Camp Poutine 2022: Canada vs. Guatemala Friendly in Miami - Jan 22 ahead of the next World Cup Qualifying window.

Cblake

• Cblake changed the title to Report: Canada vs. Guatemala - Jan 22, 2002 in Miami.
  • Cblake changed the title to Report: Canada vs. Guatemala Friendly in Miami - Jan 22, 2002 ahead of the next World Cup Qualifying window.
4 minutes ago, narduch said:

This would also guarantee we will have a larger squad announced for this window as a handful of players (David, Davies, Eustaquio, etc) will have league games on the 22nd or 23rd.

The friendly will be essentially North American based, a chance to call in some MLS types they want to take a look out, maybe someone like a Raheem Edwards. 

This is a just a bunch of MLS names including all the North American based players from the last qualifying window. Not sure about the Euro based guys who would be on a winter break, anyone here can confirm those potentials. 

Goalkeeper (3)

Maxime Crépeau*

James Pantemis*

Dayne St. Clair*

Defender (6)

Zachary Brault-Guillard*

Kamal Miller*

Alistair Johnston*

Richie Laryea*

Marcus Godhino

Ashtone Morgan

Midfielder (10)

Marcos Busto

Jay Chapman

Jayden Nelson

Raheem Edwards

Noble Okello

Samuel Piette*

Jonathan Osorio*

Mark-Anthony Kaye*

Liam Fraser*

Jacob Shaffelburg*

Forward (4)

Lucas Cavallini*

Tesho Akindele*

Tyler Pasher

Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

• Cblake changed the title to Camp Poutine 2022: Canada vs. Guatemala Friendly in Miami - Jan 22, 2002 ahead of the next World Cup Qualifying window.
8 minutes ago, Cblake said:

The friendly will be essentially North American based, a chance to call in some MLS types they want to take a look out, maybe someone like a Raheem Edwards. 

This is a just a bunch of MLS names including all the North American based players from the last qualifying window. Not sure about the Euro based guys who would be on a winter break, anyone here can confirm those potentials. 

Goalkeeper (3)

Maxime Crépeau*

James Pantemis*

Dayne St. Clair*

Defender (6)

Zachary Brault-Guillard*

Kamal Miller*

Alistair Johnston*

Richie Laryea*

Marcus Godhino

Ashtone Morgan

Midfielder (10)

Marcos Busto

Jay Chapman

Jayden Nelson

Raheem Edwards

Noble Okello

Samuel Piette*

Jonathan Osorio*

Mark-Anthony Kaye*

Liam Fraser*

Jacob Shaffelburg*

Forward (4)

Lucas Cavallini*

Tesho Akindele*

Tyler Pasher

Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

Stefan Mitrovic would be available, Serbian league is on break during that time. 

3 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Of the duals, let's say we only call them for camp poutine +/- the friendly, would their clubs be required to release them? If so which of Jebbison, Mitrovic, Flores, Dias, or Ferdi would actually be able to attend? Wouldn't they all be in season?

Flores would have been released last season and Dias was available for Olympic Qualifiers. I.e. as long as they're not first-team players they should be able to come.

19 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Goalkeeper (3)

Maxime Crépeau*

James Pantemis*

Dayne St. Clair*

Defender (6)

Zachary Brault-Guillard*

Kamal Miller*

Alistair Johnston*

Richie Laryea*

Marcus Godhino

Ashtone Morgan

Midfielder (10)

Marcos Busto

Jay Chapman

Jayden Nelson

Raheem Edwards

Noble Okello

Samuel Piette*

Jonathan Osorio*

Mark-Anthony Kaye*

Liam Fraser*

Jacob Shaffelburg*

Forward (4)

Lucas Cavallini*

Tesho Akindele*

Tyler Pasher

Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

You forgot Cristián Gutiérrez, Russell Teibert, Mathieu Choiniere. For the non-NA based breaks, pretty sure the Serbian League will be on break so Borjan + Mitrovic will be avaible, as well as Henry.

Edited by Xavier.

15 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Goalkeeper (3)

Maxime Crépeau*

James Pantemis*

Dayne St. Clair*

Defender (6)

Zachary Brault-Guillard*

Kamal Miller*

Alistair Johnston*

Richie Laryea*

Marcus Godhino

Ashtone Morgan

Midfielder (10)

Marcos Busto

Jay Chapman

Jayden Nelson

Raheem Edwards

Noble Okello

Samuel Piette*

Jonathan Osorio*

Mark-Anthony Kaye*

Liam Fraser*

Jacob Shaffelburg*

Forward (4)

Lucas Cavallini*

Tesho Akindele*

Tyler Pasher

Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

This is such a great news!!!

