Jan 30: Canada vs US

JAJ14

1 hour ago, afurry91 said:

In more optimistic news, Ontario had their first big drop in Covid hospitalizations today. About a week after cases peaked as expected. Keep the trend going.

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data/hospitalizations#hospitalizedAndICU

This really isn't a cause for celebration just yet.

Many hospitals don't report on weekends. That's the reason for the drop. So the Sunday number is meaningless

Really won't know until Wednesday what is really happening 

ICU numbers continued to climb as well.

Edited by narduch

2 hours ago, Free kick said:

If January 30th (in Southern Ontario) looks it does today when I stepped outside.  This game will be cancelled.

Even if we get snow like that the night before, snow plows exist. Having spent the last 4 hours shovelling: a) I need to invest in one, b) it's actually quite comfortable out temperature-wise and nowhere near Iceteca temps atm

52 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

DeRo is their guest

I started watching this podcast in the gold cup.  Jimmy and Heath spend a lot of time talking about Canada.  Honestly they barely new the team in summer and have totally come around on the quality that Canada has.  2 former players who understand the game.  I really enjoy listening to them actually.  Thanks for posting this.

15 minutes ago, narduch said:

Sounds like they are hinting at opening things back up.

So I assume the game will be a go 

That's if the snow is cleared and the roads are open by then.   The city is saying it could be a week before everything is back to normal.

PS.:  do not go on the 401.   It was pretty much closed last night.  one would get stranded for up to 4 hours.

Edited by Free kick

12 minutes ago, Free kick said:

That's if the snow is cleared and the roads are open by then.   The city is saying it could be a week before everything is back to normal.

PS.:  do not go on the 401.   It was pretty much closed last night.  one would get stranded for up to 4 hours.

The game is in 12 days. It'll be fine.

12 minutes ago, Free kick said:

That may affect individuals getting to the game but will have no bearing on the game itself.