Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

I see a few B players are not with the first team. They had a weak start to the season and signed a few pieces. So I suppose the Bs will play B and get brought in when needed. Too bad, but it's to be expected. 

They beat Athletic Club away on a late Braithwaite goal, so that'll justify the new call-ups to his detriment. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

3 minutes ago, pod818 said:

I'll have to listen to the pod again, but Galindo seemed to say we can't speculate what he has..and a high ankle sprain could take weeks (thus ruling him out for the September camp), but the discussion seemed speculative in nature

I listened to the pod a few minutes ago and can confirm that Galindo was speculating on where the sprain is on the ankle, the location will determine the length of time Luca will miss.

3 hours ago, pod818 said:

I'll have to listen to the pod again, but Galindo seemed to say we can't speculate what he has..and a high ankle sprain could take weeks (thus ruling him out for the September camp), but the discussion seemed speculative in nature

On the upside he has already been  out weeks so maybe he is closer to recovery!

3 minutes ago, frmr said:

I would be very interested to learn why Koleosho has leaned towards Canada, having been born and raised in the States.

The cynical, and IMO accurate way to read this is that our team is easier to make than theirs, and it came down to one of his eligible nations wants to call him up to the senior team, and the other one didn't. Him playing in these friendlies doesn't preclude him for playing for the US. Now, hopefully we get a reverse Mitrovic situation where his home country didn't start paying attention to him until it was too late, and by the time that he's ready to make their team, we've got him so wrapped up in our orbit that it's a done deal.

IIRC, he would have to file a one-time switch to play for the US now, correct? Assuming he features in one of the friendlies.

2 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

The cynical, and IMO accurate way to read this is that our team is easier to make than theirs....

That's one possibility. Another would be the American scouts aren't as good as the Canadian ones but that would be a little too optimistic.

5 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

The cynical, and IMO accurate way to read this is that our team is easier to make than theirs, and it came down to one of his eligible nations wants to call him up to the senior team, and the other one didn't. Him playing in these friendlies doesn't preclude him for playing for the US. Now, hopefully we get a reverse Mitrovic situation where his home country didn't start paying attention to him until it was too late, and by the time that he's ready to make their team, we've got him so wrapped up in our orbit that it's a done deal.

IIRC, he would have to file a one-time switch to play for the US now, correct? Assuming he features in one of the friendlies.

These matches also don't cap tie him

6 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I've heard conflicting stories about whether senior friendlies provisionally cap-tie people.