WCQ: Third Round - Window 4 (January 27- February 2, 2022)

Shway

I fully swear with a win against Costa Rica, we can mathematically qualify because we would have 28 points whereas USA if they beat Mexico they would have 24 points so we would be 4 points clear of them. Or if Mexico beats USA, they too would have 24 points and we would still be 4 points clear provided we beat Costa Rica.

49 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

I fully swear with a win against Costa Rica, we can mathematically qualify because we would have 28 points whereas USA if they beat Mexico they would have 24 points so we would be 4 points clear of them. Or if Mexico beats USA, they too would have 24 points and we would still be 4 points clear provided we beat Costa Rica.

All the clinching scenarios below.

On 2/2/2022 at 8:56 PM, Allez les Rouges said:

So Mexico's win clinches 4th for Canada! It's 6 more points needed for 1st and 2 points for qualification.

More precisely, on Day 12:

- Canada cannot clinch 1st (MEX and USA cannot simultaneously lose since they play each other).

- Canada qualifies with any of:

a) win at CRC

b) tie at CRC and either PAN draw/loss vs. HON or MEX win/draw vs. USA

c) loss at CRC, PAN draw/loss vs. HON and MEX win vs. USA

3 hours ago, Allez les Rouges said:

Yes, people that aren't totally clueless know how Wikipedia works. Thanks for your pedantry.

Sorry for being sounding pedantic and I know everyone knows everyone can update it, your post to me seemed like you were blaming the Wikipedia for updating it wrong then correcting rather some eager person. I just shouldn't post late at night easier to know better what to just read between the lines on.  I'm just going to get rid of that comment. 

Edited by rydermike

17 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

If they were positives, they still cant play.  So Mexico could also ask for the points as well.  

You can test positive on a PCR test up to 3 months after you've recovered from the disease itself, so it's a fairly useless test within 3 months of a known documented infection.

On 2/5/2022 at 12:48 AM, rydermike said:

Sorry for being sounding pedantic and I know everyone knows everyone can update it, your post to me seemed like you were blaming the Wikipedia for updating it wrong then correcting rather some eager person. I just shouldn't post late at night easier to know better what to just read between the lines on.  I'm just going to get rid of that comment. 

Thanks and no worries - I could've phrased my original post more clearly. Deleted my reply to you too :)