Discussion surrounding supporters section in Hamilton

Admin

Discussion surrounding supporters section in Hamilton  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Based on an estimated (not official at all) $50 price point. How many people will you bring to the most important game that will ever be played in in southern Ontario.

• 20+
    • 10+
    • 5+
    • 2+
    • I will only by a single

33 minutes ago, gator said:

What a bullshit move! There are some B&B's in Hamilton that may be worth checking out, I know a Forge supporter who owns one but do not have his contact at this time!

It's not like hotels are manually priced... they pricing algorithm saw a spike in bookings and searches and adjusted pricing. Just like you used to get different prices for hotels if you cleared your cookies before searching. 

6 hours ago, CanadianTraveller said:

Just to show folks what a large number 6,000 is...

...as of noon ET Friday the poll numbers suggest less than 1,000 tickets expected. With some of the "would take more" comments, let's say 1,000 tickets if 100% of the voters (and 100% of their friends) follow through.

Still really hoping this happens. Not my reputation on the line, though....

You are kidding right? 

We sold out the south end of BMO in 12 minutes last time.   Our largest game was just under 4K tickets and that was in 2012.

This forum accounts for a very moderate at best %  of The Voyageurs. 

We would sell out the 5700 seats in that section in no time at all, if we get it. 

1 hour ago, admin said:

We would sell out the 5700 seats in that section in no time at all, if we get it. 

So how much do you think the CSA will give us and and what part of the stadium?

For the #CanWNT friendly against Germany we were in 113 right?

For this match 111 through 114 at a minimum would be nice.

@gator or other Hamiltonians , what sections do supporters usually take up for Forge matches?

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

So how much do you think the CSA will give us and and what part of the stadium?

For the #CanWNT friendly against Germany we were in 113 right?

For thus match 111 through 114 at a minimum would be nice.

@gator or other Hamiltonians , what sections do supporters usually take up for Forge matches?

112 is The Battalion Section, I think we need that whole lower bowl side to side!

I do wonder how things will work out with Forge STH getting priority to some tickets, all of us from BSB will want to be in a Supporters Section, I am not sure about those that sit well removed from 112 at the other end, fans in 113 are used to having a standing section beside them and I think the sightlines are fine for them there is not as many flags however!

Edited by gator

2 hours ago, gator said:

112 is The Battalion Section, I think we need that whole lower bowl side to side!

I do wonder how things will work out with Forge STH getting priority to some tickets, all of us from BSB will want to be in a Supporters Section, I am not sure about those that sit well removed from 112 at the other end, fans in 113 are used to having a standing section beside them and I think the nightlines are fine for them there is not as many flags however!

Could you not potentially have a wrap around effect by using the lower bowl sides and the the party decks in the one end? Just a thought. 

4 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Could you not potentially have a wrap around effect by using the lower bowl sides and the the party decks in the one end? Just a thought. 

Unfortunately the stadium is basically split into 2 sides, I have watched WNT and Pan Am matches from both ends and you are way too far back from the goal, 20+ yards so unless any temporary seating is pushed up towards the goal I don't think it is a good option!

V’s 

6k in that lower bowl would be incredible - tall ask to be honest
looks like many people so far are bringing in new converts - should see if anyone within current TFC groups -Red patch, Kings , Inibriati or whatever they are called etc can coordinate with them on their message boards or whatever other socials they have to get the word out to them too- after the shite TFC season am sure they would be engaged to support too with a common goal- even extend to Impact supporters - Ottawa York too as can’t assume those groups actively monitor these boards 

It's a great idea to get the lower bowl. 

If there ever was a time to go big this is it. 

I have friends coming in from Alberta  (some have already booked their flights) and Ottawa. Plus a crew from Toronto (including my west end youth club). 

I personally have not seen a buzz like this for a MNT match and it's 2+ months out. 

Even more difficult to believe than being top of the table after eight matches, is the enthusiasm across the country for this team now.  

The low point for me was during the reign of former CSA dictator Kevin Pipe, who seemed to know as much about footy as Bettman knows about hockey.  There was a crowd of about 5,000 at Swangard against the US, who had already qualified.  My ex, a friend and I went to the game, and the other 4,997 were Americans rubbing it in our faces the entire match.  My ex wanted to leave after five minutes (that may be why she's my ex).  

That was the longest 90+ minutes of my life, and to go from that to where we are now...I've been spending several hours a day watching highlights and re-checking the table to make sure this is real.

9 minutes ago, ADP10 said:

The only small thing of concern is the game will be going on during the NFL conference finals games if played in the afternoon

The only way to get around that would be to play the game at 1pm ET (or even Noon).

But maybe we shouldn't care about that.

If the Honduras match is at 9pm ET on the Thursday that is basically only giving them 2.5 days between matches.

We have to do what's best for our chances and not worry about external factors. Heck that is the entire reason we are playing in Hamilton 

Edited by narduch

16 minutes ago, narduch said:

The only way to get around that would be to play the game at 1pm ET (or even Noon).

If the Honduras match is at 9pm ET on the Thursday that is basically only giving them 2.5 days between matches.

We have to do what's best for our chances and not worry about external factors. Heck that is the entire reason we are playing in Hamilton 

17 minutes ago, narduch said:

you think there’s a chance they play in the middle of the day like the 8 1 fiasco?

56 minutes ago, gator said:

I  don't know any soccer fans who would miss this epic match to sit on their couch and watch an NFL game!

A friend of mine who comes to the matches is a bartender at a bar that has a very loyal NFL following on Sunday.  It's a very lucrative day for him.

I asked if that would cause him to miss the qualifying match and he didn't even hesitate in saying no.  "NFL conference finals happen every year.  A World Cup Qualifier in HAMILTON!?  When will I see that again"

24 minutes ago, Mully said:

Other affordable accommodation options not in downtown Hamilton, are on the Hamilton Mountain (15 minute Uber to Tim Horton's Field) 

See link here: https://tourismhamilton.com/?section=accommodation&subsection=hotel_motel&geo=mountain

Any of those have easy transit connections to THF!

49 minutes ago, Mully said:

This is not correct.  See my response to gator's question.

Also, see HSR trip planner https://hsrnow.hamilton.ca/#/app/nextdepartures.  Search for any address in the city, and it will tell you when the next transit pick-up is.

I think your idea of easy may just be different than mine, that’s all

Edited by The Real Marc