I would bring Mathieu Choiniere and instead of guys like Morgan and Chapman, let's take a look at some young CPL guys, if there's one time in the year to do so, it's at camp poutine.

• Cblake changed the title to Camp Poutine 2022: Canada vs. Guatemala Friendly in Miami - Jan 22 ahead of the next World Cup Qualifying window.
38 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Goalkeeper (3)

Maxime Crépeau*

James Pantemis*

Dayne St. Clair*

Defender (6)

Zachary Brault-Guillard*

Kamal Miller*

Alistair Johnston*

Richie Laryea*

Marcus Godhino

Ashtone Morgan

Midfielder (10)

Marcos Busto

Jay Chapman

Jayden Nelson

Raheem Edwards

Noble Okello

Samuel Piette*

Jonathan Osorio*

Mark-Anthony Kaye*

Liam Fraser*

Jacob Shaffelburg*

Forward (4)

Lucas Cavallini*

Tesho Akindele*

Tyler Pasher

Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

There will be lots of Europe based players off too.

For instance Borjan. Serbian league is off until February 12

50 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Of the duals, let's say we only call them for camp poutine +/- the friendly, would their clubs be required to release them? If so which of Jebbison, Mitrovic, Flores, Dias, or Ferdi would actually be able to attend? Wouldn't they all be in season?

I have no idea, but we would be crazy if we didn’t at least invite them and see what they think.  I guess it wouldn’t be quite the same as having them rub shoulders with our very best players but there might be enough overlap that they could cross paths.  

I assume this pretty much confirms the idea that we will hold out pre-window camp in Florida prior to travelling to Honduras (if this wasn’t already confirmed).  

2 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

How big is camp poutine usually? Would it be out of question to invite CanPL players like Farsi, Abzi, Bustos, Borges, etc….? 

Camps tend to be fairly large, but this comes ahead of world cup qualifiers, so it may have a different feel from past camp poutines. 

Doubt we'll be seeing players like Bair, Okello and Nelsen, guys who were called for past camp poutines but haven't had a sniff since.

I expect core players (Osorio, Kaye, Laryea, etc.), players on the fringes of the core (Schaffleburg, Fraser, Brault-Guillard, etc.) or players we are recruiting (Flores, Jebbison, Dias, Mitrovic, etc.).

In other words, if you're not in contention to fly to Honduras, you're probably not in this camp (unless we are recruiting you). 

7 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Camps tend to be fairly large, but this comes ahead of world cup qualifiers, so it may have a different feel from past camp poutines. 

Doubt we'll be seeing players like Bair, Okello and Nelsen, guys who were called for past camp poutines but haven't had a sniff since.

I expect core players (Osorio, Kaye, Laryea, etc.), players on the fringes of the core (Schaffleburg, Fraser, Brault-Guillard, etc.) or players we are recruiting (Flores, Jebbison, Dias, Mitrovic, etc.).

In other words, if you're not in contention to fly to Honduras, you're probably not in this camp (unless we are recruiting you). 

I don't understand this.  The majority of players that would be going to Honduras will be playing with their club teams the weekend of this game.  I think you would have to have a number of players that aren't expected to go to Honduras in order to make up a team to play Guatemala.  And I think Nelsen and Okello are the exact type of players that would get the call.  I hope to see some CPL players there.

Agreed @Obinna

Let's look at the guys who are active in Europe and are our main guys.

Davies, David, Larin, Hutchinson, Vitoria, Kennedy, Buchanan, Henry, Borjan, Ugbo, Eustaqiuo, Wotherspoon, Hoilett, Adekugbe, Corneilius, Millar = 16 guys who I foresee won't be at this camp, but will meet in Honduras.

I don't see a wide list of NA players (as @Cblake mentioned) in this camp considering they will be out of season, and this camp has a different importance - seeing who's ready to fill in where needed.

So I suspect we'll see the main regulars in Osorio, Kaye, Crepeau, Johnston, Laryea, Miller, Cavallini, Piette, (that's 8 guys) and add some of the fringe guys, and MLS guys in Fraser, Shaffelburg, ZBG, Pantemis, Breza, St. Clair, Waterman, Pasher (8 guys)

I think this team will have an equal European feel to it with guys like Corbeanu, Enin, Paton, Amanda, Halbouni, Sturing and Brym. Throw in the potential return of Captain Canada and that brings the number even higher while not mentioning the possible dual appearances from Dias, Mitrovic, Flores, or DJ. 

...if we're calling in guys like JMR, Nelson, or Morgan...i'll have to question the significance considering the minutes they played this year.

Edited by Shway