WCQ: Third Round - Window 4 (January 27- February 2, 2022)

Shway

51 minutes ago, Jedi Ram said:

It's all but confirmed... No fans in Hamilton game vs. USA...At 11 AM EST, Ford to make announcement for more restrictions including *Cancelling all ticketed events*

What is unclear is if this applies to outdoor game or not.

So its not all but confirmed? 

unclear if it is outdoor events. Unclear if it is only until jan 21

8 minutes ago, king1010 said:

So its not all but confirmed? 

unclear if it is outdoor events. Unclear if it is only until jan 21

I guess my cynicism is kicking in here after the last 2 years, but in Ontario, when they have these measures in place, do they ever last for the period they say?  I feel like there was one instance in October of ‘20 around thanksgiving that shut us down for 3 weeks.  I can’t see it happening sadly 

Edited by EJsens1

51 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Bayern is having a huge COVID outbreak now. Davies not one of the positive tests yet, but it seems only a matter of time until we have some important players get COVID and not be able to play during the next window. 

5 vs 10 day quarantine should hopefully help

12 hours ago, cornerkick said:

El sal has announced their squad for the upcoming window

Many USL championship and lower players, Thai league, El Salvadoran league, two unattached MLS players, one MLS guy and another who plays on the same team as Brym in the Dutch second division.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Many USL championship and lower players, Thai league, El Salvadoran league, two unattached MLS players, one MLS guy and another who plays on the same team as Brym in the Dutch second division.

One unattached MLS player. Alex Roldan is with Seattle and was one of their better players so I’m not sure why his club is blank. He would probably be the only player with a shot at getting a call to Canada from their team. 

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

The guy who plays with Brym is quite good. I believe he's a dual national (dutch). A few years younger than Brym even, but talented for sure. He's on loan from the Eredivisie and outscoring Charles, even though he's an attacking midfielder. 

1 minute ago, trc2014 said:

With the announcement of Larin having COVID today, I wonder what date contracting COVID will rule someone out of the camp.  We are getting close.

Well both US and Canada now have the 5 day asymptomatic quarantine rules, so I'd assume that would be the norm for camp. Because of the shortened quarantines compared to past windows there's the chance that a player could miss one game and play a later game should the duration of their quarantine fit.

1 hour ago, trc2014 said:

With the announcement of Larin having COVID today, I wonder what date contracting COVID will rule someone out of the camp.  We are getting close.

Depends on whether they are symptomatic or not. If any of these guys are suffering from a real bout of illness they've already missed the window in all likelihood. IF they are asymptomatic they are basically out on a technicality and should be available for the window. 

7 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Depends on whether they are symptomatic or not. If any of these guys are suffering from a real bout of illness they've already missed the window in all likelihood. IF they are asymptomatic they are basically out on a technicality and should be available for the window. 

If you go by the ten day rule, I’d say your good until the 12th and even after that you could get it, come meet the team if they’ve already started games/other players get Covid.  Now whether you’re going to bring your A game, that’s another issue.  I’d like to think they’d max out on the roster this time around (I’ve thought that the first 3 windows too) but Herdman has showed a reluctance there 

2 hours ago, trc2014 said:

I know quite a few cases here in Catalonia, and the ones in their twenties are not having a hard time; the time they need to get back into decent health with Omnicron is relatively short. Those older, into their forties and 50s, a bit worse. A friend of my son who he had dinner with on the 28th tested positive the next day, with the entire family, but my kid was fine, and his friend had a 5-day cold, basically. 

But still, I think if you test positive a week before you are meant to travel for a match, maybe you'll have missed it. Maybe you could come into the camp a day or two late, not much more. 

We actually don't know where our camp is going to be before Honduras, it has not been confirmed. 

My entire family including my wife's grandmother had Omnicron. It was a total joke 

I felt much worse after my 2nd shot. Every night it was like 300 pound gorilla sitting on my chest. I played a game a few days after getting it and had to call for a sub 25minutes in. My chest was pounding. Not lying 

Since the 3rd shot will be mandatory in order to participate in society. I say it with peace and love. Everyone on here who plays footie... be very careful 

You can hate my comment all you like but it's real 

Edited by SpursFlu