Discussion surrounding supporters section in Hamilton

Admin

Discussion surrounding supporters section in Hamilton  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Based on an estimated (not official at all) $50 price point. How many people will you bring to the most important game that will ever be played in in southern Ontario.

• 20+
    • 10+
    • 5+
    • 2+
    • I will only by a single

50 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

This was built for the Heritage Classic in Calgary.  Would be great if something similar goes up in time for the game.

image.png.d9fe35a4f9aec511cbe4f03aaba5f424.png

Not happening. there might be some temp seats going up on a concourse, but nothing too big as it is not possible to put the bottom at field level for a FIFA game. 

1 hour ago, admin said:

Not happening. there might be some temp seats going up on a concourse, but nothing too big as it is not possible to put the bottom at field level for a FIFA game. 

Interesting.  I'd love to see these rules.  I think a lot of FAs just ignore them.  Argentina just hosted Brazil in this death trap.  

image.png.e9fbe3f58134a875d28be396db69e7a3.png

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, I am going to need to grab a hotel soon.  

I was a little concerned with the USA supporters coming in and scooping up the rooms.  And the cost going up when the hotels see the opportunity.

It was epic in Edmonton and even though I could sneak down from Scarborough for the day, too much fun would be missed and there are too many pints to be drunk. Allez Les Rouges!!

37 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

I was a little concerned with the USA supporters coming in and scooping up the rooms.  And the cost going up when the hotels see the opportunity.

It was epic in Edmonton and even though I could sneak down from Scarborough for the day, too much fun would be missed and there are too many pints to be drunk. Allez Les Rouges!!

damn didnt think i'd find a fellow scarbz here. i have not a single friend irl who i can converse about the sport with, this forum is great 😅

I was gonna post on here about trying to run a bus from London(Ontario) for the game so I'm aiming for 20 of us but that was when the thought was 30$ a ticket. I have some phone calls to make but my aim would be to cover the cost of the bus. If I can't sell enough tickets then maybe add a stop(and find a voyageur partner) in woodstock or brantford(or even windsor)... anyone interested in organizing a same day bus(and NOT trying to make a profit) please send me a message. Also any thoughts on this are welcome.

2 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Downtown there is the Sheraton, Staybridge Suites and Hilton Honewood suites.

Then there’s a number of hotels on Hamilton mountain, suburbs and Burlington.

It is also 1 hour GO Bus ride if anyone was inclined to stay in downtown Toronto. 

6 hours ago, admin said:

To be in the supporters section, you will want a Voyageurs membership.

Until we know what are our allocation is, I capped the membership. It is currently on pause at....

1986 members

:)

It will be back, once we know more about Hamilton. 

This was a joke.... btw.

We did not stop selling memberships ....

7 hours ago, Shway said:

I put down 5+ because I was already booked with a group of 4 to go to Vancouver...and now with the change of plans, it kinda makes it easier for me to arrange an even bigger group.

Like @Olympique_de_Marseille the time of the game will be crucial, as my group is husbands and fathers with young kids. 

Heck it might even be worth it to arrange a few transportation buses from a few spots around the city?

2 great points here.

Saturday would be an easier sell at 50 bucks. Is it possible we have an afternoon kickoff Sunday? 

A group bus from Toronto for $100 ticket and transport feels like a good proposition. 

After drinking on it, i think 50 is reasonable. MLS Cup was $75 for supporters I think. This is comparable for any knowledgeable soccer fan. 

Couple probably get 5-10 pending game time. 

6 minutes ago, Califax said:

2 great points here.

Saturday would be an easier sell at 50 bucks. Is it possible we have an afternoon kickoff Sunday? 

A group bus from Toronto for $100 ticket and transport feels like a good proposition. 

After drinking on it, i think 50 is reasonable. MLS Cup was $75 for supporters I think. This is comparable for any knowledgeable soccer fan. 

Couple probably get 5-10 pending game time. 

I think an afternoon match could very well be in the cards for more a few reasons.

1. Weather, playing it in daylight will be a benefit. 

2. Travel, having to be down in El Salvador for Wednesday, I could easily see a midday match in the heat. 

5 minutes ago, Califax said:

Just a note that GO only charges $10 for a day pass on weekends. There's no charter bus option in the GTA that will beat that, plus no need for a DD if transit can get you home from the nearest GO stop instead of a mall parking lot.

Not that I'm discouraging the party bus rental for those where money isn't an issue and the geography works. Last time I rode GO it wasn't LCBO-licensed.