Jan 30: Canada vs US

JAJ14

1 hour ago, Kent said:

And it isn't known how many tickets we can buy through ticketmaster (not supporter section) is it? I've got 4 guys and I would like to invite a couple others, but not sure if I'll be able to buy enough tickets without coordinating a second buyer.

I have like 20+ people that wanna come but it will be really difficult if there is a cap on how many tickets a member can purchase at once

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I’m sure they are aware of this prospect but we will give them a friendly heads up.  

Canadians bought tickets all over the stadium in Nashville and not just in the Vs section. BMO was a sea of El Salvadorian Blue and not just in their section. It happens. 

3 hours ago, Cblake said:

Canadians bought tickets all over the stadium in Nashville and not just in the Vs section. BMO was a sea of El Salvadorian Blue and not just in their section. It happens. 

Hamiltion being an hour away from the border doesn't help either, and unlike the last time the Americans visited this game actually means something bigger. 

We have to expect a HUGE contigent unfortunately, what could Canada Soccer feasibly do to limit them?

For one, don’t presale tickets to anyone on the Canada red list that was added since the Edmonton match. Presale to Voyageurs, the Canada red list (pre Edmonton match), anyone who attended the Panama match (assuming that could be tracked), forge season ticket holders and tfc and York season ticket holders. If you did that, you would sell out in pre-sale and the US would be shut out mostly. 

4 hours ago, Cblake said:

There were only a handful of Canadians in Nashville; there will not be a handful of Americans in Hamilton.  The US are the enemy on Jan 30th - there will be  preventative measures taken.  Let’s hope they work to some degree.

On 12/5/2021 at 9:53 PM, ADP10 said:

I have like 20+ people that wanna come but it will be really difficult if there is a cap on how many tickets a member can purchase at once

In Edmonton the cap was 9 tickets from TM but being since that was in a larger stadium I can foresee cap being lower in Hamilton. Not sure if/what the limit was in Toronto prior but 6-7 sounds reasonable. We had a large group of 30+ attend both games in Edmonton and had to go the group sales route thru Canada Soccer. It took almost 4-5 days to get a response after submitting group request so there were some nervous moments  in the process, as tickets were scooped up on TM. Hope Canada Soccer finds a way to expedite things going forward but given half the capacity, one would anticipate less time in processing those group sales.

8 minutes ago, TOCanada115 said:

I got 30-40 people wanting tickets. Looks like we may be organizing a bus. Just waiting on the max amount of tickets we can buy. 

I guess it depends if the supporters section ends up being 6000 seats. I think we’ll be able to fill that easily

The math is very telling on this game.  Stadium holds 23-24,000.  Tickets are held back for corporates and officials, some group sales, Forge season ticket holders, Canada Red, away section, players’ families, Voyageurs, etc.  Depending on the numbers and how it breaks down, how many of that is left for general sale?  And then there will be the price for these tickets (both face value and secondary market)…this will be like a rock concert.  Will be difficult to see a max buy of 20.

12 hours ago, mrstepp817 said:

What percentage is the allotted amount that has to be made available to the visitors? Anyone know??

The secondary market is always the where things get dicey when it comes to trying to limit the away supporters

In 2019 at BMO Field for the Nations League match vs. the US, all of section 104 was designated as the away section and sales were only through specific avenues like AO, US Soccer Supporter Club etc for a period of time before the all available seats remaining were put up for general sale with no reals plans for separation. At the time of the section being made available through TM , AO had only sold 66 tickets. Plus lots of things could change with the border, travel restrictions etc. between now and Jan. 30th.