WCQ: Third Round - Window 4 (January 27- February 2, 2022)

Shway

2 hours ago, archer21 said:

If we win the next 3 matches, I think there’s a very good chance that the final match will help determine which pot we end up in. That’s easier said than done, but it’s not like it’s impossible.

It's virtually impossible. You would need to be the 25th best of classified nations (or very close ahead or behind that), and the potential FIFA points you'd get would have be enough to cover the spread with the 24th classified ahead of you. 

The set of variables is broad and the probability is extremely low you'd be right there. 

I am all for trying to win always, all I was suggesting is that we don't owe anyone anything, and if Panama beats or ties us to get third spot over the US or Mexico, I won't be bothered by any of their respective fates.

2 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

The  US wanted to secure a 3 pointer At home with their geographic places, but somehow backfired, it could be call off.  I've got to check the weather but Bundesliga doesn't play in January for example because of this.  

My guess is the USA will get rid of this fellow once they are in, and they are gonna hire a high profile experience "steppe  wolf".   

Maybe Mourinho.  Brendan Rodgers, Hasenhüllt, Claude Puel or the basques Unai Emery, Julen Lopetegui

The USSF has elections coming up as well so this is all going to come up, I am sure the players are pissed as hell. And to be fair, we must have been pushing it as well with our decisions, they just happened to work out.

One analysis I heard, from the Qué Golazo guys with some guests, showed how sinister soccer governance could be. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

1 minute ago, Yoginess said:

For the record I want the us to qualify. As much fun as it was last time to see them crash and burn it was noticeable not having them there from a media perspective. I'll settle for them having to sweat it out until the last possible moment.

I disagree. I want the US to crash out just like how “America’s Team” the Dallas Cowboys choke because somehow someway what can go wrong will go wrong

3 minutes ago, trosenoff said:

I disagree. I want the US to crash out just like how “America’s Team” the Dallas Cowboys choke because somehow someway what can go wrong will go wrong

To each there own. But just like how Canada being good benefits US and Mexico, the converse is also true. Totally get wanting to stick it to a rival but personally I’d rather beat up on a World Cup US team than beat up on a US team that flopped out of qualifying.

I want them to struggle, I want their fan base to be jealous, but I don’t want them to become irrelevant. That’s really bad for our region

i

3 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Freezing Steve Martin GIF

John Candy cómic Demigod.  Martin is all that is good in life I can even forgive him for his nationality.  

I am team Bill Clinton, was the most Argentinian of all the american presidents, charming guy!!

His vacations in Argentina are well known, he has gone to every tourist place down here.  Took photos with the native people up the north, played soccer in La Bombonera of Boca Juniors, danced tango, went to Patagónica to the big block of ice.  I think he didnt bring his wifey.  

34 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

To each there own. But just like how Canada being good benefits US and Mexico, the converse is also true. Totally get wanting to stick it to a rival but personally I’d rather beat up on a World Cup US team than beat up on a US team that flopped out of qualifying.

I want them to struggle, I want their fan base to be jealous, but I don’t want them to become irrelevant. That’s really bad for our region

i

Fair point

11 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Our region is Concacaf. As I see it, let our direct rivals swim in hot sewage.

Did anyone of your invented regional buddies care about Canada not qualifying for 35 years? 

I really would love to put out an experimental team last day vs Panama and push the US or Mexico into the intercontinental playoff. 

Apparently Berhalter did.

1 hour ago, kobasew19 said:

Anyone know where we can watch the US Honduras game from Canada legally? 

http://www.hesgoal.com/leagues/11/Football_News    will be on there, along with other WCQs. If you press expqnd or sound, there will be an ad window, just x it out. I havw used it since spring matches, no problems with viruses et al.