Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

7 hours ago, Footyeh said:

As much as I'd selfishly like to see him in a Canada kit, it's not going to happen imo.  We're better prioritizing Corbeanu and Nelson and getting them bled in ahead of 2026.  

I also think there's a big chance he moves from Burnley by the end of the window fwiw.  There's interest within the EPL as well as other teams in Top 4 leagues. 

I hope you’re wrong, hoping things change but I think the question he needs to ask is something like this:

What do I feel ? 
how much will I play ?

bot sure who they have that can rival them but in 4-5 years in know they’ll have Sullivan and that kid from LAG who’s rumoured to be his equal…

so does he do what Morris did and accept that he feels American and will get in the b teams and be a backup ?

He would be a huge piece for us, but for them he may not be.

There is no club career discount playing for Canada anymore. After this Copa performance, the CMNT ain't flying under the radar.  We have garnered a lot of respect over the past 6 games to go with WCQ/WC22. We shouldn't be a 2nd or 3rd choice and WC26 just 2 yrs away. Duals sitting on the fence risk getting left behind. Hello Jebbo 👋 

• 1 month later...

Would really like to see Marsch & Blue go full court press on getting Koleosho. Seems like the door may be open a crack? We’re momentarily ahead of the US and I’m not sure how close he is to the Italy senior team.

He would really take our attack to another level. Koleosho and Jebbison are our 1A and 1B dual-nat priorities, IMO.

Edited by FC_Hali

15 hours ago, narduch said:

He could still play U21 with Italy.

They have games in the September window

I believe he could actually play with them in the 2027 u21 Euros.

The cut off for the 2025 tournament is born after 1 Jan 2002 and he is a 2004.

Probably makes a decision before then though.  Gnonto still got some senior Italy calls when he was in the Championship, for instance.  

6 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I believe he could actually play with them in the 2027 u21 Euros.

The cut off for the 2025 tournament is born after 1 Jan 2002 and he is a 2004.

Probably makes a decision before then though.  Gnonto still got some senior Italy calls when he was in the Championship, for instance.  

Gnonto is 1 year older with over 150 senior team apperances to Koleosho's 21 senior team apperances. I know staying healthy would have helped, but the reality is Luca is pretty short on experience at an age where he isn't really that young anymore. He's only two years younger than Kone!

On 8/13/2024 at 6:51 AM, narduch said:

It's not the be all and end all.

But he was the lowest rated starter on Fotmob 

Is that his first full start after his injury 8 months ago? If so, give him a bit of time. 

In any case, at Burnley he will likely be less part of the Italian picture, I would say, and I'd suspect they might not call him into camps that quickly, considering he needs to get back into game shape. 

Luca Koleosho 🇨🇦 vs Cardiff City 🇬🇧

84 Minutes

1 Goal

️‍🔥 1 Shot

🦶 42 Touches (1 Touch in Opposition Box)

🎯 19/23 Passes (83%)

⬆️ 0/1 Cross

2 Ball Loss
️‍🔥 0/4 Dribble

🦵 2/2 Tackles (100%)

🥊 2/15 Ground Duels (13%)

️ 4 Recoveries

🚫 4 Faults

image.png.47028408be0b49cec500c5d77c8180df.png

6 minutes ago, Shway said:

Playing in the championship he'll be off Italy's radar, no matter if he's scoring goals.
He's behind Gnotto, and he hasn't been in the Italy squad this year. 

Who's Gnotto?😉

Gnonto was getting called while he was in the Championship then had an injury and then blew pretty hot and cold for the rest of the season.  90' games were few and far between in the second half from my memory. 

2 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Would imagine he’s being heavily recruited by all nations involved.

If we can get him it would be massive, with Jebbsion and Sigur becoming a part of the program for the time being, the future of the NT will look very very good.

Slow down, let's see what happens in September. I have a tough time believing either will be on the roster. Hope to be surprised

35 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Slow down, let's see what happens in September. I have a tough time believing either will be on the roster. Hope to be surprised

I did say time being and it’s been reported that Marsch was successful with Sigur, also Jebbison following the Can FA should hint at what’s coming.

2 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Hearing Koleosho is likely going to move back to the top flight by the end of the window

You didn't say which top flight, so I am just going to assume you meant the French top flight, considering how that's en vogue.

I can see it now....

Koleosho moves to Marseille, bringing their Canadian total to 3

...but then in a plot twist, he discovers he has a 5th nationality....French!

20 hours ago, Obinna said:

You didn't say which top flight, so I am just going to assume you meant the French top flight, considering how that's en vogue.

I can see it now....

Koleosho moves to Marseille, bringing their Canadian total to 3

...but then in a plot twist, he discovers he has a 5th nationality....French!

Haha.

He'll be moving back to the Prem is what I'm told, few suitors

Edited by Footyeh