Jan 30: Canada vs US

JAJ14

Per the press release

'Enhanced public health and safety measures will be in place at Tim Hortons Field including fans attending the match being required to provide proof of vaccination (QR code and double dose), pass through active screening upon entry, wear masks (unless eating or drinking), practice social distancing, remain in their seats unless using washrooms or purchasing food and beverage, and avoid congregating in common areas.'

Very intrigued to how they plan to 'avoid congregating in common areas' during halftime.

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Steffen likely out

I wonder if this is why the states called 4 keepers. Speculation was that Turner may bolt to sign for Arsenal, which would leave them short handed. They'll really be in a pickle if that actually happens and they are left with Sean Johnson backed up by a 17 year old. I mean, he's not a terrible keeper or anything, he's definitely more than competent and he just back stopped NYCFC to a cup, but he's played a grand total of 9 games for the USA in his decade long career with the USMNT.

55 minutes ago, theaub said:

Per the press release

'Enhanced public health and safety measures will be in place at Tim Hortons Field including fans attending the match being required to provide proof of vaccination (QR code and double dose), pass through active screening upon entry, wear masks (unless eating or drinking), practice social distancing, remain in their seats unless using washrooms or purchasing food and beverage, and avoid congregating in common areas.'

Very intrigued to how they plan to 'avoid congregating in common areas' during halftime.

So that's a yes to selling concessions (including beer)? I was wondering whether I could at least bring a Nalgene bottle of water if they weren't having concessions..

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Careful or someone will start lecturing you about your inability to attend a game without having a beer…

Haha, I'll be having beer at the game if they sell it, or else I'll have some Rakija beforehand :) Just saying they can't expect us to attend the game without being able to drink at least water (and therefore them being able to sell it)

2 hours ago, theaub said:

Per the press release

I am getting conflicting reports on this, I did see this press release previously and figured concessions would be open, I have been told different though by someone who should know! It doesn't make sense to have outdoor patios open and not have coffee/beer/water sales at The Doughnut Box!

7 hours ago, footballer123 said:

I haven't been able to go to a Canada game in almost 5 years, but managed to get tickets to this game (general seating). What kind of atmosphere should I expect? I'm up in 205 so a bit far more the voyageurs section, and I know it really depends on whos there but would it be fair to assume people will be pretty noisy and remain standing or will people be more subdued? I'm hoping for the former...

I've been going to all the games at BMO for a while now. I usually sit in the 2nd level. There you get people obviously getting out of their seats and celebrating like crazy when there are goals. You occasionally get people standing for a while out of their seat during play, but from what I have seen people are good about sitting if the people behind them ask them to sit down.

I imagine for this game with every other row being empty, it should be easier for the people that want to stand to stand, and the people that want to/need to sit to be able to sit and still see over standers in front of them, at least see pretty well.

Also for this game, I assume most people will be standing because they'll be running on the spot to try to keep warm!