WCQ: Third Round - Window 4 (January 27- February 2, 2022)

Shway

36 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I have been watching episodes of Mayday lately and hearing some of the communications it got me to thinking about Esperanto and why it didn't catch on.  I've had kind of a rethink about it and think maybe it would still be a good idea.  I read somewhere you could pick up the rudiments fairly quickly but it didn't look too easy to me.

Wow Esperanto! While backpacking many moons ago I went to Esperanto meetups with locals in the Middle East, 'Stans, and Asia. It was fascinating.. and a bit nutso. Mostly a way to enjoy soccer with locals who wanted desperately to say why their team was 'da best!' 😁  

Edited by saintjoes

3 minutes ago, Free kick said:

You will get some really funny material when you used Google translate.

A local radio station used to run a contest where they would Google translate something from English to another language and then again from that language back into English.  You had to guess the original sentence to win.

1 minute ago, EJsens1 said:

It’s so annoying the US game isn’t on One Soccer.  I pay for enough streaming apps.  I’m not doing anymore.

Anyone have a recommended free streaming site?

Its not anywhere in Canada.

There really is no moral issues watching their game on an illegal streams

I'm sure someone here will post one.

I would check hesgoal

30 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

It’s so annoying the US game isn’t on One Soccer.  I pay for enough streaming apps.  I’m not doing anymore.

As @narduch said,   A Canadian broadcaster would have  to buy the rights from Fox in order to show teh US game in Canada.  That would not be any different for Onesoccer or any other streaming service.  Fox acquired the rights and pay for them to show the US games,  they are not going to give them away for free to Rogers or Onesoccer

Edited by Free kick

3 hours ago, Kent said:

Let's say we can only get 1 win in this window, with the other games being both draws, or both losses. Which game would you most like to win?

Is it Honduras to knock out our demons? Or is it USA because that is actually the most beneficial to our World Cup chances since they are a competitor, and Honduras and El Salvador WILL finish below us. My vote is a win against USA for what it does for our qualification chances, and of course the delicious tears. It certainly would be sweet to beat Honduras though. Maybe I take an 8-1 win over Honduras rather than a win against USA of any score line.

I'm soooo fed up with this type of nervous-Nellie hypothetical bullshit! We have one game in the next 24 hours and we're focusing on winning! Only winning. We're good enough to expect victory every single time we take the field. That's how my mind works with this team - Win baby! Let go of your fears and join me! It really can't be much fun supporting a first place team and hoping for one win in three games, with two of the games being against the last place and second last place teams.

21 minutes ago, Free kick said:

As @narduch said,   A Canadian broadcaster would have  to buy the rights from Fox in order to show teh US game in Canada.  That would not be any different for Onesoccer or any other streaming service.  Fox acquired the rights and pay for them to show the US games,  they are not going to give them away for free to Rogers or Onesoccer

I thought it was on ESPN2, at least that's where I'm watching it.

1 hour ago, EJsens1 said:

What....Having 3 games going on at the same time isn't enough?! I'll watch 1st half of Mex/Jam, All of Canada un-interrupted, and then the second half of Pan/CRC. 

Just now, johnyb said:

What....Having 3 games going on at the same time isn't enough?! I'll watch 1st half of Mex/Jam, All of Canada un-interrupted, and then the second half of Pan/CRC. 

People would probably complain if TSN ran the US game against the Canada game.

8 minutes ago, johnyb said:

I really wanted to watch the first half or so of this game..my apologies