Jan 30: Canada vs US

JAJ14

2 hours ago, gator said:

Scotland has just opened up outdoor stadiums, I wonder if this will even be noted by our provincial government?

https://twitter.com/edinburghpaper/status/1480911192570933248

If the cases, hospitalizations, ICU cases are going down and more people getting 3rd shot/booster shot, then yeah.  BUT, the main reason they are doing this is because they changed the definition of "fully vaccinated" to required 3 shots for entrance into outdoor events.  53% of Scotland's population has it, but for Canada it's only 16.56% with 3 shots. [ Ontario has 25% ].  And Canada's "fully vaccinated" definition remains at 2 doses.  Read the reason for their opening up and compare with our country / province.

EDIT :  Not trying to be a downer, as I really want to go to this game.  But Ford's actions / handling during the pandemic has been less than stellar.  As a result, I tend to be more cautious these days.

Edited by Jedi Ram

4 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Assuming it is a go and I am one of the lucky ones to get in if capacity is reduced, any recommendations on reasonable hotels near the stadium?

who would be the lucky ones to get in. To me, the fairest way would that could be done would be to resell them again entirely. Does anyone know how that worked for other sports? I am assuming season ticket holders but there are no season ticket holders for Canada games. Forge season ticket holders seats are only a small amount out of a reduced crowd.

5 minutes ago, Canadamnt said:

who would be the lucky ones to get in. To me, the fairest way would that could be done would be to resell them again entirely. Does anyone know how that worked for other sports? I am assuming season ticket holders but there are no season ticket holders for Canada games. Forge season ticket holders seats are only a small amount out of a reduced crowd.

When the Raptors reduced capacity prior to full shutdown they basically randomly selected the "lucky" tickets in order to still maintain social distancing, I presume something similar would happen here

42 minutes ago, Canadamnt said:

If there is a reduced capacity, I can pretty much guarantee that won’t happen.

If the game is in Hamilton, fans can attend at limited capacity and Dougy Ford makes it a 3 dose entry for adults, 2 dose for kids.... 

I really hope ticketmaster offers a 48-72 hour cancellation window, full refund option. Instead of going by lottery system which could make the resale market quite the headache to navigate. 

I am assuming TM would take the easier option... lottery then let us all fend for ourselves in the resale market.  

There is no way the sell out stadium would all be triple vaxed ( in my opinion). 

3 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

If the game is in Hamilton, fans can attend at limited capacity and Dougy Ford makes it a 3 dose entry for adults, 2 dose for kids.... 

I really hope ticketmaster offers a 48-72 hour cancellation window, full refund option. Instead of going by lottery system which could make the resale market quite the headache to navigate. 

I am assuming TM would take the easier option... lottery then let us all fend for ourselves in the resale market.  

There is no way the sell out stadium would all be triple vaxed ( in my opinion). 

I don't think they can do that since it is still hard to book third appointments.  But i am ready to go

21 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Like blueseeka said above, I can’t see 3 doses being implemented by then.  That’s just not fair to many people who haven’t been able to get it yet due to availability or if they do get it later in the month, won’t have cleared the week for it to take full effect. Assuming the game happens at BMO in March for Jamaica, I can certainly see it being in effect then.  Hopefully this wave will be a distant memory by then.

As to the suggestion above that the most fair way to reissue the tickets for a lowered capacity would be to resell the tickets from scratch, the hell with that.  A lottery for tickets is the most fair way by far.  Full stop, I have 4 tickets.  I’m expecting the worst, hoping for the best, but if we lose the tickets, so be it.  

apparently the offical word is Tim Hortons Field is restricted to 50% capacity to the 26th

The City of Hamilton confirmed this week that while there is a capacity limit of 50 per cent for spectator events, under pandemic rules, it's only set until Jan. 26. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/hamilton-team-canada-cold-soccer-tim-hortons-field-1.6308949?fbclid=IwAR1dqBsV-Yh2M2tArZIg6HbConj0x28LFH5jqzniA6szjD6qVC1UWndU0q0

Edited by king1010

18 minutes ago, king1010 said:

apparently the offical word is Tim Hortons Field is restricted to 50% capacity to the 26th

The City of Hamilton confirmed this week that while there is a capacity limit of 50 per cent for spectator events, under pandemic rules, it's only set until Jan. 26. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/hamilton-team-canada-cold-soccer-tim-hortons-field-1.6308949?fbclid=IwAR1dqBsV-Yh2M2tArZIg6HbConj0x28LFH5jqzniA6szjD6qVC1UWndU0q0

Yes. I've messaged the reporter to find out how people will be chosen for admission if the capacity limit is extended. I'll post something if I hear back. 

2 minutes ago, ShralpShralpShral said:

Did we read the article differently?

"As of now, I think all things are a go until we hear anything different," Smith said. 

Last segment of the article.

no. thats there too. right now the official word is 50% capacity until the city hears differently.

12 minutes ago, ShralpShralpShral said:

No.  As it stands that rule ends on the 26th.

So right now the official word is full capacity until the City hears differently.  Hence the "all things are a go" part.

It's almost definitely getting cut to 50% though.

That’s exactly how I interpreted it too.  I’m sure we’ll have a better idea the weekend before the 26th of what the province is doing and where cases are.  The fact kids are going back to school Monday is encouraging that there will be a decent crowd for the 30th.

Edited by EJsens1

5 minutes ago, David Pinto said:

How would the reporter know? The city would have no involvement in determining that process. 

I never mentioned the city. The reporter spoke with the head of soccer operations for Forge, so if he isn't the right person to ask, who is? 

Surely, there is a plan in the works to meet the 50 per cent capacity requirement, should it get to that point. 

Just now, DeRo_Is_King said:

I never mentioned the city. The reporter spoke with the head of soccer operations for Forge, so if he isn't the right person to ask, who is? 

Surely, there is a plan in the works to meet the 50 per cent capacity requirement, should it get to that point. 

Likely soccer canada as they would be the one who holds the relationships and commitments that have been made. I'm sure that they will need to balance Vs, sponsor requirements, Fifa, US Soccer etc.