Discussion surrounding supporters section in Hamilton

Admin

Discussion surrounding supporters section in Hamilton  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Based on an estimated (not official at all) $50 price point. How many people will you bring to the most important game that will ever be played in in southern Ontario.

• 20+
    • 10+
    • 5+
    • 2+
    • I will only by a single

6 hours ago, CanadianTraveller said:

What happens if only 2500 out of 6000 are sold? What's the contingency? What's the reputational impact to the V's w/ CSA?

Out of curiosity, what does happen in these situations? How does this all work, does the Voyageur leadership just ask for a certain block of reserved tickets and the CSA decides if they think that's realistic? 

I'd imagine they'd want the biggest Voyageur section possible, no? 

1 minute ago, Diego said:

Out of curiosity, what does happen in these situations? How does this all work, does the Voyageur leadership just ask for a certain block of reserved tickets and the CSA decides if they think that's realistic? 

I'd imagine they'd want the biggest Voyageur section possible, no? 

With some planning ahead of time, I really do not see an issue with taking on such a big allotment. As it has been said there are over 1,000 members in the GTA, Southern Ontario. There is no way the situation we saw in Ottawa happens again in this game, where 500 tickets were allocated and only bout 30 were sold through the Vs before it was opened up to the general public. Tickets will move, you just have to be strategic about it to make sure a lot do not end up on stub hub. 

1 hour ago, Sissy said:

damn didnt think i'd find a fellow scarbz here. i have not a single friend irl who i can converse about the sport with, this forum is great 😅

Gonna assume you are a younger generation than I with that reference but always happy to connect with fellow footie fans from the East End of the City.

I can get a bunch of guys from my men's team in Sault Ste. Marie, plus guys from other teams for a road trip.  Then from my former men's team in Niagara , family and friends. 

20+ tickets for me for this bad boy at $50, no problem whatsoever. Could prolly double the total tickets. 

This is going to be insane. I'm so pumped. 

Edited by apbsmith

3 hours ago, admin said:

Ok. 

Now I am starting feel people getting up to speed on the magnitude of this.

Ask people to go, they will go. 

Try it.

Telling my old friends from Southern Ontario about tickets ... 

Telling them "probably around $50". The response is " that's it? ". 

The hype is real everyone. This is not a big stadium! 

7 hours ago, ADP10 said:

I’m guessing we’ll be on the side the cameras will be filming right?

Yes, but what we get is still up in the air. 

Shouldn't be, but it is. 

It is an understandable concern on their part. If we take another section, it becomes difficult for people the section over to see the field.  That is why we need people to step up and actively bring people if we can secure all the sections.

8 minutes ago, admin said:

Shouldn't be, but it is. 

It is an understandable concern on their part. If we take another section, it becomes difficult for people the section over to see the field.  That is why we need people to step up and actively bring people if we can secure all the sections.

It would help if we knew the start time. 

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Every other match in qualifying has happened at 6 pm or later local time.  May or may not be indicative of this game.

I don't really want to make assumptions.

This game would be in Vancouver if they always came true.

Just want to know because I could probably get more people out for a 4pm start v 8pm on a Sunday 

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

I don't really want to make assumptions.

This game would be in Vancouver if they always came true.

Just want to know because I could probably get more people out for a 4pm start v 8pm on a Sunday 

Fair enough.  If I were a betting man, I'd split the difference and guess 6 pm.

17 minutes ago, admin said:

I get people buying a single ticket if you are flying in.... that part of the poll is not for you.

But if you are in the GTA.... come on.  Help us out and bring some people to the game.... 

Change my vote to 8+ now lol. Finally being a soccer nerd is popular and I'm king of my social circle.

1 hour ago, admin said:

Shouldn't be, but it is. 

For the amount the CSA is promoting the Voyageurs and Sea of Red etc etc this is weird that it’s a concern. Don’t want too many patriotic passionate fans urging the team on to victory blocking anyone’s view who is also able to stand up do their part and cheer. 

2 minutes ago, grigorio said:

For the amount the CSA is promoting the Voyageurs and Sea of Red etc etc this is weird that it’s a concern. Don’t want too many patriotic passionate fans urging the team on to victory blocking anyone’s view who is also able to stand up do their part and cheer. 

Its a fair concern in the sense that if you're selling tickets (especially premium ones) and not disclosing that some of the field will be blocked its not fair to anyone involved.   Don't need the soccer Karens spending the game reaming out some poor underpaid usher about it.

But there is an easy solution to all of that!  So we'll see.

1 hour ago, admin said:

I get people buying a single ticket if you are flying in.... that part of the poll is not for you.

But if you are in the GTA.... come on.  Help us out and bring some people to the game.... 

Already have had friends in the hood and my brother from Ottawa looking for tickets , my order will increase for sure.