WCQ: Third Round - Window 4 (January 27- February 2, 2022)

Shway

10 minutes ago, rydermike said:

A Mexico win over Costa Rica wouldn't officially guarantee us 4th yet, it'd just get us pretty damn close. Costa Rica would still have the potential to hit 24. It's a Mexico win over CR and a Can win over El Slavador that guantees 4th

You are correct, I had 3 remaining matches in my head instead of four!

3 minutes ago, CCrTFC said:

Mexico vs. Panama is going to be massive

Yeah, good that Mexico will continue to be desperate.  I would have preferred a Panama loss tonight to further separate the lead pack and increase the likelihood that the match against them is meaningless in March, but it was probably utopian to expect Panama to suddenly crumble completely and give up 8 or 9 points this window.  

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Does anybody understand our card situation? I think Vitoria is out, wondering about Buchanan.

The situation is that is was a dumb yellow for Tajon to take.  With Davies likely out in March as well, we need all the wing help we can get.  He could have easily dicked around on the ball a bit to kill the clock without doing it so excessively that the ref gave him a yellow. It was so blatant.  Dumb card to take.  

7 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

The situation is that is was a dumb yellow for Tajon to take.  With Davies likely out in March as well, we need all the wing help we can get.  He could have easily dicked around on the ball a bit to kill the clock without doing it so excessively that the ref gave him a yellow. It was so blatant.  Dumb card to take.  

Is this a fact?