WCQ: Third Round - Window 4 (January 27- February 2, 2022)

Shway

50 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

My entire family including my wife's grandmother had Omnicron. It was a total joke 

I felt much worse after my 2nd shot. Every night it was like 300 pound gorilla sitting on my chest. I played a game a few days after getting it and had to call for a sub 25minutes in. My chest was pounding. Not lying 

Since the 3rd shot will be mandatory in order to participate in society. I say it with peace and love. Everyone on here who plays footie... be very careful 

You can hate my comment all you like but it's real 

I know a healthy guy who recently passed away after playing a game of pick up. Left the game because his chest was hurting, went home and went to lie down and his wife came home to him dead.

This ain’t the thread, but there’s something going on with either what Covid or the vaccine is doing to the heart. It’s scary. 

Convo can be continued in the appropriate thread. 

7 minutes ago, Shway said:

I know a healthy guy who recently passed away after playing a game of pick up. Left the game because his chest was hurting, went home and went to lie down and his wife came home to him dead.

This ain’t the thread, but there’s something going on with either what Covid or the vaccine is doing to the heart. It’s scary. 

Convo can be continued in the appropriate thread. 

I don't know if you were close to him or not, but sorry to hear that. That's absolutely brutal. 

And yeah, let's get the thread back on topic here.  

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

My entire family including my wife's grandmother had Omnicron. It was a total joke 

I felt much worse after my 2nd shot. Every night it was like 300 pound gorilla sitting on my chest. I played a game a few days after getting it and had to call for a sub 25minutes in. My chest was pounding. Not lying 

Since the 3rd shot will be mandatory in order to participate in society. I say it with peace and love. Everyone on here who plays footie... be very careful 

Ditto to what I said to Shway. Terrible to hear that. I feel for you man. I hope you keep well. 

2 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

The second shot hit me hard too, but only for about 36 hours. I ran 10km about 48 hours after the shot.

My third didn't bother me at all, outside of having the best sleep I've had in years the night of. Didn't even have a sore arm.

In other words, anecdotes mean little and YMMV with personal after effects.

For me it just felt like someone was twisting my chest. I really dont want to get a 3rd shot. Doctors recommend that if your an active male to not exercise for 6 months after your 2nd or 3rd shot if you feel tightness. I really can't take 6 months off physical activity and my team is in a position to be promoted in our league 

The “something” going on isn’t some mystery. Covid causes myocarditis/pericarditis in some patients, and does so at a substantially higher rate than the vaccine, even in the age group most at risk for vaccine complications.

Between March 2020 and January 2021, before virtually any vaccines were administered, Covid-19 patients were 16x more likely than non-Covid patients to present with myocarditis.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7035e5.htm

~150 myocarditis cases per 100k Covid patients.

You know what the myocarditis rate was as a reaction from the vaccine? Per Israel, 56 cases in ~5M shots. ~1.12 cases per 100k shots. Feel free to double that since everyone got two.

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-/media/documents/ncov/vaccines/2021/11/myocarditis-pericarditis-mrna-vaccines.pdf?sc_lang=en

Can we please get back to football?

6 hours ago, footballfreak said:

The “something” going on isn’t some mystery. Covid causes myocarditis/pericarditis in some patients, and does so at a substantially higher rate than the vaccine, even in the age group most at risk for vaccine complications.

Between March 2020 and January 2021, before virtually any vaccines were administered, Covid-19 patients were 16x more likely than non-Covid patients to present with myocarditis.

You know what the myocarditis rate was as a reaction from the vaccine? Per Israel, 56 cases in ~5M shots. ~1.12 cases per 100k shots. Feel free to double that since everyone got two.

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-/media/documents/ncov/vaccines/2021/11/myocarditis-pericarditis-mrna-vaccines.pdf?sc_lang=en

I know how to get those people above talking about football as the topic is intended for.   So Scott Arfield has to get the call for this window, no?

On 1/8/2022 at 1:17 AM, footballfreak said:

Obviously Covid has been awful for everyone, but I'm most worried about Spurs Flu these days. It seems to severely impair critical thought, and rationality. Oh and it forces you to support Spurs, which means there's comorbidity issues too.

Not sure if you have more information on this...

51 minutes ago, kingvikingstad said:

Obviously Covid has been awful for everyone, but I'm most worried about Spurs Flu these days. It seems to severely impair critical thought, and rationality. Oh and it forces you to support Spurs, which means there's comorbidity issues too.

Not sure if you have more information on this...

Please don't start him...lol

On 1/6/2022 at 5:48 PM, RS said:

The second shot hit me hard too, but only for about 36 hours. I ran 10km about 48 hours after the shot.

My third didn't bother me at all, outside of having the best sleep I've had in years the night of. Didn't even have a sore arm.

In other words, anecdotes mean little and YMMV with personal after effects.

I was the total opposite.  The first shot:  i started getting a high temperature the next day and it lasted 36 hours and i was fine after that.    The second shot:  no effects.   This third shot (yesterday):  i have really sore arm now and i think i am running a light fever.   This last shot was my first one with Pfizer.

Edited by Free kick

1 hour ago, Free kick said:

I was the total opposite.  The first shot:  i started getting a high temperature the next day and it lasted 36 hours and i was fine after that.    The second shot:  no effects.   This third shot (yesterday):  i have really sore arm now and i think i am running a light fever.   This last shot was my first one with Pfizer.

I've had 3 Pfizer shots. The first two, in June and July, I had no negative side effects, whatsoever. The booster, about a month ago, I had a pretty sore arm for a couple of days, but nothing else. For all three shots, I had them in the morning and played football in the evening. It's really random, though. I've had several friends who were knocked around pretty bad after the second shot, in particular.

On 1/9/2022 at 7:08 AM, blueseeka said:

Please don't start him...lol

I know.. he's lucky I've been in the hospital with covid. I haven't told anyone but I'm an 87 year old obese diabetic who's undergoing radiation. But I actually went to the hospital originally because I was in a car accident. Stay safe

13 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I know.. he's lucky I've been in the hospital with covid. I haven't told anyone but I'm an 87 year old obese diabetic who's undergoing radiation. But I actually went to the hospital originally because I was in a car accident. Stay safe

Strange, I pictured you as an 18-year-old, with a six pack, with an eventual goal of climbing Mt. Everest😎

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM