Jan 30: Canada vs US

JAJ14

11 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Honestly playing in costa rica would have been better for us. Way less travel. Ideal conditions. 

Honestly, I would much rather 1000 fans cheering on the team than a stale environment in another country.

Even if i don't end up with tickets in the redraw, i am glad the boys will get to play in front of their fans

23 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Pottsy, you didn't do good here kid. 

But that's ok, you and I are going to take a journey together, we are going on a trip of discovery. It will be unpleasant at first but in the end, for the first time in your life, you will feel alive.

How does that sound?

It sounds..... creepy.🤔

Edited by Onelessstar

4 minutes ago, afurry91 said:

Can they please not wait till like 30 minutes before the sale time to send out the presale code this time?

What about asking the CSA to have the presale at 4:30am EST so only the most die-hard log on?

and almost nobody can complain about being at work! :D  

I am not trying to be insensitive, but I am tired of this whole business.

We have a game against Honduras and it is much more important than who goes to this game in what condition. The result is far more important. You have enjoyed a football match on tv or streamed before, you get to do it again.

A result against the US is all that matters to me. The rest is just stupid in the end. If having fans and an atmosphere can help that, then great. But if the CSA had cared about that they would not have scheduled in a stadium so poorly designed for game-day atmosphere.

In the end I don't care who goes, or if you go, it matters not a bit to me. The only possibly relevant post in days on this thread was related to McKennie being able to make it or not. The rest is immature fluff.

And don't start going off on me because those who had tickets until now felt exactly the same: you had very low to zero sympathy for the thousands who couldn't find tickets. I feel the same.

8 minutes ago, afurry91 said:

Can they please not wait till like 30 minutes before the sale time to send out the presale code this time?

Voyageurs didn't send out a code last time. A link was posted on the member's site.

But if a code had been sent out (like Canada Red)...the earlier that happens the more it gets shared and that isn't gonna help.

3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

We have a game against Honduras and it is much more important than who goes to this game in what condition. The result is far more important. You have enjoyed a football match on tv or streamed before, you get to do it again.

A result against the US is all that matters to me. The rest is just stupid in the end. If having fans and an atmosphere can help that, then great. But if the CSA had cared about that they would not have scheduled in a stadium so poorly designed for game-day atmosphere.

In the end I don't care who goes, or if you go, it matters not a bit to me. The only possibly relevant post in days on this thread was related to McKennie being able to make it or not. The rest is immature fluff.

And don't start going off on me because those who had tickets until now felt exactly the same: you had very low to zero sympathy for the thousands who couldn't find tickets. I feel the same.

I generally agree with all this.

However the moving pieces and the poor decisions are still enough of a distraction to piss me off

1 minute ago, anderi01 said:

Might we see a one time code release to each email that bought a ticket in order to prevent leaks?

Administratively, that is a lot of work for the V's to do.

Also, if priority is given only to those who managed to purchase tickets in the prior sale, how do you control that only they get access? The V's email list is not the TicketMaster list.

Then you get into the problem of those who couldn't find tickets in the V's section so bought elsewhere in the stadium instead... do they get the V's code or do they go with a CSA pre-sale code?   

3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

There’s a difference between being happy you got your tickets, while feeling bad for people who didn’t.  I know I sure did.  

Your understanding for people who booked hotels, spent money on plane/train tickets, whatever else because they had tickets and now might not is truly moving..

5 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Coming from the guy who was just at the Bilbao v Barca game all the way in Spain, and was never ever planning on coming to any WCQ....it's very easy for you to say...😏

I am genuinely curious as to what this alternate plan would be for dealing with the 50% reduction. 

How would you do it?

The 50% capacity was imposed by the City of Hamilton.  The city wanted 0.  CSA spent weeks negotiating it UP to 50.  The province is not the evil one here.  Were it only the province, it is likely this game would be 100%.

Just now, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Administratively, that is a lot of work for the V's to do.

Also, if priority is given only to those who managed to purchase tickets in the prior sale, how do you control that only they get access? The V's email list is not the TicketMaster list.

Then you get into the problem of those who couldn't find tickets in the V's section so bought elsewhere in the stadium instead... do they get the V's code or do they go with a CSA pre-sale code?   

I was thinking of something more like ticketmaster sending all ticket holders a one time code to the presale or a direct link granting access or something like that. Don't know how you differentiate CSA from V's presale at that point but it's a half baked idea.

3 minutes ago, admin said:

I am genuinely curious as to what this alternate plan would be for dealing with the 50% reduction. 

How would you do it?

The 50% capacity was imposed by the City of Hamilton.  The city wanted 0.  CSA spent weeks negotiating it UP to 50.  The province is not the evil one here.  Were it only the province, it is likely this game would be 100%.

protest at City Hall? 😂