Jan 30: Canada vs US

JAJ14

11 minutes ago, theaub said:

For us to be below 50% at this rate they would need to add restrictions, so announcing that they’re removing them even if it’s a bit later can only be good news. 

Likely it would have to be something from the local level and their medical officer of health. I do not know there style and approach all that well during the pandemic, have they ever put measures beyond the rules of the province at the time like say Ottawa where Vera Etches has at times bee critical of the province at times and put in measures and capacity limits the last time before the province did. I would not be surprised to see this game left at 50% capacity simply down to the optics. This has not been a good week for Mr. Ford so we shall see. 

8 hours ago, gator said:

Normally I would recommend The Touchdown Pub, I'm not sure it will even be open by then although they have a large outdoor patio! I don't think parking will be as bad as you think especially if capacity is reduced, worst case scenario The Center at Barton is about a 15 or 20 minute walk and has tons of parking!

Just curious - Can you park at the Centre at Barton and not get ticketed if you park for an extended period? Has anyone here parked there on a game day for 3-4 hours and had no issues?

Just now, narduch said:

This will be to open restaurants. 

Seems like this game is totally flying under the radar

I’m sure he’ll start the press conference with, “First off, I’d like to assure the fans who have tickets to the Canada-US game on the 30th, that game is full steam ahead. Also, restaurants, gyms, blah blah blah”

32 minutes ago, narduch said:

This will be to open restaurants. 

Seems like this game is totally flying under the radar

Maybe not a good thing to fly under the radar right now. If they keep current restrictions till Jan 31, then we’re screwed and only having 50% capacity. When restrictions would have been lifted 9 hours later. I’m prepared to be livid at the stupidity.

Edited by afurry91

20 minutes ago, afurry91 said:

Maybe not a good thing to fly under the radar right now. If they keep current restrictions till Jan 31, then we’re screwed and only having 50% capacity. When restrictions would have been lifted 9 hours later. I’m prepared to be livid at the stupidity.

If that’s the case, it’s probably intentional. “We’re ready to lift restrictions for the most part, but packing a stadium is not a good idea.” Hopefully that isn’t the case and they allow full capacity.

16 minutes ago, archer21 said:

If that’s the case, it’s probably intentional. “We’re ready to lift restrictions for the most part, but packing a stadium is not a good idea.” Hopefully that isn’t the case and they allow full capacity.

Then hopefully they limit stadium capacity beyond Jan 31. Otherwise it’s BS.