WCQ: Third Round - Window 4 (January 27- February 2, 2022)

Shway

1 minute ago, Ally McCoist said:

I'm watching the US pre-game show for shits and giggles and they just said this on the broadcast:

The US team has chicken broth, apple cider, and heated seats on their bench. They also reduced the temperature in their locker room so they could easily transition when they go outside. 

Okay so let's be accommodating guests on Sunday, we can blast the AC and turn off the hot water for their room

1 minute ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Okay so let's be accommodating guests on Sunday, we can blast the AC and turn off the hot water for their room

THF was built on a budget. Hot water in the visitors locker room probably never worked. 

Hopefully the Bombers trashed it in their annual GC celebrations.

I really do not understand why so many people are not predicting 6 points or more...

Personally I feel we can win all three games and, in the process qualify for WC 2022 in this window.  This is the new Canada who are more confident in themselves than ever before.  The old Canada mentality is all in the past and done for good.  The way we played in the past 6 games has shown us how good we are.  Right from game 1, we were iffy of making top 4...but we have been constantly moving the goal post  of our expectations with each historical home wins and away draws. Tonight is another game that we will again move the goal post of our expectations of playing in Central America. 

Honduras cannot play for a draw and will be all out.  But will end up exposing their back line.  Prediction is Canada will win 3-0.

USA is a tough opponent ... but I believe in this team.  Prediction is Canada will win 2-1 with us scoring the game winning goal in the last 10 minutes.

El Salvador is be done and infinto by the time we play them.  Whereas with 22 points, they would know that a win would qualify for Qatar 2022.  Do think that they will squander the opportunity of playing last place team ?  Nope.  I predict a rout of 5-1.

Yes, we are getting NINE POINTS in this window !  In fact, I guarantee it !

Edited by Jedi Ram

1 hour ago, Wayverider said:

I'm soooo fed up with this type of nervous-Nellie hypothetical bullshit! We have one game in the next 24 hours and we're focusing on winning! Only winning. We're good enough to expect victory every single time we take the field. That's how my mind works with this team - Win baby! Let go of your fears and join me! It really can't be much fun supporting a first place team and hoping for one win in three games, with two of the games being against the last place and second last place teams.

I got the idea for posing that question from people talking about ideal scenarios where we win both away games and lose or draw against USA. I got the sense a lot of people think the USA game is the least important. I wanted to point out that even though they are the best team on paper we will face this window, the points won in that game are actually slightly more important than the points in the other games. It was never meant to be a prediction or anything like that.

13 minutes ago, Jedi Ram said:

I really do not understand why so many people are not predicting 6 points or more...

Personally I feel we can win all three games and, in the process qualify for WC 2022 in this window.  This is the new Canada who are more confident in themselves than ever before.  The old Canada mentality is all in the past and done for good.  The way we played in the past 6 games has shown us how good we are.  Right from game 1, we were iffy of making top 4...but we have been constantly moving the goal post  of our expectations with each historical home wins and away draws. Tonight is another game that we will again move the goal post of our expectations of playing in Central America. 

El Salvador cannot play for a draw and will be all out.  But will end up exposing their back line.  Prediction is Canada will win 3-0.

USA is a tough opponent ... but I believe in this team.  Prediction is Canada will win 2-1 with us scoring the game winning goal in the last 10 minutes.

Honduras is be done and infinto by the time we play them.  Whereas with 22 points, they would know that a win would qualify for Qatar 2022.  Do think that they will squander the opportunity of playing last place team ?  Nope.  I predict a rout of 5-1.

Yes, we are getting NINE POINTS in this window !  In fact, I guarantee it !

I'm not going to say your prediction is wrong, but if I am understanding your post, it looks like you think we play El Salvador in 55 minutes, but it's Honduras.