Discussion surrounding supporters section in Hamilton

Admin

Discussion surrounding supporters section in Hamilton  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Based on an estimated (not official at all) $50 price point. How many people will you bring to the most important game that will ever be played in in southern Ontario.

• 20+
    • 10+
    • 5+
    • 2+
    • I will only by a single

1 hour ago, admin said:

To grasp what is at stake here....

If we only get allocate 1800 seats.... who gets them? 

We have more members than seats.   If we leave this wide open on TM the same way it was for Panama half the section will be on StubHub before lunch. 

If we take more sections, we are in for a fight with the highest priced tickets in the stadium by blocking their view. 

If we stick with the crap end zone sections, it will be lose lose all around. 

The only option is to go for it and take the whole lower stand. 

I would take as many tickets as possible and just run with it, I guess you can try using passwords etc to protect , keeping control of things. Only having it in the members section of the Vs website. The end zone party deck is quite a distance from the backline as it was in Edmonton, for some that matters, for others it will not. 

Just my opinion:

Your challenge in moving up and selling more aren't the posters here, it's their +1's (or +8's) who are just as interested in a good time as in what's happening on the field. A $20 cover charge on a nice evening is an easy sell. A $50 cover charge, an hour's drive away w/ lousy parking, on a minus-Celsius Sunday (night?), is not an easy sell. (Not to disparage the many many true fans and repeat attendees that V's bring out, but it's nowhere near 100% of tix.)

If it was BMO, if it was May-September, if it was a Friday (or even Thursday), if it was only 3,000 you were promising. But to double the guaranteed sell while doubling+ the price on the coldest day of the year for an "away from home" game down the road = too much risk of failure. 

What happens if only 2500 out of 6000 are sold? What's the contingency? What's the reputational impact to the V's w/ CSA?

If it doesn't hurt to try, say from Nov. 29 - Dec. 17...? Run a...what do those southern yokels call it? "Weighted Lottery"... and see if the $300,000 is really there, rewarding those who contribute the most money towards tix (regardless of whether you eventually get 1500 or 6000 tix from CSA)?

If only this were Amway and you could drop ship 20 tickets to every V for resale. 🤪

Really hope this comes off - the upside is unimaginable. $123 round-trip from Edmonton, same-day flights. That's so cheap there's no excuses....

17 minutes ago, CanadianTraveller said:

Really hope this comes off - the upside is unimaginable. $123 round-trip from Edmonton, same-day flights. That's so cheap there's no excuses....

I'm in for two seats. Flights from Edmonton are cheap enough that I could swing a 24h trip which is an easy sell (damn life commitments!). 

32 minutes ago, CanadianTraveller said:

Just my opinion:

Your challenge in moving up and selling more aren't the posters here, it's their +1's (or +8's) who are just as interested in a good time as in what's happening on the field. A $20 cover charge on a nice evening is an easy sell. A $50 cover charge, an hour's drive away w/ lousy parking, on a minus-Celsius Sunday (night?), is not an easy sell. (Not to disparage the many many true fans and repeat attendees that V's bring out, but it's nowhere near 100% of tix.)

If it was BMO, if it was May-September, if it was a Friday (or even Thursday), if it was only 3,000 you were promising. But to double the guaranteed sell while doubling+ the price on the coldest day of the year for an "away from home" game down the road = too much risk of failure. 

What happens if only 2500 out of 6000 are sold? What's the contingency? What's the reputational impact to the V's w/ CSA?

If it doesn't hurt to try, say from Nov. 29 - Dec. 17...? Run a...what do those southern yokels call it? "Weighted Lottery"... and see if the $300,000 is really there, rewarding those who contribute the most money towards tix (regardless of whether you eventually get 1500 or 6000 tix from CSA)?

If only this were Amway and you could drop ship 20 tickets to every V for resale. 🤪

You voice some legitimate concerns, my opinion is we will have a much bigger problem if not enough seats are secured, there is lots of time to sell, hell Forge fans alone will buy up a good portion, I hope we get the whole lower east side or ticket distribution is going to be a problem, demand>tickets!

51 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Dare I read the comments to the CSA's tweet???

Seeing the image, and prior to reading the tweet, I thought maybe Soccer Canada and pulled a fast one on all of us and moved the qualifier to Hamilton, Bermuda. 😎  Would have cut down on the team's travel time to and from Central America, too!

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I don’t have that many friends

I use to 😪

Seriously, the ambition is amazing guys, as is the vision. 

There are many upsides that suggest you could do it.

Double the time to sell the tix.

Xmas in the middle so a gift option many will warm to.

Proximity to TO and other population bases.

The growing hype around the team after Edmonton

The "challenge" of calling fans to outdo Edmonton in weather terms (show them we are heartier).

The possibility to partner with Forge, don't know if this was considered (sell 10-20% of V section through or with Forge FC?)

Edited by Unnamed Trialist