WCQ: Third Round - Window 4 (January 27- February 2, 2022)

Shway

27 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Genuine question a are people optimistic this whole window is actually going to happen? See World Juniors cancellation.

Yeah it's a real fucked up situation. Wouldn't be a surprise to see some games cancelled. Maybe bigger squads allowed or call in time. Hard to tell. It's different with not all teams being in one place.

5 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Thanks. Would the club have other plans after January 15th?

If not, he'd be fit but also have a good amount of rest before the Honduras match.

It’s a full preseason (mid) leading up to their first match of the 2nd half Jan 30th…(which if selected he would miss) they return to full training in Switzerland with friendlies …

3 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Looks like Scottish and the Belgium league keep playing through the next window.

Any chance we are missing Buchanan, Ugbo and possibly Arfield? Any other leagues with CMNT players playing at the end of Jan?

Ugbo shouldnt be an issue. Genk rescheduled their matches during that window since they were going to be missing too many players due to international duty.

Buchanan could potentially be an issue - Brugge are playing three matches over the window (two league and one cup).  It would be tough for him to miss all those matches as a new player to the club. I'm guessing he still shows up for Canada.

Arfield is also an issue. he would miss three league matches including the Old Firm vs Celtic. With a new Manager and him getting into the squad more regularly it would be a risk to leave. I'm guessing he also knows it's now or never with Canada though - if he gets called and doesnt accept I cant imagine him ever getting another chance. 

4 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Any other leaugues running during the window?

Brugge is also battling for first place. Be interesting to see if they release Tajon for that window

They have to release him - doesn’t mean Buchanan needs to accept though and I could see the club getting in his ear about sticking around. 
Tajon appears to be very committed to Canada though so I assume he’ll be there. I could also see a compromise being reached. For example, if he were to stay with Brugge and miss the Honduras match, he could still be there for USA and El Salvador while only missing one league match. 

14 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Who isn't? Is there anybody fit to attend this window besides Hoilett who isn't?

Assuming the window is still a-go, he may fly directly from San Pedro Sula to San Salvador and skip the home match.

Wasn’t Borjan also thought not to be vaccinated?

On 12/31/2021 at 4:38 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Who isn't? Is there anybody fit to attend this window besides Hoilett who isn't?

Assuming the window is still a-go, he may fly directly from San Pedro Sula to San Salvador and skip the home match.

Curious to see if this is a strategy that might be used. It would mean the team not being together and not Sure if  herdman and the boys stick together 

I think our camp is in danger. 

Any possible outbreak could leave us without key players. 

I think they'll have to isolate those who come in later, game fit, so they'll not be contaged. 

They may end up creating smaller bubbles, and the way to do it is not put like positions together. You can't risk losing all the sub keepers, or all the MLS mids, so they must be separated. Like when heirs of royal families travel apart. 

I'm worried about our camp, uf it can be effective in these circumstances, and if we could end up debilitating the core group instead of prepping it 

In case anyone is interested in the time when we thought the game would be in Vancouver, this answers what is happening there.  Upon further reading of FieldTurf sales propaganda they say there is a FieldTurf product in 6 of the 9 main (CFL) stadiums in Canada.  That leaves Toronto (turf) Edmonton (Shaw Sports Turf ) and Hamilton which I have yet to figure out what they installed this summer.  Now, I know it is not FieldTurf

Revitalized artificial turf playing surface coming to BC Place Stadium
bcplace.com December 15th, 2021
PavCo donates used BC Place turf to the Abbotsford Cardinals, helping rebuild the community baseball facility devastated by flooding in the Fraser Valley

Following a detailed evaluation process, FieldTurf was selected to complete the turf revitalization, which will include the removal of the used artificial turf system, upgrades to the sub-structure, as well as the installation of FieldTurf’s leading Vertex CORE system with EcoMax infill, for the total cost of $2,776,000 +GST.

4Jh9mUJ.png

5 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

SISGrass hybrid pitch technology, Hybrid grass, which is 95% natural turf, reinforced with synthetic fibres

There ya go…you mentioned grass.
When people read “turf” they typically think artificial grass. 

But after rereading your post, you’re emphasizing the fact that it’s the same turf product in majority of the stadiums.