Jan 30: Canada vs US

JAJ14

On 1/5/2022 at 1:28 PM, RS said:

Case counts are lower because no one in Ontario is allowed to get a test any longer without severe symptoms. The real numbers are the hospitalizations and ICU admissions, which are still rising.

Yup. The Ontario government is restricting testing as well as changing the way the numbers are collected and reported. Whether that is incompetence or ideology it sounds like a familiar and classic move that plays/rigs the numbers. 

42 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

“Boat Tours” were specified however. Where in the hell are people going on boat tours in January in Ontario? 

I live on the Lake Ontario waterfront and weirdly there are boat tours going on in winter. Really they are boat parties - I guess the indoor areas are heated. 

4 hours ago, ECW said:

Yup. The Ontario government is restricting testing as well as changing the way the numbers are collected and reported. Whether that is incompetence or ideology it sounds like a familiar and classic move that plays/rigs the numbers. 

It's definitely the GBD hand book at this point 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Air Canada cancelled my flight to Toronto and offered me a refund or a change.  I took the refund and have not rebooked another flight.  That’s how little I expect to be there and I’ve been to the last 7 home games in Canada.

But if the game is a go, I’ll get a last minute plane or train down.

That is instructive.  

I need to decide soon whether or not to cancel my airfare to get some money back or keep the ti keys in the slim hope that it will happen.  Have been in touch with flair and I suspect I will make a decision to cancel within the next day or two.   Seems extremely unlikely that this will happen with my family of 4 in the stands.

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

That is instructive.  

I need to decide soon whether or not to cancel my airfare to get some money back or keep the ti keys in the slim hope that it will happen.  Have been in touch with flair and I suspect I will make a decision to cancel within the next day or two.   Seems extremely unlikely that this will happen with my family of 4 in the stands.

I don't think there will be an official word for a while. CMNT will want fans there and will wait for the government to announce the next set of restrictions.

7 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Have been in touch with flair and I suspect I will make a decision to cancel within the next day or two.

Fortunately, my itinerary has changed involuntarily, so I can request a full refund for my airfare. 

If you don't mind me asking, what do you plan on doing with your match tickets if you decide to cancel the airfare? I'm not sure if I should sell or hold mine in case the game is postponed. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Air Canada cancelled my flight to Toronto and offered me a refund or a change.  I took the refund and have not rebooked another flight.  That’s how little I expect to be there and I’ve been to the last 7 home games in Canada.

But if the game is a go, I’ll get a last minute plane or train down.

Life must be tough. Congrats on the dedication to our national team. Hopefully you make it 8 in a row. That's a cool story 

1 hour ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

If you don't mind me asking, what do you plan on doing with your match tickets if you decide to cancel the airfare? I'm not sure if I should sell or hold mine in case the game is postponed. 

I am not even sure how many I will have (if a limited number of fans are allowed in).  I currently have a block of 4 but if they do some sort of lottery I don’t know if they would identify single tickets tartare still valid or purchase-lots that were bought together.  Depending on how that turns out I could theoretically still try to get to Toronto.  

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

That is instructive.  

Yeah, I didn’t cancel voluntarily and still hope to be there but if I had to put place a wager, it would be on a no go.  I checked with WestJet, Air Canada and Porter; can now only get a credit (have enough of them) and the case of Porter, non refundable unless I pay an “insurance” amount that is as much as the standard airfare.

22 minutes ago, admin said:

Which... if they are in our section they will be sold at... face value.

Anyone we find selling them for more is permanently banned from buying tickets in our section.

Was any known person caught during this cycle and were the tickets actually canceled by TM?

10 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Was any known person caught during this cycle and were the tickets actually canceled by TM?

We can't do that anymore.  Before I could when we dealt directly with Canada Soccer and not TM.

Best we can do is ban people from the group.  Which will matter more as we change how tickets are bought.

15 minutes ago, admin said:

We can't do that anymore.  Before I could when we dealt directly with Canada Soccer and not TM.

Best we can do is ban people from the group.  Which will matter more as we change how tickets are bought.

Interesting, just curious, why the change from directly dealing with the CSA to having to go through TM? So TM is not willing to cancel tickets I assume?

10 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Interesting, just curious, why the change from directly dealing with the CSA to having to go through TM? So TM is not willing to cancel tickets I assume?

Hell no, they make money when people resell tickets for stupid prices.

TM no longer issues PDF/Printed tickets.  

36 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

This gives me some hope for some sort of crowd on the 30th

There will be some sort of crowd. I do not think that the Dougler will close anything  totally. It's an election year. The only reason that the raps and the leafs have no fans is because they decided as an org to close to fans. The biggest issue is that the players might be sick and not play.