Discussion surrounding supporters section in Hamilton

Admin

Discussion surrounding supporters section in Hamilton  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Based on an estimated (not official at all) $50 price point. How many people will you bring to the most important game that will ever be played in in southern Ontario.

• 20+
    • 10+
    • 5+
    • 2+
    • I will only by a single

20 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

I had 9 in 115 against Panama, and have already had some new askers since I'm closer to Hamilton than Toronto, so my 10+ is probably around 10-12. I definitely don't mind the price point given the importance and increased demand. 

To everyone reading this, you're going to bitch and whine if you aren't amongst the 1800 sold. Jamie is trying to help us fix that problem, let's be reasonable. The $20 difference will be worth it when we fucking beat the USA.

Fuck it, think I might be closer to 15-20. I've got my whole group from the Panama game committed already + a few askers, and thats without sending out any feelers. I'm probably never going to get a Canada game within a 30 minute drive of home again, I'll get them all out. 

Looking like it will end up being 4 for me.  Taking the fam - and will just deal with the shitty return flight that requires me to be up at 4am the morning after the game...

Booked a hotel close to Union Station for transit convenience (mainly the UP Express) but can cancel if something better comes along.  

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Looking like it will end up being 4 for me.  Taking the fam - and will just deal with the shitty return flight that requires me to be up at 4am the morning after the game...

Booked a hotel close to Union Station for transit convenience (mainly the UP Express) but can cancel if something better comes along.  

If staying in Hamilton is a consideration the #40 bus to Pearson from Hamilton runs every hour around the clock!

Edited by gator

2 hours ago, Lansdude said:

Seems like all 24,000 seats have been accounted for in this thread.

Just to show folks what a large number 6,000 is...

...as of noon ET Friday the poll numbers suggest less than 1,000 tickets expected. With some of the "would take more" comments, let's say 1,000 tickets if 100% of the voters (and 100% of their friends) follow through.

Still really hoping this happens. Not my reputation on the line, though....

26 minutes ago, CanadianTraveller said:

Just to show folks what a large number 6,000 is...

...as of noon ET Friday the poll numbers suggest less than 1,000 tickets expected. With some of the "would take more" comments, let's say 1,000 tickets if 100% of the voters (and 100% of their friends) follow through.

Still really hoping this happens. Not my reputation on the line, though....

While I get your rationale, less than 100 people have responded to the poll which is merely a fraction of the members that we have in a close part of Ontario. Judging by the users I see on the voyageurs forum, a LARGE amount of those with voyageurs memberships may be people who don't know the CanadianSoccerNews forum exists, and signed up to get access to tickets when the team was in Toronto in recent months. I wouldn't be worried.

46 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

While I get your rationale, less than 100 people have responded to the poll which is merely a fraction of the members that we have in a close part of Ontario. Judging by the users I see on the voyageurs forum, a LARGE amount of those with voyageurs memberships may be people who don't know the CanadianSoccerNews forum exists, and signed up to get access to tickets when the team was in Toronto in recent months. I wouldn't be worried.

This.

Play your part or be silent.
Positive talks only.

Edited by Shway

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Caught the first UP express trip of the day, 4:55 AM to catch my game day flight out for the Canada Mexico match. 

Me and a few friends around 7-8 are planning on getting tickets (try at least). We wanted to be near the supporters section and maybe get a couple of flags etc. , none of us are regulars but we are all big soccer fans and have been to other live games before so that won't be an issue . We don't know how it works but if there are tickets left (if you guys get a big enough allocation)  is there any way we could be in the supporters section without a membership? 

8 minutes ago, galacticusernam said:

Me and a few friends around 7-8 are planning on getting tickets (try at least). We wanted to be near the supporters section and maybe get a couple of flags etc. , none of us are regulars but we are all big soccer fans and have been to other live games before so that won't be an issue . We don't know how it works but if there are tickets left (if you guys get a big enough allocation)  is there any way we could be in the supporters section without a membership? 

You'll get an official answer soon but just to offer the standard response.

When memberships open please get one, or more, to help the Voyageurs. Both financially, and as an organisation.

Then, purchase through the supporter group and join the fans in the stands. Most don't bite, and it is not some hardcore environment that would alienate anyone. 

This qualifying campaign is a great way to grow the game and its support.  

11 minutes ago, galacticusernam said:

Only one of you needs to be a member and it's only 20 bucks.

8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Every other match in qualifying has happened at 6 pm or later local time.  May or may not be indicative of this game.

The other matches were not on a Sunday.

This is our first weekend match of the Octagonal.

Generally speaking, the early the better both for travelling fans and temperature-wise.  A match from 1:45pm to 3:45pm on a sunny January afternoon could be nice.

59 minutes ago, umpiredice said:

Looks like the hotels have already jacked up their prices.  The Sheraton is now $551 per night for the Saturday and Sunday.

What a bullshit move! There are some B&B's in Hamilton that may be worth checking out, I know a Forge supporter who owns one but do not have his contact at this time!