Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

Looking at it from a different angle, I think there's a better chance of him considering Canada under Marsch playing with wingers as opposed to Herdman's WB system.  He wouldn't really fit into the WB formation.

I mean as a winger he must've been thinking that when he joined the camp under Herdman.

Edited by costarg

14 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Me and you both haha but I don't think it'll happen tbh

You nailed Sigur, where I was convinced it was a lost cause. But I do hope your wrong this time.

USA have two wingers Weah and Paredes injured, be interesting to see if they reach out. It sure looks like he just wants Italy

34 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

As long as he's healthy, and if he loans to EPL as some say he will, he's likely to stay with his most recent country, Italy. I'm sure he gets enough support for it from his Italian family. 

Our only chance is him falling off the Italy radar and start fishing for other international options. 

Italian football is another one of those nations who believe in keeping things pure. Majority of the times their teams are made up of predominantly Serie A players, as it seems like it's a philosophy to favour the domestic based players. 
They've won that way, so they believe they can win again with the same formula - and hey I don't knock it. 

So I'll be overly surprised to see an Italian team with names like Udogie, Keane, Foloronsho, Gnotto, and Koleosho - all guys who should be in their squad except for maybe 1.

I ultimately think he plays for the USA in the end as their wide depth is very limited, and the Poch pull.

7 minutes ago, Shway said:

Italian football is another one of those nations who believe in keeping things pure. Majority of the times their teams are made up of predominantly Serie A players, as it seems like it's a philosophy to favour the domestic based players. 
They've won that way, so they believe they can win again with the same formula - and hey I don't knock it. 

So I'll be overly surprised to see an Italian team with names like Udogie, Keane, Foloronsho, Gnotto, and Koleosho - all guys who should be in their squad except for maybe 1.

I ultimately think he plays for the USA in the end as their wide depth is very limited, and the Poch pull.

The logic in your post doesn't add up considering these two play in Serie A. 

9 hours ago, Macksam said:

The logic in your post doesn't add up considering these two play in Serie A. 

The main point went over your head, which is fine. The part you bolded was in reference to Koleosho. They will value a Serie A player over a Championship player.

I made reference to the Italians liking things pure when it comes to their national team...reason why I said I'll be surprised to see all four of those guys in the team at the same time.

@sebdeserio here you go: https://www.offtheball.com/soccer/arrigo-sacchi-says-there-are-too-many-black-players-in-italy-297606

Edited by Shway

28 minutes ago, Shway said:

The main point went over your head, which is fine. The part you bolded was in reference to Koleosho. They will value a Serie A player over a Championship player.

I made reference to the Italians liking things pure when it comes to their national team...reason why I said I'll be surprised to see all four of those guys in the team at the same time.

@sebdeserio here you go: https://www.offtheball.com/soccer/arrigo-sacchi-says-there-are-too-many-black-players-in-italy-297606

So because a near octogenarian who managed the team almost 30 years ago says so it means all italians and the Federation itself thinks the same way?

1 hour ago, Shway said:

No, it did not go over my head as I saw the pure comment and knew exactly what you were going for, but I am just a stickler for structure and flow with regards to narrative and arguments. You talk about how Italy wants to keep things pure and the very next sentence is about how their national team is comprised of mainly domestic based players, which strongly gave the appearance you were inferring that purity had to do with where the players were plying their trade. You then circle back in a different paragraph and make a conclusion to the initial sentence of your post. If you made the purity comment and then immediately followed it up with the sentence about how you would be surprised to see Italy field a team with all the black players you mentioned, your argument would have been more structurally sound. You then could have narrowed in on Koleosho before making your second point about domestic players vs non-domestic and how that effects him in particular.

Why did you structure it this way? Maybe you were in a rush, maybe you were unsure how others would react to what some would consider a controversial take so you obfuscated your whole post by bringing up racial purity first but then talking about something completely different right after. Anyhow, I just want to say that you should be free to speak your mind bro, your among friends here. Have that controversial take, but do it with conviction and purpose.

With all that in mind, I neither agree or disagree with your take about the Italian NT and how they make their selections. 

2 hours ago, Shway said:

@MacksamAll that to say you got the point. Great thanks! Worrying about structure, this isn't an English literacy forum lol.

I will say I am someone who's not reluctant to admit when I'm wrong, so I'll return to this in a few weeks if I am. 

clint eastwood legend GIF

17 hours ago, Shway said:

I think you're mistaken. Italy have been recruiting multiple nationals for a while now, even before not qualifying for Qatar, but that accelerated it.

At least you're consistent with your awkwardness with the other, cultural myopia, eagerness to slight and generally parochial postings. I blocked you for months, just unblocked and see that was my mistake. My bad. 

19 hours ago, Shway said:

They won Euro 2020 with some of their most important players not playing in Serie A and/or not being born in Italy. 

Emerson, Veratti and Jorginho started the final.  There were a couple similar on the bench. 

P.S.  The player's name remains Gnonto. 

And has Roy or Robbie found an Italian grandmother and a fountain of youth?

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

55 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

They won Euro 2020 with some of their most important players not playing in Serie A and/or not being born in Italy. 

Emerson, Veratti and Jorginho started the final.  There were a couple similar on the bench. 

P.S.  The player's name remains Gnonto. 

And has Roy or Robbie found an Italian grandmother and a fountain of youth?

3 of 26. 

20 hours ago, Shway said:

Majority of the times their teams are made up of predominantly Serie A players

Made no mention of starting XI. But go ahead, run. 

3 minutes ago, Shway said:

3 of 26. 

Made no mention of starting XI. But go ahead, run. 

There were 2 others that didn't start the final that fit in one of those two categories.

So 5 of 26.

Not unusual for a bigger nation to draw mostly from their primary league.

But not sure on any "purity" argument. 

Angelo Ogbonna was playing for West Ham and his parents are Nigerian.  He played in Euro 2016 and Eder, one of a number over the years that were born in Brazil, was in that squad as well.

If they are actually looking to be "pure," they mess up pretty regularly.

19 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think you're mistaken. Italy have been recruiting multiple nationals for a while now, even before not qualifying for Qatar, but that accelerated it.

At least you're consistent with your awkwardness with the other, cultural myopia, eagerness to slight and generally parochial postings. I blocked you for months, just unblocked and see that was my mistake. My bad. 

Ohhh, look at all these lovely words, this is what I like to call the Oxford Flex. You really put your big boy pants on for this one UT. I am impressed. 

On 8/23/2024 at 6:20 AM, sebdeserio said:

So because a near octogenarian who managed the team almost 30 years ago says so it means all italians and the Federation itself thinks the same way?

Shway can't post without insulting some nationality, coming up with a dumb caricature or manifesting backwater cultural fear.