Jan 30: Canada vs US

JAJ14

I mean at this point my personal preference would be for the window to be postponed. We’re going to have to play the US match with no fans which is a big disadvantage for us, and bad for the CSA’s wallet too. Plus there’s just too much risk of COVID disruption / player availability issues that calls into question the integrity of the competition. Postpone it until June and get rid of the Nations League matches.

Edited by Floortom

20 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I mean at this point my personal preference would be for the window to be postponed. We’re going to have to play the US match with no fans which is a big disadvantage for us, and bad for the CSA’s wallet too. Plus there’s just too much risk of COVID disruption / player availability issues that calls into question the integrity of the competition. Postpone it until June and get rid of the League of Nations matches.

Part of me agrees, part of me doesn’t. If that were to happen, would they keep the game in Hamilton?  Wouldn’t you want to move it to BMO?  Better field and more capacity 

Our team's attention to detail is insane under this management ( in a good way). 

Wouldn't be surprised if a very large "taxi squad" is called and getting organized and locked into some type of super bubble.

Worse case we have a group of 15 guys who are fully good to go.

Agree with above, the fact that AFCON is happening, no way do I see this game being cancelled. Just going to be the logistical and player headache surrounding the games creating another X factor. 

3 hours ago, Cblake said:

if they are not allowed to have any more in the stands could we see the CSA move the game I wonder or are they committed to Tim Horton's Field?

Probably still play at Tim Horton Field because just in case it snows you can remove the snow on turf not really possible on a natural field like BMO. It’s Canada ‘s home game so your not going to play in Florida even if it’s without fans. Only way it’s played in an empty stadium in Florida is if American players are not allowed to enter Canada if a ban on non essential travel to Canada is reinstated again . 

7 minutes ago, Jedi Ram said:

It's all but confirmed... No fans in Hamilton game vs. USA...At 11 AM EST, Ford to make announcement for more restrictions including *Cancelling all ticketed events*

What is unclear is if this applies to outdoor game or not.

I'm pretty sure saying all ticketed events includes this game.

I read this would be for 3 weeks and then reevaluated. But I'm unsure if that is changed. That would give this game faint hope.

Sorry, to correct myself: the restrictions that will last until Jan 26th say this regarding Outdoor Facilities:

• Outdoor facilities are permitted but with a 50 per cent capacity limit on spectators.

I still have trouble seeing them allowing 12-15k people at THF on the 30th, but at least there's some hope.

5 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Sorry, to correct myself: the restrictions that will last until Jan 26th say this regarding Outdoor Facilities:

• Outdoor facilities are permitted but with a 50 per cent capacity limit on spectators.

I still have trouble seeing them allowing 12-15k people at THF on the 30th, but at least there's some hope.

The waiting game continues.

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

There is zero chance this game happens with fans and a good chance this game happens in a place like Mexico.  I’m now concerned about the March games.

I’m not sure why so many people feel this way. It seems pretty clear that outdoor events will be the last thing taken off the table.

I say worst case is 25% capacity. Most likely 50%+. Omicron will peak and start to come down during this lockdown.

2 hours ago, narduch said:

I'm pretty sure saying all ticketed events includes this game.

I read this would be for 3 weeks and then reevaluated. But I'm unsure if that is changed. That would give this game faint hope.

With these new restrictions placed until January 26, it would give just less than 4 days for TM and CSA to make adjustments to the reduced capacity and no doubt a lot of angry supporters who lost tickets and especially those who are made plans to travel via air and hotel ... I am pretty sure that CSA will make a decision before Jan 26 on what to do with this game and the capacity. 

7 minutes ago, afurry91 said:

I’m not sure why so many people feel this way. It seems pretty clear that outdoor events will be the last thing taken off the table.

I say worst case is 25% capacity. Most likely 50%+. Omicron will peak and start to come down during this lockdown.

HA... It's largely Ford's fault as their government are always reactive to the rising cases rather than being pro-active ... they could have easily implement those same measures at the same time as Quebec or earlier ... but no, they want everyone to continue to shop thru the holidays for the businesses.  That's why the number of cases continue to rise dramatically ... Ford's attempt to cover up COVID numbers in schools is going to hurt kids, families, teachers and education workers, and they are treating students and staff like pawns in his attempt to hide rising COVID numbers ... Hence, it's a long shot.  Not going to comment any further on this COVID issue.

32 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

IMO, there is zero chance this game happens with fans and a good chance this game happens in a place like Mexico.  I’m now a bit concerned about the March games.

Mexico?  A bit out of left field.  I know the US is not neutral territory but I still see that as the likeliest place where the whole window is played (if it’s not cancelled outright).