have done it differently. 

Now that i learn this, it kind of changes my views a bit.  How come they manage to instill a process whereby they can avoid TM and yet we are not permitted in Canada?  the old school system, that you referred to is the only one that works in the environment we currently in.   

PS.:  by environment, i dont mean pandemic but rather where there is heightened public interest. 

Edited by Free kick

2 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Now that i learn this, it kind of changes my views a bit.  How come they manage to instill a process whereby they can avoid TM and yet we are not permitted in Canada?  the old school system, that you referred to is the only one that works in the environment we currently in.   

PS.:  by environment, i dont mean pandemic but rather where there is heightened public interest. 

The person I’ve talked to said they went through Ticketmaster, but it was through the USSF Ticketmaster portal which is slightly different than the main website. For example, they weren’t charged Ticketmaster fees.

8 minutes ago, Free kick said:

There also was never this amount demand or having so many members. With members numbers probably still climbing after this 3-0 window 🙂

This would probably be a nightmare to try to do today

17 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Well, timing and 20/20 hindsight come in to play here. 

We are in an unprecedented situation. 

My old system, was after a few games literally perfected.  In the start I made some errors and doubled on tickets so some people couldn't get in. But the people at BMO were fantastic and got those people inside.  I changed the system, and didn't have a double ticket for a decade. 

But that system didn't scale well.  It was so critical it work, distributing it was not an option.  Self contained I would double parity check every single email to ensure no double ticket was sent.   I got really fast at it, so I could do the whole south end of BMO pretty quickly. 

The TM system I calculated would take more than 100 hours to do the south end of BMO time wise.  The advantage is you could break it up, because no parity check would be needed inside their system.   Given the situation we are in now, it looks like we should have explored that more, and we will.

If it is possible and not too late, we will seriously consider it.  

I even had the crazy idea that should we move back to that system and have a lottery for tickets, we could do it as  live game show.... but that is my crazy brain talking.  It would be fun though.  

31 minutes ago, afurry91 said:

The person I’ve talked to said they went through Ticketmaster, but it was through the USSF Ticketmaster portal which is slightly different than the main website. For example, they weren’t charged Ticketmaster fees.

This is correct.

USSF has their own 'accout manager' page on TM, similar to what exists for pro sports team (anyone who has MLS/CPL season tickets etc has one to manage their tickets).  Canada Soccer does not have one, which in all fairness to them is because there was literally zero need for one until 16 hours ago.  

36 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

There also was never this amount demand or having so many members. With members numbers probably still climbing after this 3-0 window 🙂

This would probably be a nightmare to try to do today

Yes,  Thats what i meant about “the current environment”.

2 hours ago, afurry91 said:

US Soccer is doing a random draw to determine who gets to keep their away tickets. Looks like it’ll be complete by Monday before the presale on Tuesday. Keep those presale codes close to the vest.

Apologies if this has been posted somewhere but was the US allocation cut by 50% as well?

45 minutes ago, theaub said:

This is correct.

USSF has their own 'accout manager' page on TM, similar to what exists for pro sports team (anyone who has MLS/CPL season tickets etc has one to manage their tickets).  Canada Soccer does not have one, which in all fairness to them is because there was literally zero need for one until 16 hours ago.  

Again,  i wasnt aware of this.  when this came up in a discussions a few weeks ago, i assumed that they were just getting an allotment.  i never dawned on me that it was similar to what we have as SSH for the MLS clubs.    That's the solution right there.  Now i would imagine that for the CSA this would entail additional costs and overhead that might not be justified given the few number of games there are in a given year.  

The thing is with this system, is you have to become an official member and thats ok but how to make sure that the official members who sign up are the trully commited ones?   the answer inevitably will mean that you pay a fee (just like you pay you season tickets every year).  But overall, i still think its worth it.

Edited by Free kick

If Hamilton Public Health were in fact the reason capacity was cut to 50% they have dropped the ball here, what they should have been doing is applying for a one day exemption to get the bars and restaurants open early and left attendance at 100%! The bars will be open at 50% capacity province wide the next day and if you are going to allow fans in the stadium at all I don't really see the capacity drop making any difference, Dr Richardson herself said after the Grey Cup outdoor events are safe! What's done is done and I suppose I should just be pleased that the game is going ahead and there will be fans!

8 minutes ago, gator said:

If Hamilton Public Health were in fact the reason capacity was cut to 50% they have dropped the ball here, what they should have been doing is applying for a one day exemption to get the bars and restaurants open early and left attendance at 100%! The bars will be open at 50% capacity province wide the next day and if you are going to allow fans in the stadium at all I don't really see the capacity drop making any difference, Dr Richardson herself said after the Grey Cup outdoor events are safe! What's done is done and I suppose I should just be pleased that the game is going ahead and there will be fans!

The irony is Hamilton wouldn’t dream of curtailing indoor bar capacity and overriding the provincial government, yet they feel comfortable doing this.

Municipal anything is where dreams go to die. 

Edited by Califax

17 minutes ago, gator said:

What a complete joke. Imagine if we got a small protest going outside city hall😂