Canada Soccer Logo. Time for a new one?

Shway

Canada Soccer Logo. Time for a new one?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see a new logo?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t care

This is one of those threads that when I saw it I was like uggggh, again? and then I opened it up and you actually got me thinking. So I’ll soak in being wrong. 😀

The Mexico rebrand is beautiful. If we could find someone to expand on what we have, With something that feels like more of a shield, it would be great. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we play the World Cup in this – assuming we make it - and then capitalize on a rebrand for when we host. 

I keep seeing this debate in various contexts (which I guess is an indication that not everyone is satisfied) but I like our logo as is.  It is unique/distinctive, it isn’t some cookie cutter gotta-be-a-shield-for-some-reason design, and it instantly communicates the two concepts it is supposed to (“Canada” and “soccer”).

I see no reason whatsoever to change it - unlike the US logo which was pure cheese prior to their rebrand.  

Those Costa Rica, Mexico and USA logos are trash. They look as if a video game couldn't get the official logo rights so they came up with generic shields. The USA and Costa Rica logos in particular look like they could be for any sport.

Our logo is great. I wouldn't be opposed to us going vintage for a kit or two though with the 1986 logo.

The leaf/ball logo has been around since 1974 - that's pretty damn cool.  I have yet to see a mock logo that even comes close.

7 minutes ago, Metro said:

I still miss the 70s "disco" font. 😄

I would welcome a return to the 70s font. Only a matter of time before it's back en vouge. 

Aside from that, leave the logo alone. It's perfect just the way it is. Tweaks are fine, but I would hate to see them get away from the "maple leaf on top, soccer ball on bottom" concept. It's unique and it works. 

Agreed the USA logo is terrible. The previous one isn't spectacular, but it's miles ahead of what they have now. 

I see a lot of love for the new Mexico logo, but I am not sure I love it. The eagle reminds me of a winged dinosaur, I don't know why. It's very prehistoric looking, I suppose that's it. I will probably grow into it and not miss their former logo, with time.

I like the CR redesign. Never did like that weird circular vortex thing with a player inside....

I like it as is. I used to feel it was childish/amateurish, but I've grown to like the uniqueness. Of course, everything is subjective. I prefer the old Mexico logo and the new USA logo, but I've seen posts in here with the opposite.

I like the differentness of it, I feel if they were to change it they would end up copying the Hockey Canada logo but with a soccer player, and I don't think that would look good. I don't like the one in the post above mine because in my mind it looks like the Canada Basketball logo for some reason even though it's quite a bit different

lllllll.png

Edited by rydermike

Conceptually I think the current logo is really strong.

If I were to change something I think it might be to remove the Canada lettering entirely and just have the soccer ball/maple leaf. The maple leaf is so strongly associated with Canada that there’s no ambiguity. You see the Welsh dragon and you think Wales. You see the maple leaf and you think Canada.

Removing the font also makes the badge more timeless. Fonts get dated rather quickly.

4 hours ago, rydermike said:

I like it as is. I used to feel it was childish/amateurish, but I've grown to like the uniqueness. Of course, everything is subjective. I prefer the old Mexico logo and the new USA logo, but I've seen posts in here with the opposite.

I like the differentness of it, I feel if they were to change it they would end up copying the Hockey Canada logo but with a soccer player, and I don't think that would look good. I don't like the one in the post above mine because in my mind it looks like the Canada Basketball logo for some reason even though it's quite a bit different

lllllll.png

EGAD !   Both sports needs to re-do their logos...ours is such a unique one, there is no need to change it.  If we are to need to change something, then it would the jerseys.  I still do not get why we need to have black jerseys when red and white are more than sufficient.  Instead of all-red or all-white jerseys, mix both colors in one.

I used to think yes, but now I don't think so. It mostly only looks bad when it's not displayed properly. Like when it's displayed without the white outline it looks bad, but that's not the fault of the crest itself, but the fault of the people handling it. When it has the nice white outline and is displayed on a black background, it's very nice.