WCQ: Third Round - Window 4 (January 27- February 2, 2022)

Shway

Updated Magic Numbers for Canada:

To clinch 4th - 9 points 

To clinch 3rd - 11 points

Magic Number = Points We Win + Points dropped by team in the following position. So any combination of Canada points earned and Costa Rica points dropped for 4th  / Canada and Panama for 3rd

Edited by rydermike

5 hours ago, Ally McCoist said:

I'm watching the US pre-game show for shits and giggles and they just said this on the broadcast:

The US team has chicken broth, apple cider, and heated seats on their bench. They also reduced the temperature in their locker room so they could easily transition when they go outside. 

Meanwhile, Adekugbe dives into a pile of snow just because it's there..

Edited by Sal333

3 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

Considering Panama still has to play at Mexico and the States it looks like the best they can do is 23 points. And Costa Rica has to play at Mexico, most likely 24 is their ceiling.

F*** me, we're so close I can taste it.

They also have to play Canada as well, I hear they're pretty good now. 🤪

14 minutes ago, canadasoccer20 said:

finallly we catch a break from another team... huge result for canadas chances even more. 

Thats another thing that we never used to get in the past.... A result elsewhere that goes our way.  Remember that T &T result that they got in Mexico in 2000?  it was always that if canada needed help elsewhere in Conacacf WCQ,  That help would never materialize.  until this year....

Edited by Free kick

home vs USA (2)

away vs El Salvador (7)

away vs Costa Rica (5) (Mexico, Jamaica, Canada, El Salvador, USA)

home vs Jamaica (6)

away vs Panama (4) (Jamaica, Mexico, Honduras, USA, Canada)

Nothing is guaranteed...and we are Canadian after all...but this is simply a fantastic position to be in.  Well done boys!