Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

1 hour ago, Sechat23 said:

Things to think about Luca Koleosho from what I understand he has not decided on what nation he wanted to play for. Yes, his friends with Alphonso Davies but his also friends with Adrian Gill and Diego Kochen. Canada does not have a U20 and Olympics tournament, but the USA does.

Edit: Delete - misunderstood post 

Edited by Atlantic

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 1:16 PM, Sechat23 said:

Things to think about Luca Koleosho from what I understand he has not decided on what nation he wanted to play for.

Good to know. Fair enough.

6 minutes ago, Sechat23 said:

I’m...

@Sechat23 , you can use the multiquote function to quote someone in one thread and move the discussion to another.

There is no point in bumping the Arfield thread if we are talking about Koleosho. 

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Good to know. Fair enough.

@Sechat23 , you can use the multiquote function to quote someone in one thread and move the discussion to another.

There is no point in bumping the Arfield thread if we are talking about Koleosho. 

You know he has uniquely and exclusively posted on the Scott Arfield thread? 

6 minutes ago, narduch said:

Pretty obvious we are being trolled by that guy

My question was for @Unnamed Trialist because @Sechat23 had posted in this thread too, literally on this very page of it.

I wasn't sure if @Unnamed Trialist simply didn't scroll up or if he was making a sarcastic comment or not very funny joke.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

38 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

My question was for @Unnamed Trialist because @Sechat23 had posted in this thread too, literally on this very page of it.

I wasn't sure if @Unnamed Trialist simply didn't scroll up or if he was making a sarcastic comment or not very funny joke.

His ten total posts since joining 2 weeks ago are 9 in the Airfield thread and one here. 

Anyways, if he has inside information on Luca, great. But he's an Airfield thread guy at heart ❤️.

59 minutes ago, VinceA said:

At this point I think there's a good chance he doesn't play for us. Its nice he was in camps and such but Herdman not giving him any gametime is pretty telling.

Hope I eat my words though!

He couldn't get minutes in any friendly last summer because we cancelled them. 

Then we played Curaçao, but I think he was not ready to commit then.

This past September vs. Qatar and Uruguay, they were right not to have him play, he was injured then and seems to still be injured (ankle).

So I think this is crucial, he knows it was not reasonable to play him since that first camp in Vancouver, because he has been injured most of the fall and until now. He played a few matches, then rested almost immediately, they rushed him back. When a player has been out injured, they don't tend to blame anyone for not playing them.

• 2 weeks later...

He played the second half last Sunday for Espanyol B, first minutes in a long time. Team was already losing to Terrassa by 2 goals, they tied at 3-3 but eventually lost 3-4.

Not sure how he did, no mention of him in the report.

The B has a lot of injuries and players called into the first team, who are in relegation zone and also missing players. If he can stay healthy a few matches he'll probably get more first team callups.

https://www.lagradaonline.com/dani-jarque/espanyol-b/espanyol-b-terrassa-fc-dani-jarque-segunda-rfef-2022-23

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Put me on the "benefit of a doubt" list as well. He's 18 and has already attended 2 senior camps, so things are clearly headed in the right direction. I do have patience, but I would like to see him officially locked down in 2023. If there's still a question mark heading into 2024, I will be disappointed. 

4 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Here's an interesting question: who has more value to Canada: JMR or Koleosho? My comparison of the two players is specifically related to the fact that they're both shrodinger's prospect: we don't know anything about either except hype, so they're both simultaneously generational and already busts.

Can we add Smith to this list?

2 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Here's an interesting question: who has more value to Canada: JMR or Koleosho? My comparison of the two players is specifically related to the fact that they're both shrodinger's prospect: we don't know anything about either except hype, so they're both simultaneously generational and already busts.

That's a tough one.

Same age and both are midfielders. Rutty has more pro experience so far, Koleosho is playing at a higher level (when he makes the 1st team Espanyol roster).

The theme in my Rutty-related posts is that dude is a central player, not a wide player, and I will bang that drum again here. Since we are lacking depth in the middle of the midfield, and since I think Rutty can and should play there, I am going to say Rutty.

However, if he's going to keep developing as a wide player, I am going to say Koleosho, who is a true wide player. We have a plethora of wide talent already; we need inside players. Rutty has more (potential) value to me if he can develop as a CM, I guess. 

2 minutes ago, narduch said:

Can we add Smith to this list?

Not until he does more at the club level. I am growing tired of his inability to get first team minutes. He doesn't have any for Nice or QRM, and he's a year older than Rutty and Koleosho, who are A-level prospects. With each passing day I am thinking Smith is a B-level prospect. I hope he proves me wrong, of course.  

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

That's a tough one.

Same age and both are midfielders. Rutty has more pro experience so far, Koleosho is playing at a higher level (when he makes the 1st team Espanyol roster).

The theme in my Rutty-related posts is that dude is a central player, not a wide player, and I will bang that drum again here. Since we are lacking depth in the middle of the midfield, and since I think Rutty can and should play there, I am going to say Rutty.

However, if he's going to keep developing as a wide player, I am going to say Koleosho, who is a true wide player. We have a plethora of wide talent already; we need inside players. Rutty has more (potential) value to me if he can develop as a CM, I guess. 

I would probably go JMR for the professional experience too.

I think a better way to ask that question would be- who would we rather reach their "potential"- Koleosho or JMR? This is assuming that Koleosho commits to Canada before ~his 21st birthday.

2 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I would probably go JMR for the professional experience too.

I think a better way to ask that question would be- who would we rather reach their "potential"- Koleosho or JMR? This is assuming that Koleosho commits to Canada before ~his 21st birthday.

I would still go Rutty for the reasons I gave. I am very much excited about Koleosho, but it's another wide player. We already have Davies, Buchanan, Miller, and Corbeanu. After Eustaquio and Kone the midfield future looks concerning. Nelson should offer depth in both positions, but another few players coming down the midfield pipe would be welcomed.  

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

Not until he does more at the club level. I am growing tired of his inability to get first team minutes. He doesn't have any for Nice or QRM, and he's a year older than Rutty and Koleosho, who are A-level prospects. With each passing day I am thinking Smith is a B-level prospect. I hope he proves me wrong, of course. 

Different player and situation for sure, but Smith's trajectory is starting to mirror Sam Piette's. Piette went to Dusseldorf at 17, playing in Spanish 5th tier by 21, moved around the lower leagues for a bit, and was at IMFC by 22. Justin Smith is a few years ahead of him, but Piette went Metz > Dusseldorf > A Coruna B > Spanish 4th div > Montreal. Smith went PSG > Nice > Nice II > Quveilly > Quevilly 2 (5th tier) > ???